3rd Trimester

When to pack bags?

So I'm just curious... When should I pack my hospital bag? I'm not due until the end of February, so I know I have some time, but I'm just curious what you moms have done/will do.

Daisypath - (2EEx)

Lilypie - (CszI)

Re: When to pack bags?

• I had my bag packed at 35 weeks the first time. That way, all I had to do was grab and go. 

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I started packing around 35 weeks. I haven't really packed much of anything except what I'm bringing for the baby because I use a lot of what I need. I've just been really good at keeping the laundry up and if there's something I come across I'm not going to use between now and when I give birth I put it in my bag. I did buy a bunch of little travel sized stuff: deodorant, shampoo, etc. to put in the toiletries bag. That is done.
    IMG_4940vin-1-1 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I started packing mine a week ago (35 weeks) and will finish up this week. I started making lists of what I want to take along about 33-34 weeks. (I move slowly)

My Blog: Sewing, crafting, motherhood, computers, and random musings... Sleep is for the weak

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I decided to have my bag packed between 36/37 weeks. No really good explanation other than the fact that I was close to full term and it felt like good timing.

BFP #1: 4/2/12 -- DD born 12/15/12. BFP #2: 4/1/14 -- CP. BFP #3: 4/28/14 -- EDD 1/10/15

Jan 15  NOV siggy challenge: 

• I have 35 days to go and I'm still not packed lol.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I started packing mine around 35 weeks.  I have a few little other things to put in there still, but the main basic items are all there.
  • I'm probably going to do mine today. I'm 37w tomorrow, I kept saying I was going to do it at 36 weeks but I feel no rush so I keep putting it off.
  • I started at 30 weeks lol diaper bag was packed before then. However, I have had problems with my pregnancy, had a cerclage done, and I wanted to be ready just in case. I still have to add the last minute stuff that I use now and will just grab all that when its time.
  • I was so excited that I packed at 34 weeks.  Yeah.  We see how that worked for me.  But it's nice to pack earlier rather than later so you can add things as you remember.

DD 12/20/99, DS 12/14/12, M/C 9/2014, M/C 1/2015

• I probably will around 36wks...and that is mostly because I am focused on Christmas right now.  I will be 36wks on Christmas.  So as we get gifts for LO etc I will do laundry and start to pack.
  • I've heard 35 weeks.  I am 30 weeks and starting writing down a list of things to pack in my bag.  I think whenever you feel the urge to pack a bag, you should do it.  It's one less think to worry about.  Good luck!!
  • I just finished packing my bag last night! A little late, but it got done. I also have a list of things I need right now and will grab before leaving the hospital.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Packed mine about 36-37 weeks.  It's been nice because they're done and as I've thought of little additions I just add those things to my bag :)  Now I'm 40 wks and 2 days and it kind of feels like I've been packed forever!  LOL
  • imageashbee0223:
    I started at 30 weeks lol diaper bag was packed before then. However, I have had problems with my pregnancy, had a cerclage done,nbsp;and I wanted to be ready just in case.nbsp;I still have to add the last minute stuff that I use now and will just grab all that when its time.

This is me too. I have a few things to add, but this pg has been such a roller coaster I figured better safe to be done. I'm sure everything will be very wrinkled!
    ~ Me, 30 DH, 32 ~ TTC since Oct 2009 septum resection 3/2010 stage IV endo 8/2011 IVF #1 1/25/12, 2 transferred, 2 frozen - BFN FET 2/22/12, 2 transferred - BFN IVF#2 5/12, transferred 3, froze 5, BFP! Beta 1: 151, Beta 2: 282 Cerclage placed @ 17 weeks due to shortening cervix, modified bed rest until delivery SAIF/PAIF always welcome image It's a girl! ~ Clare was born 1/31/13
  • I haven't packed yet. I probably will around 37 weeks.

BabyFruit Ticker

• I'm thinking I should probably do mine sometime this week...

I'm clearly not much of a mover and a shaker. 

• I started packing mine at 31 weeks, I only put a few items in and I've been adding more and more as the weeks go on. I still have some things to put in but I am going to make a list of last minute items to grab that can't be packed right now. I had baby's diaper bag packed by 32 weeks.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I packed my bag during the early stages of labour.  Gave me something to do.
    promised myself I'd retire when I turned gold, and yet here I am
  • I just finished packing last weekend. I know it's a little early for some, but I had flashes of labor starting early and not being prepared. Basically, I started a list of items around 25 weeks and started packing around 33 weeks and finished at 35 weeks. 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• I'm waiting till I'm 35 weeks, it just seems too early to do it before that and I'd like to be prepared ahead of the date.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I did it around 37w last time.  I'll probably do it the weekend before my RCS this time.  Truly, once you have your list it takes all of 15 minutes to do.
  • I have 18 days left and just began packing today. Not really sure what I am waiting for!!
  • Not sure when I'll pack. I know I plan on having the baby's bag in the car packed and ready. But since we're hoping to labor at home as long as we can I don't know what to pack or when...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I packed when I was in labour. I only used baby clothes when we left, yoga pants, and toiletries.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage
  • I packed really early last time around.  This time?  It's almost 38 weeks and I'm still not packed.  (See my bump blog post, lol).  I'm kind of in denial.
  • I have yet to start packing but I think I will this weekend. I just turned 35 weeks today so I gotta get on it.
    image image
  • I'm almost 36 weeks and still haven't packed it!  I have my first internal Thursday so I guess the results of that might scare me into packing ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"