March 2013 Moms
Options

Sweet Treats make me sick

I have a sweet tooth, but a not-so-fun symptom has cut back (more than I was already doing in trying to watch what I eat). Still, whenever I forget myself and indulge a little, I am so sick and nauseous about 20 minutes later. Tonight, I made some white chocolate chip cookies and ate two of the smallest ones, then spent the rest of the evening with an upset stomach.

It seems to only be solid sweets. I can sip a soda without side effects. I can eat a small bowl of ice cream and not feel sick. But give me a small candy bar or a couple small cookies and I am not feeling well at all.

Anyone else? 

On the plus side, I find myself wanting sweets less. Probably negative association. Hope it sticks post-partum! 

DD- 11/17/08, DD- 11/16/09, DS- 3/20/13 
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
 Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Sweet Treats make me sick

• Options
    I cannot tolerate sweets as well either! But what I have noticed is to make it easier, I brush my teeth immediately after I am done and it's not as bad. I know that sounds weird, but I feel like it's a lot of the aftertaste that is making me feel sick.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I haven't been feeling sick over it, but I did notice that I lost a lot of my sweet tooth.  I used to bake cookies all of the time (great for stress relief!), but I've only baked once in the last 3 months.  Now all I'm left with is a salty tooth, if that is a thing...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's been quite interesting for me. The first 16-18 weeks, the thought of anything sweet made me queasy. Prior to pregnancy I LOVED chocolate but I remember looking at chocolate made me vomit during first tri-mester. Then I don't know what happened around 16-18 weeks but all of the sudden, I crave sweets all the time now. I have to consciously avoid them or I could live off of sweets.
  • Options

imagejmb822:
    I cannot tolerate sweets as well either! But what I have noticed is to make it easier, I brush my teeth immediately after I am done and it's not as bad. I know that sounds weird, but I feel like it's a lot of the aftertaste that is making me feel sick.

I, too, have noticed that eating candy does leave the mouth feeling "sugar coated" which is not a fun feeling or taste.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • Options
    i can only handle certain sweete. Like fruity sour or chocolate. Nothing full on sugar. A gf gave jelly bellys out at her baby shower. The full on sugar killed me. i did notice when i eat sugar free candy I'm ok.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"