3rd Trimester
Options

TMI

Gah! I just feel like I have to poop and I can't! >< DH was rubbing my back the other day and saw a hemrroid, apparently I've been trying to hard. So annoying, I was doing so good there for a week or so and now. Nothing Crying
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: TMI

• Options
    I go through phases where I poop so much and then not at all. I know it's time to break out the Colace when the nausea comes on. Also, I've found Ina May knows what she's talking about b/c when I'm constipated I'll do like she suggests for labor and open/relax my mouth which relaxes other things. That seems to help. But I also don't keep trying if nothing seems to be happening. Just drink a crap ton of water, take a colace (or some kind of stool softener), eat an apple or banana, and try again later. Oh and take a walk or some kind of exercise. That helps too!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

i was in labor when i felt that way with my first. I kept feeling like i had to go and id go sit and nothing id push and still nothing but the feeling just would not go away and i was that was for like 3 days. maybe labor is impending!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo theboysanddany_zps4c74191e.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Try apple juice, lots of water and walking. Those are my go-tos

Anniversary 
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• Options
    imagesthomas1222:
    I go through phases where I poop so much and then not at all. I know it's time to break out the Colace when the nausea comes on. Also, I've found Ina May knows what she's talking about b/c when I'm constipated I'll do like she suggests for labor and open/relax my mouth which relaxes other things. That seems to help. But I also don't keep trying if nothing seems to be happening. Just drink a crap ton of water, take a colace or singe kind of stool softener, eat an apple or banana, and try again later. Oh and take a walk or some kind of exercise. That helps too!

All great advice except the bit about eating a banana. That is one fruit you should avoid while constipated as it contributes to constipation. Apples, pears, kiwis, etc are really good for it though!

OP sorry you are dealing with this. I'm in the same boat and it just sucks. I've had hemorrhoids since my pregnancy with DD that never went away fully. : I hope you feel better soon!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageLadyMadrid08:
    imagesthomas1222:
    I go through phases where I poop so much and then not at all. I know it's time to break out the Colace when the nausea comes on. Also, I've found Ina May knows what she's talking about b/c when I'm constipated I'll do like she suggests for labor and open/relax my mouth which relaxes other things. That seems to help. But I also don't keep trying if nothing seems to be happening. Just drink a crap ton of water, take a colace or singe kind of stool softener, eat an apple or banana, and try again later. Oh and take a walk or some kind of exercise. That helps too!
    All great advice except the bit about eating a banana. That is one fruit you should avoid while constipated as it contributes to constipation. Apples, pears, kiwis, etc are really good for it though! OP sorry you are dealing with this. I'm in the same boat and it just sucks. I've had hemorrhoids since my pregnancy with DD that never went away fully. : I hope you feel better soon!

Bananas do not cause constipation.  That is a myth, unless the bananas are green.  Most fruits have fiber, so all will help with constipation.  However, you need to get enough water along with the fruit.

• Options
    Colace?  Apple juice?  Walking? Metamucil?  There are a lot of things at your disposal, so to speak.
  • Options

Do you like sweet potatoes? I always see the raw fruit suggestion, but sweet potatoes are like gold for me. Also, raw veggies - carrot sticks, broccoli, etc. 

I hope the discomfort subsides soon! 

It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions ladies, ended up downing a whole thing of juice and am feeling much better. Smile
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagebeckajw:

imageLadyMadrid08:
    imagesthomas1222:
    All great advice except the bit about eating a banana. That is one fruit you should avoid while constipated as it contributes to constipation. Apples, pears, kiwis, etc are really good for it though! OP sorry you are dealing with this. I'm in the same boat and it just sucks. I've had hemorrhoids since my pregnancy with DD that never went away fully. : I hope you feel better soon!

&nbsp;

Bananas do not cause constipation.&nbsp; That is a myth, unless the bananas are green.&nbsp; Most fruits have fiber, so all will help with constipation.&nbsp; However, you need to get enough water along with the fruit.

Interesting. I was told this by multiple doctors in Spain so I just thought it was true. Good to know it's a myth though.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"