October 2012 Moms

Meltdown. Long

So today was my second day back at work. I work as a bartender right now. And if you have worked in the industry or have friends in the industry, you know that you are done when you are done regardless of what your schedule says. Yesterday was fine. Today on the other hand meltdown central.

I spilled coffee on myself and a coworker on accident. He got super pissed off. No one got burnt. And I don't usually cry over such things but I started. Then whenever he saw me for the rest of the night would say things like "don't spill on me" or "watch out" or jump out of the way if I was near. I would typically laugh at that kind of stuff but every time he did it, it just made me feel awful and want to cry again.

Then I texted my mom to see how H was and she told me he was eating like crazy, that she spilled half a bottle, and was trying to get more defrosted. So then I immediately start panicking that there won't be enough for him and they'll give him formula.

Well my scheduled out time was 8. That was a joke. I had people there until almost 10. So I'm closing up and literally walking out the door when my manager asks me to work tomorrow. Seriously?!? His response was well your mom watches him so it should be no big deal right? Umm wrong. If you've read any of my posts before you know my mom and I have our issues. Pretty major ones at that. And regardless of that, she didn't ask for this and can't just live her life like that. So I tell him I'll get back to him in the morning.

I fly home. I live 30 minutes from work. Which to some may not seem that far, but it's wayyyy further than I'd like it to be. I get home and break down in tears. My mom looks at me and says you're home with your baby, be happy. Which makes me cry harder. Then she just walks away sayin she can't deal with this right now.

I just want to curl up in bed with baby H and never to back to work. A/ so I can be with him all the time. And b/ so I don't harve to deal with my mom and the assorted issues that entails.

If you read all that, thank you, I'm sorry it was long.

Re: Meltdown. Long

• I'm so sorry for you. Stay strong.
  • I am so sorry you're dealing with all of this! Sounds like you had a really rough day and hopefully it can only get better from here. Can't you just tell your boss no about working tomorrow? If you weren't already scheduled, it's not like he can force you and it seems like you could use a break.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemom2be0912:
    I am so sorry you're dealing with all of this! Sounds like you had a really rough day and hopefully it can only get better from here. Can't you just tell your boss no about working tomorrow? If you weren't already scheduled, it's not like he can force you and it seems like you could use a break.

I agree with all of this. I want so badly to say no. But I'm a people pleaser and I have intense insecurity about my job. I'm always scared I'm on the verge of getting fired because of the economy. That's just my crazies. But I need to draw the line. They treated me like crap when I was preggo and they need to know that I can't just drop everything and come in now. I have an infant. To make matters worse my boss has an 8 month out, so he literally just went through this.

I just have a really hard time standing up for myself. And because of this I have this feeling that things are going to break soon.

And thank you ladies so much! I really appreciate that I can reach out to our community and hear positive, supportive things.
  • Keep your head up. One of the good things about working in the service industry is that as bad as one day can be, the next can be really great 

just make sure to stand up for yourself and your baby. 

• Oh girl. Hugs to you. I'm a people pleaser too and while I'm currently unemployed and dying to find work I totally know how hard it is I was working when my first was born. I also know how mom drama goes. She should have just given you a hug, not added her comment about not being able to deal. Gah life is just hard sometimes.

Stay strong mama.
  • I agree with PP. Take tomorrow off. Cuddle with H, watch some movies of something. Give your body a rest after a meltdown like that. Stay strong, mama!
    PhotobucketPhotobucket
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    I made rachelmichelle1 my bitch.
  • I'm sorry you're going through all that! And I'm sorry your mom could just give you a hug and say sorry you had a rough day! Hugs to you. Stay strong momma!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"