1st Trimester

Hey, amarissa85 here's your DD

I guess you thought you could just delete it and it would go away. It doesn't always work that way.

imageamarissa85:I know it is WAY early to be thinking about this but the question is already in my mind about where to register. Since we are not going to find out the gender of the baby it is going to be a bit difficult to find some gender neutral things in the store, I checked target and babies r us which is where I think we will register but the problem is most of the good gender neutral stuff is online only. If I did that do you think it would have a good turnout. I mean we are both military and we don't live near family anyway but was just wondering maybe if we had some things on the list that were online only people may not get them. What do you think? I don't know how most people baby shower shop now a days.

Re: Hey, amarissa85 here's your DD

• I'm not sure why this even matters.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Don't worry, Santa will bring you everything that you and your little baby need.  Just sit on my lap for a bit first.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Daisypath Christmas tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • What did people say that caused her to DD?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary

• imageCarolynL8:
    imageRaeily:
    What did people say that caused her to DD?
    Yea, i think i missed it too. The OP doesnt seem so bad. Wonder what went down.

My thoughts exactly... 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageemolm:
    I'm not sure why this even matters.

I was thinking the same thing.
  • imageemolm:

Ditto that. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Cmon bliss.... Was this necessary???
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • imagemystererae:
    imageSLSeibert1:

imageCarolynL8:
    imageRaeily:

My thoughts exactly... 

They (or really just Bliss) called her gift grabby & Pregzilla for strategizing the best way to do her registry at such an early stage. 

I must be pregzilla 1000. I have my registry pretty much complete (at least until I know the gender) on Amazon. Right now it's private, and I'll make it public in the later months. I can say though, it feels pretty nice having some of that stuff already planned out and taken care of. It's especially nice when MIL starts talking about wanting to get me baby things for Christmas, and I can refer to my list and find out what I could have now to get set up! Really, not a bad idea to think ahead.  

• I think this is against TB's TOS now.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • The post seems innocuous, what's the big deal?
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• I dd my post bc I thought the drama was childish I am not nor have I ever been gift grabby I barely had a shower for my first and I didn't plan one at all for my second. This is me and my husbands first child together so we are excited about everything including planning. I thought your post was rude hence the reason I got defensive as was within my rights. Everyone has their opinion however just as I have been preggers for "all of a minute" you have known me all of about the same so you don't know me well enough to make those assumptions I have other very large concerns which are not an issue now but will be later my post was a means to get ideas and is one of my last concerns...I got mad not because you "hit the nail on the head" but because you know nothing about me and read 1 post and thought you knew so much to make such a rude statement. Moving on now.
    imageimageimageimage

• imageamarissa85:
    I dd my post bc I thought the drama was childish I am not nor have I ever been gift grabby I barely had a shower for my first and I didn't plan one at all for my second. This is me and my husbands first child together so we are excited about everything including planning. I thought your post was rude hence the reason I got defensive as was within my rights. Everyone has their opinion however just as I have been preggers for "all of a minute" you have known me all of about the same so you don't know me well enough to make those assumptions I have other very large concerns which are not an issue now but will be later my post was a means to get ideas and is one of my last concerns...I got mad not because you "hit the nail on the head" but because you know nothing about me and read 1 post and thought you knew so much to make such a rude statement. Moving on now.

You should have just left it instead of DDing though. Its more childish to flip the F out and delete than just to leave it. Yes, Bliss was somewhat harsh but she had a valid point. Its bad netiquette to delete just because you don't like the responses.  

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I wasn't planning my shower just the registry and I know everyone isn't going to agree however there is such a thing as tact if you'd merely asked why I was so worried about that so early I would have been a lot more receptive but you flat out bashed me was I irritated yes but I think quite a few would be when approached in that manner. 
    imageimageimageimage

• imageBliss+Berry:
    imagemystererae:
    imageSLSeibert1:

imageCarolynL8:
    imageRaeily:

My thoughts exactly... 

They (or really just Bliss) called her gift grabby & Pregzilla for strategizing the best way to do her registry at such an early stage. 

For her third baby shower.  

What went down was when she didn't like my post she flipped her shizz like a cuckoo.  A couple of posters told her to calm the F down.  I guess she didn't want anyone to see her true nature and DD'ed to hide it.   

Seems unnecessary to repost the deleted post.  Honestly, I think it's just weird that you even cared that much to do it. 

• imageCitrusSwallowtail:
    imageBliss+Berry:
    imagemystererae:
    imageSLSeibert1:

imageCarolynL8:
    imageRaeily:

My thoughts exactly... 

For her third baby shower.  

What went down was when she didn't like my post she flipped her shizz like a cuckoo.  A couple of posters told her to calm the F down.  I guess she didn't want anyone to see her true nature and DD'ed to hide it.   

