November 2012 Moms

uuuggghhhhh....

Oh. I meant Late Night Check In

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: uuuggghhhhh....

• Just finished feeding D., diaper changed, and then pumped. I am hoping we get a good three hours tonight. I am so tired. I am really looking forward to those longer stretches some of you ladies talk about.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • C takes his growth spurts very seriously. He will be 6 weeks at 426 this morning and I have nursed him every hour so far since 8...

And he hasn't slept since waking up at 8 to eat. I'm not even going to try to sleep tonight I don't think. I mean, why should I? He's not.

Again, ughhhh.

• Loading the player...
  • 9:37.... letting LO squirm and squak in her RNP while I chat on FB and post on here... dad went out for a boys night.. told him NOT to come home if he was going to go all crazy... but can't find my phone to find out if he is going all crazy or not

decided randomly to try to get her to latch since we were chillaxing in the bed and damn if she didn't latch right on.. both sides...but now my nips hurt soooo bad....she's prolly gonna have formula in a bit cuz I cannot imagine pumping right now

** Sorry for the sloppy typing....**8

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• imagerachael_c26:
    C takes his growth spurts very seriously. He will be 6 weeks at 426 this morning and I have nursed him every hour so far since 8...

And he hasn't slept since waking up at 8 to eat. I'm not even going to try to sleep tonight I don't think. I mean, why should I? He's not.

Again, ughhhh.

I feel your pain. Noah's 6 week growth spurt was brutal. We had 3 days where it felt like all I did was nurse him. Not much sleep occured during that period. Hang in there. Hopefully it will pass soon. Sending sleepy thoughts C's way!
    Noah is eating right now but being difficult. He keeps pulling off my boob but I know he is still hungry. Hoping he settles down soon so we can think about bed in the near future. It's almost 1 am.
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagecredcat7:
    decided randomly to try to get her to latch since we were chillaxing in the bed and damn if she didn't latch right on.. both sides...but now my nips hurt soooo bad....she's prolly gonna have formula in a bit cuz I cannot imagine pumping right now Sorry for the sloppy typing....8 nbsp;

Not telling you how to live yo life or anything, buttttt back in those first weeks when my nips were uber sore from C and I thought that the pump was going to be hell right after? It wasn't. I noticed if I had the little uhhhh...flanges? positioned right, it almost helped give some relief.

Just sayin, you might try it and if it hurts like a muthafucka, PM and I'll give you my address and you can come give me a what for.

Or just give the formula. Whatevs.

• imagerachael_c26:
    imagecredcat7:
    decided randomly to try to get her to latch since we were chillaxing in the bed and damn if she didn't latch right on.. both sides...but now my nips hurt soooo bad....she's prolly gonna have formula in a bit cuz I cannot imagine pumping right now Sorry for the sloppy typing....8 nbsp;

Not telling you how to live yo life or anything, buttttt back in those first weeks when my nips were uber sore from C and I thought that the pump was going to be hell right after? It wasn't. I noticed if I had the little uhhhh...flanges? positioned right, it almost helped give some relief.

Just sayin, you might try it and if it hurts like a muthafucka, PM and I'll give you my address and you can come give me a what for.

Or just give the formula. Whatevs.

I totally love pumping more than her sucking.. especially with my cracked nips :

10pm here. barely got home from the mall. we're all prepped for bed. diapers changed, lights out and ace has just been fed. hopefully she's as tired as I am and she'll sleep more sound tonight! I don't think I can take two nights of hourly feedings. okay. imma go to bed now. I'll answer other posts when I wake up. later suckaaas! ;
    Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • For the first time in 2 weeks I actually have time to participate and not just read.
    Just after 11 here, LO will be waking up soon to eat and then it's bed time. We were wide awake for 2.5 hours last night, for no apparent reason so I'm hoping to get a little more sleep tonight.
    And there goes my time, she's up.
    050 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagerachael_c26:
    imagecredcat7:
    Not telling you how to live yo life or anything, buttttt back in those first weeks when my nips were uber sore from C and I thought that the pump was going to be hell right after? It wasn't. I noticed if I had the little uhhhh...flanges? positioned right, it almost helped give some relief. Just sayin, you might try it and if it hurts like a muthafucka, PM and I'll give you my address and you can come give me a what for. ... ... Or just give the formula. Whatevs.

thanks for the motivation to try....once she is down i might give it a whirl.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• 10:15ish here. DD#1 is asleep, baby is sleeping in the swing, DH is watching Clone Wars and I'm writing a stupid paper for one of my stupid classes. It's due at midnight and I'm almost done but I can't seem to stop messing around online and just finish it already. After that I'll have 3 more papers to write before Monday, and then a final project due next Tuesday, and then I'll get a much-needed but way-too-short break from school.

