Parenting

would you have punched her?

I am 24 weeks with my 2nd child. I am very small framed and tend to carry big. i get the "twins?" thing all the time. My DD was pretty big at birth as well (over 9lbs). so at 24 weeks I look a bit further than that. I am "all belly" as they say. It is definitely a prominent baby bump, round and basketball like. 

We have causal friday at work, so yesterday in all my lazy glory I wore jeans and one of DH's sweatshirts, since mine don't cover my belly. I still think my pregnant belly was very noticeable, not that it mattered, but....

I walked into my office and a coworker said to me "you don't look pregnant today, you just look chubby." I was like "seriously?". Then I said " how does a round belly sticking out look "chubby"? and she said "well I could've said fat but I was being nice.

If I didn't need to keep my job I would have hit her. Also, it's not the first time she has made comments to me about weight or things that I eat. I just don't get people. I would NEVER say anything along those lines to anyone.  

Re: would you have punched her?

• I would have said that "chubby" is temporary, stupid is permanent, and wish her luck.
  • Oh...  I used to get those comments too.  I was 25 weeks for my cousin's wedding (with #1 even) and I was asked if I would make it home before I delivered.

I was stopped 2 weeks before my edd with #3 and asked how many I was having.

People need to STFU.  Yes, I would punch her...  okay, not really, but tell her off next time.

• Loading the player...
  • imagegimmietimmies:
    I would have said that "chubby" is temporary, stupid is permanent, and wish her luck.

I like this response, use it next time.

But also she sounds like a cuntybitch who is just jealous.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I had an older co-worker say that she couldn't wait to see what I looked like at 9 months pregnant since I was so big and I was only 20 weeks. In the beginning of my pregnancy she was also the same one who would comment on everything I ate, because I ate the same thing for breakfast every day since my morning sickness was horrible I could only tolerate a few things without getting sick. My advice is just to ignore her. Those types of people seem to be everywhere. Think of some good comebacks though for the future when she is an assholee. 
    A: 10.02.03     

M: 01.28.11 
  • What a b!tch!  I definitely would have been inclined to strike her, however, I understand about keeping your job...Try to ignore it.

And PROPS to you for having a 9lb baby!  It's quite impressive! 

• That runs along the same lines as what my aunt said when I was pregnant with DD. My 73 year old aunt kept telling me, "You're carrying all over". Nice huh?
  • What a B***h.  Personally, I am already sensitive about my weight, so to have anyone-- even my daughter-- comment on my weight usually makes me cry.  I can honestly say that right now, at 29 wks pregnant, I probably wouldn't have had your restraint and likely would have decked the woman!
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Thanks guys. I can't believe how many stupid people are out there. I def need some quick comebacks handy. I guess I shouldn't be surprised with DD I got "do you need a walker?" And "wow you could stop traffic!" Among other things. Just last week someone said "you're about ready to have that baby huh?" I was like "nope I have 3.5 months left". The look on their face was priceless I just walked away. But those were strangers when its someone who knows me and I see everyday it really p!sses me off!
  • Wow? Wow wow wow? I would have made a personal comment regarding her appearance. But I'm nasty that way. 
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • Why do people think since you're pregnant, it's ok to cooment on your size and weight? I've never understood it.

Whatabitch.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1e/60/2a/1e602a4261a90b9c761ebe748b780318.jpg    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/47/2c/07/472c076006afed606241716dd0db828a.jpg 
  • imagegimmietimmies:
    I would have said that "chubby" is temporary, stupid is permanent, and wish her luck.

Ha this is awesome! Storing this away for future use.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I feel ya! I had a 9 lb 10 oz baby boy and am a very petite woman so clearly I was massive! Yet that doesn't give people the right to be obnoxious and rude. I actually had a woman get into a full on debate with me about how she was so "sure" I was having twins. I don't know why she thought she was smarter or knew better than my doctors and an ultrasound machine but she literally could not fathom that I was only having one child. This was while I was working too or I would have told her she was a fugly ***. 
  • imagegimmietimmies:

This.

I married a ginger.
    m/c 12/25/09 (5w5d) mm/c D&C 4/9/10 (11w1d) Take home baby 2/22/11
    My boobies belong to cour10e
  • imageMsLs:
    I feel ya! I had a 9 lb 10 oz baby boy and am a very petite woman so clearly I was massive! Yet that doesn't give people the right to be obnoxious and rude. I actually had a woman get into a full on debate with me about how she was so "sure" I was having twins. I don't know why she thought she was smarter or knew better than my doctors and an ultrasound machine but she literally could not fathom that I was only having one child. This was while I was working too or I would have told her she was a fugly ***.nbsp;

Omg the exact same thing happened to me!! And another one swore my due date was off by two months lol
  • imageKlondikeBar:

Why do people think since you're pregnant, it's ok to cooment on your size and weight? I've never understood it.

Whatabitch.

Cause somehow being pregnant or having children means they think that the stuff that most people say in their head and know better than to say out loud is okay now to say to people. It's like a giant warning sign to us since they forgot to wear their tshirts warning the rest of us that they're coming. See example:

• People have no tact.  I was stopped by a stranger at an electronics store once ... he says to me, "Whoa! You need a kickstand for that thing!"  I was not amused.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Me: 28, DH: 33
    Conceived DD in <1yr w/o assistance
    TTC#2 since 11/2013
    DX: PCOS
    Benched pending conf of Rubella immunity
    Next Cycle: CLOMID round 1

• I would have punched her.
  • I'm getting the same comments.  It gets old REAL quick.  A bell ringer said something along the lines of she hoped I was almost done shopping because - and that's where I cut her off.  I said, "Yup I'm done.  Plus, I'm just at the grocery store for food."  And I left.  I was pisssed.  So rude.  

I've now taken to telling people that this baby boy must have a huge peen, and that's where my size is coming from.  That kind of shuts them up.

• imageMamatoA2010:
    That runs along the same lines as what my aunt said when I was pregnant with DD. My 73 year old aunt kept telling me, "You're carrying all over". Nice huh?

Gimmie's response is spot on! My FIL used to comment on how big I was, so one day I rubbed his belly and commented on how big he was too. Expect to get a reaction when you give an ashole response, fucckers.

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• Oh, wow.  That was really out of line and rude.

I went through the same thing with an older lady at work.  Every single time she saw me, there was a comment about twins or getting bigger, or asking me if I was going to pop then.  The comments about my weight were like every single day.

Finally, one day, I just looked at her and said "I don't appreciate your weight comments, as I am sure you didn't  when you were pregnant with your kids.  You're rude." I just walked away.  She never said anything again.

I wish I could have punched her.  Maybe I would just try saying something to her?  Does she have kids?

• imageLuckie519:

Oh, wow.  That was really out of line and rude.

I went through the same thing with an older lady at work.  Every single time she saw me, there was a comment about twins or getting bigger, or asking me if I was going to pop then.  The comments about my weight were like every single day.

Finally, one day, I just looked at her and said "I don't appreciate your weight comments, as I am sure you didn't  when you were pregnant with your kids.  You're rude." I just walked away.  She never said anything again.

I wish I could have punched her.  Maybe I would just try saying something to her?  Does she have kids?

yeah actually she has a DD around the same age as my DD. she carried very very small, didn't show until the very end, and gained very little weight. and i know for a fact it bothered her when people commented on how tiny she was and how she didn't even look pregnant (of course i never said those things because im not a moron). so you'd think she would have more sense than to say sh!t to me!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"