Seems unnecessary to repost the deleted post.  Honestly, I think it's just weird that you even cared that much to do it. 

Yes This exactly. I think the OP was kinda greedy sounding. I mean who's thinking about a shower for their third kid when they're 4 weeks pregnant??? But still..

And Bliss -- why are you even on the 1st Tri board??? Semms to me like you need a hobby or job or something.

• imageBC&LM:
    imageemolm:
    I was thinking the same thing.

Yes 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image Mom to 4, pregnant with 2
  • oh sweet baby Jesus ........
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

Jacob & Audra - married since 05.28.11
    Emma Kate - born 10.16.03 @ 29 weeks, weighed 1lb 13oz and 13.5" long.
    Ozzy Joseph - born 11.01.13 @ 31 weeks, weighed 3lbs 7oz and 16" long.
    TTC #3
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

• There's too many double standards happening here.  "It's bad form to DD?"  says who?  You don't want to be "policed" by others, yet there's magically some kind of unwritten rule that is broken when you DD, and you tell others it is wrong to...isn't that "policing" others?  

You say it's a public forum and anyone can post their opinions.   That being said, it's a public forum, anyone can delete at any time. period.  This immaturity makes me laugh.  It's like my students "You did it...no you did it...no you...I'm telling"...lo,

Go enjoy your day, you can't get the minutes back you spend calling other ppl out on TB because you,re trying to prove a weak point.   

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I don't agree with the DD or the repost of it.

However, I've run into this logic before, so here's my take:

On the Not Engaged Yet board on TK new posters always asked why engaged ladies were there. Well, to keep you from pestering your boyfriend and making engagement chicken for every meal, my dear.

On all of TK new posters would ask why married ladies were there. Well, if they weren't ladies would be having potluck dinners and 3-tier guest lists.

So, I just assume that there are ladies here who are not i the first tri to tell us why the weeks start from our last period and that it's better to get the flu shot. 

It's better to get advice from someone who has been there. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Why are you even having and worried about gifts for a third child... Baby showers are to welcome the mother into mommy hood... A second or even third shower often looks tacky. Even if it is the first baby with a different man... It's not about the man, it's about the new mommy. This is why it kinda comes across as gift grabby to me. I'm 15 weeks and not this concerned about what everyone is going to get me... Just relax. If you have a baby shower for a third people will either choose to get you so etching or not, it probably won't be big ticket items... You've done this twice before. 

TTC since 03/2011
    BFP#1 spontaneous conception! 4/28/12 natural MC on 5/9/12
    IUI#1 with clomid and trigger on 9/12/12
    BFP#2 on 9/26/12 EDD 6/5/13
    Beta #1 143 14dpo Beta #2 343 16dpo Beta #3 920 18dpo
    Please, Please, Please stick baby!

Baby Mackenzie born 5/28/2013!

BabyFruit Ticker

• What does it mean when you "barely" have a shower?
  • Bliss, you're trying too hard here you wise bump veteran of five months. You may not be puppies and rainbows which is totally fine but you don't have to be such a douchecanoe either.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • imagesheacox:
    Why are you even having and worried about gifts for a third child... Baby showers are to welcome the mother into mommy hood... A second or even third shower often looks tacky. Even if it is the first baby with a different man... It's not about the man, it's about the new mommy. This is why it kinda comes across as gift grabby to me. I'm 15 weeks and not this concerned about what everyone is going to get me... Just relax. If you have a baby shower for a third people will either choose to get you so etching or not, it probably won't be big ticket items... You've done this twice before. 

I am not going to comment on all of the BS going back and forth....Bliss just give it up and they will move on. Who cares.

My question is for the comment that it is tacky to have a shower for your second or third child? this will be my second child but there are more than 6 years in between pregnancies.Is it still tacky in that case?? Honestly want to know!! I recently donated the rest of what baby things I was holding onto from my daughter  to a family whose house burnt down and then 2 months later found out I was pregnant. Not sure that would have changed me donating though. Most of that stuff was outdated. I have NOT started to plan my registry though it sounds like a fun way to pass some time! 

Opinions please?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Really?  How is someone being excited about being pregnant and picking out baby gear possibly flameful?!?

I don't remember this place being so nasty last time around. 

• imageSouthernsunflower2012:

imagesheacox:
    Why are you even having and worried about gifts for a third child... Baby showers are to welcome the mother into mommy hood... A second or even third shower often looks tacky. Even if it is the first baby with a different man... It's not about the man, it's about the new mommy. This is why it kinda comes across as gift grabby to me. I'm 15 weeks and not this concerned about what everyone is going to get me... Just relax. If you have a baby shower for a third people will either choose to get you so etching or not, it probably won't be big ticket items... You've done this twice before. 