Just in case anyone else was considering doing this...I do NOT recommend having a baby right in the middle of a semester of grad school!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Big AW-y newsflash: I just submitted my stupid paper! I'm one step closer to being DONE. Temporarily at least. And I found out I did better than I thought on my Voice Disorders final from Tuesday night. Sure I got one of the lower grades in the class, but it definitely wasn't the lowest and I passed. And nobody else in the class just had a baby, so what's their excuse??

Ok, I'm feeling more modest now. Just had to get that out. Off to bed I go now at midnight with my snuggly little bundle.

• 2:00. Just finishibg feeding Hallie. The 3 of is drove an hour and a half to go Christmas shopping today. Including new clothes for myself. My mini skirts and short dresses just feel weird now that I'm a mother. I don't care if I'm only 22...I no longer want to dress like a teenage girl! We got Hallie some books, hair clips, and movies for Christmas. We got home after 10 and put it all away before layibg straight down for bed.

Is everyone else done Christmas shopping? The stores were crazy today.
  • Up feeding Henry, he does about 2 feedings a night now. At the 5:30 feeding he normally wants to stay up and chat until 7 so Ill probably be back.

DH goes to Puerto Rico for work December 17 through 20. Everyone we know talked me into going with him. So DH, Henry and I are PR bound in a week, we bought my ticket today. I'm excited but a little nervous about the logistics of flying. We never had a honeymoon, notlike we can honeymoon it up but iit'll be nice to go somewhere and relax. We spent our vacation taking SDs to Disney in June and that was NOT relaxing.

Also, I um...helped DH out a little bit today if you catch my drift. I really miss sex. My 6 week appt is on NYE so I'm hoping to get cleared for some New Years sex.
  • imagerachael_c26:
    Oh. I meant Late Night Check In
    nbsp;
    nbsp;

LOL Rachael.

So we took M to the pedi today. He has a cold. Lots of congestion. He was miserable all day. I cried at one point because I felt so bad for him. The pedi said to keep him upright and let him sleep in his car seat.

He fell asleep around 11 and slept for a record 3 hours in his car seat! I woke up panicked because I thought something was wrong lol. But it felt good to sleep that long! We got a humidifier and its definitely helping. TMI but I was finally able to suck out some boogers! Victory!

So anyways. It's 3:00 and we're wide awake. He is a trooper. Giving me smiles and being so calm when he clearly doesn't feel well. I love my little peanut.
    Photobucket
    "For this child I prayed; and the LORD has given me my petition which I asked of him:"
    -1 Samuel 1:27 Lilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • imageZoeMay06:
    Big AWy newsflash: I just submitted my stupid paper! I'm one step closer to being DONE. Temporarily at least. And I found out I did better than I thought on my Voice Disorders final from Tuesday night. Sure I got one of the lower grades in the class, but it definitely wasn't the lowest and I passed. And nobody else in the class just had a baby, so what's their excuse?? nbsp;Ok, I'm feeling more modest now. Just had to get that out. Off to bed I go now at midnight with my snuggly little bundle.

Congrats on finishing your paper!! When I was studying early childhood education there was a girl in my class who had a baby mid semester. I was stressed enough doing assignments without a baby and I didn't know how she was able to manage her time and get her work done. Now that I have a baby I even more cant imagine how on earth you balance school and motherhood. Props to you Zoe for being so committed to both your education and being a great mom. I can't say that I would be able to handle the pressure the way you are so here's my way of sending you some encouragement. I bet your LO will be so proud of you one day for sticking with it.
    Photobucket
    "For this child I prayed; and the LORD has given me my petition which I asked of him:"
  • 3:30 here and we're done nursing. Having a really good night so far compared with the last two.Despite the fact M loves to pee as soon as you take her diaper off to change her. It's really lovely... I thought you only had to worry about this with boys. It ruins a brand new diaper when I try to catch it. And I'm a lazy diaper changer at 3am so it gets on her clothes too. Anyone else have a reckless peeer?

