3rd Trimester

High Blood Pressure

I am 33week+3days. I went to the doctor on wednesday because of a severe headace. I was immediately sent to L&D to be monitored because my blood pressure was high. I did the 24hr urine test and two rounds of blood work and everything came back normal. I was told by my doctor that I would develop preeclampsia. I was discharged on thursday night and told I was on strict bed rest. I have been monitoring my blood pressure at home and it has consistently been 140s/90s. My question is has anyone ever asked to be induced to prevent the on coming of preeclampsia? I have had the steroid shots as well.

Re: High Blood Pressure

• I'm sorry you're having pre-e issues. It sucks.

I developed with both of my pregnancies now. With DS1, I developed at 34w and was induced at 35w,4d. With soon to be DS2, I developed at 30w and was placed on modified bedrest with BP checks at home and twice a week appts. The goal is to get me to 36w if at all possible. for me, i will do everything i can to keep him inside until doctors make the call that it's time to come out. Inside is the best place for LO to develop.

Did your doctor give you a BP range that you need to call them? If my BP at home is over 140/90, I have to call doc on call.

Good luck! Wishing you the best!

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• I wasn't induced, they wouldn't even let me try to deliver vaginally because of the stress it puts on your body. I had to have a c-section at 36 1/2 weeks because my bp got too high and they were worried I could have a seizure or worst. Mine started around 30-31 weeks and slowly started going up. I too got stuck doing the urine catches and they never came back too far from normal it was the blood pressure that worried them the most. I would discuss your options on your next trip to see your doctor. The swelling also was crazy towards the end of the pregnancy.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • When my aunt developed pre-e with her daughter at 34 weeks, she was given a c-section at 36.4. And if your BP is over 140/90 I would call and give your doc a heads up, he might want to see you.
  • From what I understand they're only going to induce before 37 weeks if it become a danger to you or baby. If you BP stays high or you develop pre-e, they might induce sometime after 37 weeks. 

I'm sorry you're going through this. It's rough. Just be good about your bed rest because it really does do wonders. I've managed to get my protein numbers below pre-e levels just with bed rest. T&Ps.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary

• My doc said to call If numbers got higher then or reached 140/90 as well. He wouldn't induce because my numbers were so high. I ended up with a c section at 37 wk 2 days. I immediately felt better. I was on bedrest from 20 weeks off and on due to my placenta starting to detach so for me the bed rest didn't work and I was so done with bedrest by the time I got pre e. hang in there and try and remain calm. I know it's scary. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageyecal262:

My doc said to call If numbers got higher then or reached 140/90 as well. He wouldn't induce because my numbers were so high. I ended up with a c section at 37 wk 2 days. I immediately felt better. I was on bedrest from 20 weeks off and on due to my placenta starting to detach so for me the bed rest didn't work and I was so done with bedrest by the time I got pre e. hang in there and try and remain calm. I know it's scary. 

I stay normally at 140s/90s. I'm not supposed to call until it gets to 160s/100s. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary

• I had eclampsia with my first 15 yrs ago, this will be my second. I had a seizure 10 hrs post partum and was on magnesium for 36 hrs after. Because of this they say that there's a 15% chance of reoccurance. I see a perinatologist as well as my regular OB. I have been monitoring my BPs at home since 19 weeks. I was told that if it gets to 140/90 I'm to call right away.

Its certainly scary however they try to keep the baby in there as long as possible and won't induce unless there is immediate concern for you or LO.

• Chances are you're headed for an induction anyway, but they're not going to do it this early - and definitely not before you're actually diagnosed with pre-eclampsia.  Ideally they could get the baby to 37 weeks (I was diagnosed at 35 and they delivered at 37 with my first baby) but until then, chances are it's still safer for baby to be in than out.  In severe cases they will deliver prior to term, but definitely not this early when your urine and bloodwork isn't showing anything definitive yet.
    DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!

•  Sorry I might have my numbers wrong. Point being that he had me call if it got higher then a certain point.  It was almost three years ago.  To answer the question from my experience was that they wouldn't do a induction if my bp was to high, and certainly wouldn't induce that early if they just thought I might get per eclampsia.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"