I am not going to comment on all of the BS going back and forth....Bliss just give it up and they will move on. Who cares.

My question is for the comment that it is tacky to have a shower for your second or third child? this will be my second child but there are more than 6 years in between pregnancies.Is it still tacky in that case?? Honestly want to know!! I recently donated the rest of what baby things I was holding onto from my daughter  to a family whose house burnt down and then 2 months later found out I was pregnant. Not sure that would have changed me donating though. Most of that stuff was outdated. I have NOT started to plan my registry though it sounds like a fun way to pass some time! 

Opinions please?

i think the general rule of thought is that if there are many years inbetween and someone else offers its ok to have a shower. Check out the shower board and read some posts there but that seems to be the answer. However it looks like most women say it would probably still be somewhat toned down. But then again it also depends on your family and friends. Maybe they want to go all out for your second. :) 

TTC since 03/2011
    BFP#1 spontaneous conception! 4/28/12 natural MC on 5/9/12
    IUI#1 with clomid and trigger on 9/12/12
    BFP#2 on 9/26/12 EDD 6/5/13
    Beta #1 143 14dpo Beta #2 343 16dpo Beta #3 920 18dpo
    Please, Please, Please stick baby!

Baby Mackenzie born 5/28/2013!

BabyFruit Ticker

• imageramy3695:

imagemeimsx:
    Bliss, you're trying too hard here you wise bump veteran of five months. You may not be puppies and rainbows which is totally fine but you don't have to be such a douchecanoe either.

Yes 

*like* 

TTC #1 since 5/2010 dx: annovulatory 

RLP: 2/2012: normal HSG 3/2012: normal

BFP #1 7/20/11 M/C 7/25/11. BFP #2 11/29/11 M/C 12/21/11

I have two angel babies that I will see again one day

BFP #3 10/27/12 EDD: 7/6/13

Baby Emma arrived at 35 weeks by surprise on June 3rd, 2013!!

BFP #4: 5/23/14 EDD: 1/30/15  Emma's gonna be a big sister!

Beta #1 19DPO: 213 Beta #2 21DPO: 674

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageramy3695:

imagemeimsx:
    Bliss, you're trying too hard here you wise bump veteran of five months. You may not be puppies and rainbows which is totally fine but you don't have to be such a douchecanoe either.

Yes 

Double thumbs up.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Glad someone asked about the baby shower for children who are far apart in age!  lol, my daughter will almost be 10 by the time this baby is born .... I literally have NOTHING left from when she was a baby.  I never knew it was tacky to have a baby shower for your second, third, and so on children .... I've been to plenty of baby showers where it was for a second or third child.  I didn't think it was in poor form or tacky ... so that was a new one to me!  :)  Of course, the necessities were more focused on diapers and clothing, rather than bigger ticket items!  :) 

I fully plan on having a baby shower ... lol.  My MIL already told me she was hosting it ... lmao ... and I'm barely f*cking pregnant.  :)  

Jacob & Audra - married since 05.28.11
    Emma Kate - born 10.16.03 @ 29 weeks, weighed 1lb 13oz and 13.5" long.
    Ozzy Joseph - born 11.01.13 @ 31 weeks, weighed 3lbs 7oz and 16" long.
    TTC #3

• imageaessary03:

Glad someone asked about the baby shower for children who are far apart in age!  lol, my daughter will almost be 10 by the time this baby is born .... I literally have NOTHING left from when she was a baby.  I never knew it was tacky to have a baby shower for your second, third, and so on children .... I've been to plenty of baby showers where it was for a second or third child.  I didn't think it was in poor form or tacky ... so that was a new one to me!  :)  Of course, the necessities were more focused on diapers and clothing, rather than bigger ticket items!  :) 

I fully plan on having a baby shower ... lol.  My MIL already told me she was hosting it ... lmao ... and I'm barely f*cking pregnant.  :)  

Yes I was shocked to see that comment too about it being Tacky and bad Form! I was worried! I bet it is safe for us spacers here to have another shower. My friends who have just had their second and third babies and showers have expressed excitement about throwing me a shower back home so I am thrilled!

• imageaessary03:

Glad someone asked about the baby shower for children who are far apart in age!  lol, my daughter will almost be 10 by the time this baby is born .... I literally have NOTHING left from when she was a baby.  I never knew it was tacky to have a baby shower for your second, third, and so on children .... I've been to plenty of baby showers where it was for a second or third child.  I didn't think it was in poor form or tacky ... so that was a new one to me!  :)  Of course, the necessities were more focused on diapers and clothing, rather than bigger ticket items!  :) 

Yes I was shocked to see that comment too about it being Tacky and bad Form! I was worried! I bet it is safe for us spacers here to have another shower. My friends who have just had their second and third babies and showers have expressed excitement about throwing me a shower back home so I am thrilled!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"