Babies: 0 - 3 Months

FF Question

These may be dumb questions, but I'm new to FF a newborn as DS was BF until 6 months. 

How much does LO typically take at 7/8 weeks?  DS is taking about 4oz every 3ish hours... lately it seems like it's closer to 2.5 hours.  He was chugging his 4oz bottle up until a couple of days ago and now it seems like those last 2 oz he fusses through and sometimes cries out.  He is on reflux meds (which may not be strong enough, I'm calling tomorrow).  I'm just wondering if this is too much for him to be eating.  He's gaining a lot, and the doc wasn't worried at his last appointment (6 weeks instead of a month due to Thanksgiving).  His sleep has been a bit disrupted as well - not terrible at night, but not the same and his napping is all over the place, but it's never been consistent. 

Anyone have any ideas?  I'm going to bring it up to the pedi, but thought I'd see if anyone had any suggestions.

TIA!

Preston!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: FF Question

• Wow, only 4oz? My LO is up to nearly 6 every 3 hours. We too are on reflux meds and I dont think they are strong enough. I dont have any advise but we are going through the same thing
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
  • I BF for 15 minutes on each side but my supply is low so we supplement with formula. After BFing, he usually drinks 3 or 4 oz and he is 3 weeks old.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My baby is almost 8 weeks and only takes 34 oz every approx 3 hours sometimes less and he's a chunk. I wish he would take more during the day though because he's up a lot at night to eat. He's also on reflux meds
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • imagesuzienickles36:
    My baby is almost 8 weeks and only takes 34 oz every approx 3 hours sometimes less and he's a chunk. I wish he would take more during the day though because he's up a lot at night to eat. He's also on reflux meds

I'm glad it's not only us at 4oz, because the previous posts had me worried.  DS is a chunk too (he wasn't even 7lbs at birth and is over 10 now, and DS#1 was just barely at 8 at 2 months).  But every time I try to give him more than 4 oz he just wont eat it or he spits it all up.  I'm hoping this is all just related to his meds, because he's only on 1/2 ml twice a day and has been since he was about 7lbs.  

Preston!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"