April 2013 Moms

Baby Hiccups? (S+TM)

When do you start feeling LO having hiccups? What do they feel like? I assume it's a consistant "jerking" just like when we have hiccups.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Baby Hiccups? (S+TM)

• I'm excited for this to happen! I have no idea what it will feel like, but I can't wait!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • i haven't felt them with this one yet but with my others it eventually got sssooo annoying   it feels like rythmic little punches (or jerks or kicks)  over and over and over.   its cute for a while untill they get them and they last a really long time lol
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageSpringPeeper:

I don't know if I would call it a "jerking". More like rhythmic kicks.And then they get big and it's like you have the hiccups because your whole belly jumps a little.

I think I started to feel them this weekend. 

Good explanation!  Especially when they are still small.  When they get bigger your belly will shake.  I just started notice hiccups the past few weeks. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Adalyn 9/28/2010 & Peter 4/1/2013

• I don't remember when I started feeling hiccups with DD, but the last 3 weeks of my pregnancy, she had them EVERY.SINGLE.DAY!

I wouldn't say that they feel like kicks... It kind of like a jump inside your belly. With DD they weren't overly noticeable on the outside.. but I could definitely feel them inside.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • The first thing you'll start to notice is the difference between the types of movements LO is making.  There will be a sort of strange "rubbing" sensation from the inside when the baby stretches and rubs a foot against your ute from one point to another.  There will be rolling and flipping over, which feels like a bunch of crazy weird pressure.  Then there will be quick jabs, as if the baby is practicing really fast Bruce Lee-style punches on you.

The hiccups feel like the jabs, except you'll know they're hiccups because they're rhythmic.  You'll be able to count just about the same amount of time between each hiccup, whereas the actual movement jabs will be sporadic and you may feel two or three rapid jabs with a rest and then one or two more, and so on.

// I love you too. //

• With my first I didn't feel them until I was 30 weeks plus. No sign of them with this baby yet.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think I felt my first little batch of hiccups yesterday. I was lying in bed in the morning, not moving to get up yet, and there was this series of rhythmic little thunks. They basically felt the same as a kick or punch type move, but like NF said, each one came in rhythm. I counted about 20 in a row before I had to get up and couldn't focus on them any more.
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • I had them all the time with DS... Or, rather, DS had them all the time. It was funny but towards the end when it felt like he had them 3-4 times/day, it got exhausting lol everyone's explanation seems accurate!!
    Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • haha to me they feel like a constant bump every few seconds. its cute just pay attention to how many times you feel it and if theres a pattern and you'll know:)
    BabyName Ticker Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I can not say i ever felt them with either of my girls. Or rather was able to distinguish them from other movements. I am sure they had them I just didn't realize that is what I was feeling
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm sure I felt them yesterday morning! They were just tiny little jumps that came every few seconds, but only lasted about 2min. DH was able to feel them too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"