We've had two 3 hour stretches compared to the 1.5 to 2 hr fussy disasters from the last two nights. Maybe this growth spurt is over? Also decided to use sleep sack instead of swaddle. Not sure if it's a coincidence or if she truly hates the swaddle but she seems so much happier while sleeping tonight. Which makes me happy.

And grad school was hard w/o a baby... way to go momma!!
    Pregnancy Ticker

photo 9c28f28c-5aae-4b20-8f02-ea27ec37f516_zpsdaed06b5.jpg
  • Just fed Bird and laying here with him on my chest waiting for him to actually fall asleep so I can pump.

SO and I had our first date night since the baby was born tonight.  It was amazing.  I feel guilty for having so much fun without LO, but we were two before we were three.  Well, for a month or so!  But you know what I mean, it was nice to get back to that for a few hours.  We went to a nice little local restaurant, got a bottle of (PINK!!) champagne, and just talked and laughed and had a real date.  I had the best steak in the world, and we ordered three desserts.  So much for the four pounds I lost this week.  When we got back to my parents, Bird was snuggling with my dad by the fire.  I don't think he even realised I was gone.

• 230 am

snoring husband = check

hungry baby = check

sleepy mommy = check

although, I am soooo excited for breakfast, my mom is here visiting, she's going to make almond pinwheels and they are soooo yummy!  Can't wait. 

oa1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • 1:30!!! whoohoo! 3hrs of sleep! I'm super happy! hope our next one is the same after this feeding!
    Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • 5:17 am here. Just finished feeding the babe. Rocking back to sleep now. He's peeking at me, one eye open.

He slept for 4 straight hours !!!!!!
    I kept waking up looking at the time to see if it was real. He also just killed 4 ounces. Maybe once he's sleep for real hell do another 4 hours. I surrrrteeee could use it.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Ugh is right! CJ seems determined to deprive me of any semblance of sleep tonight. He woke up at 330 and has been unwilling to go down. It is now 530. twice I've tried putting him back in his crib after falling asleep in my arms. The first time he just screamed and the second he just fussed until he spit up all over himself. I really want to wake up DH to take over getting him to sleep, but he worked 9-9 yesterday and was so tired last night that I ended up in tears because he just fell asleep on the couch too exhausted to do anything, meanwhile I haven't had a decent sleep in a month and have been almost exclusively looking after baby and the house and the dog since he has been working so much. He has to work again today so I just feel guilty waking him up when he hasn't had a day off since thanksgiving. However I am Soo tired!
  • Almost 5 here...finishing nursing Hallie. She normally does 4 hour stretches...she just did about 2.5...uugh. Let momma sleep little one!
  • 530. Uugghhhhh

That's all I have to say about this.  

oa1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Well. It's 7:30. M was up from 2 to 4:40. Then up again at 5:00. Then again at 6 till now. I'm wiped out and poor M is still super congested. DH just offered to take him so I can sleep. Thank you DH!
    Photobucket
  • imagedanak4:
    We've had two 3 hour stretches compared to the 1.5 to 2 hr fussy disasters from the last two nights. Maybe this growth spurt is over? Also decided to use sleep sack instead of swaddle. Not sure if it's a coincidence or if she truly hates the swaddle but she seems so much happier while sleeping tonight. Which makes me happy.

Right there with you, Dana. I decided to try the sleep sack for the fact that DD loves to be bundled and warm and our swaddles just weren't cozy enough. It's become part of bedtime now... sleep sack, sleep, wake up, diaper change, eat, sleep. FX it keeps working!

Also, Red, if DH left at DS's bedtime, I would flip the F out. Although he is the bath giver and book reader lately, so I really beed him. He works 24hr shifts every 4 days, but took off his night shifts since DD was born. Wednesday will be his first 24hr shift and I am slightly terrified to bathe DS and get him to bed while also tending to DD. He may not get a bath on nights DH works for a while...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Sorry I missed the party lastnight. DH actually got up with little man and let me sleep. It was AMAZING! I'm sure I'll be back tonight as DH has to work tomorrow.

TTC #1 since 3/11

BFP #1 5/4/11 EDD 1/12/12 natural m/c 5/17/11

BFP #2 8/9/11 EDD 4/18/12 ectopic pregnancy (methotrexate) 8/24/11 ruptured tube and removal 8/29/11

BFP #3 3/9/12 EDD 11/19/12 Logan born 11/18/12

BFP #4 10/21/14 EDD 6/30/15

~*~*Everyone Welcome*~*~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"