Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Ladies who had a D&C

What was your spotting/discharge like after your procedure?  Did you pass any tissue?

I opted for a D&C this time because the natural m/c I had the first time was pretty traumatic for me.  I knew I'd probably spot some, but I didn't want to see any tissue or major clots.  

I had my procedure on Tuesday morning and have had little to no spotting since then.  Yesterday I started spotting heavier and I attributed that to the fact that I had been doing a lot (running errands, playing around with DD, etc etc).  This morning in the shower I passed a large amount of tissue that I can only guess was the sac??  I have no idea, and while painless it was really shocking and startling for me to see.  I thought the whole point of the procedure was to get everything out at once.

I'm just so upset because I'm sitting here thinking, 'well why did I even bother with the D&C?'  Our insurance is less than stellar (we're getting bills now from the numerous u/s I had) so I know bills for the, now pointless, D&C aren't far behind.

Ugh.  What were your experiences? 

bumping from my phone. please pardon any typos and missing punctuation

Re: Ladies who had a D&C

• I had a D&C on may 5th and i didnt have any spotting for a few days or atleast very little. then about three days after i bled very heavy and had some clumps. i bleed for two weeks. but i did it because i couldn't naturally miscarry and i didnt want to wait and try because i was scared it would be more hurtful. but i dont think you should be passing the sac because they are supposed to remove everything when its done. i would call your doctor. it could possibly be just clumped blood that congealed inside of you. 

I am very sorry for your loss. 

BabyName Ticker Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • After I had mine, I just had light bleeding/spotting for about a week. Probably should check with your doctor, especially since it's a friday, you don't want to have to wonder all weekend.
    July 2015 Jan Siggy Challenge: Snow Fails/Funnies

BFP #5 11/15/14, Team Green EDD 7/22/15

BFP #4 4/30/13, baby girl born med-free Jan. 2014

BFP #3 9/24/12, Missed m/c at 9w1d (baby measured 8w5d)

BFP #2 9/23/10, healthy baby girl born med-free June 2011

BFP #1 5/21/10, Missed m/c at 10w4d (baby measured 8wks), D&C 6/29/10

"Life is like a camera, just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, just take another shot."

• Loading the player...
  • I had very light spotting the first 2 days after my D&C last week, and the past 3 days I have had CRAZY HEAVY bleeding. Not "soaking a pad in an hr" which is when I'm supposed to call. But, it's definetely heavier than a period. I pray that it goes away quickly so I can start to feel normal again. I'm sorry you are going through this, and this has been an awesome board to be a part of during my experience. Good luck, hun!

A little bit about me...

Married my awesome guy on 12/27/08

DD Lucy Rae born on 11/16/2010

Loss #1: November 29, 2012 at 8w1d

Loss #2: June 9, 2013 at 13w (Amelia Grace)

BFP #4: We are having a BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peter Matthew was born on July 16, 2014!!! Welcome to our family!

"If anyone asks me how many children I have, the answer is 4. Just two of them live in Heaven."

*All are welcome in my posts*

• imagecamdenfaithful:
    What was your spotting/discharge like after your procedure? nbsp;Did you pass any tissue?I opted for a Damp;C this time because the natural m/c I had the first time was pretty traumatic for me. nbsp;I knew I'd probably spot some, but I didn't want to see any tissue or major clots. nbsp;I had my procedure on Tuesday morning and have had little to no spotting since then. nbsp;Yesterday I started spotting heavier and I attributed that to the fact that I had been doing a lot running errands, playing around with DD, etc etc. nbsp;This morning in the shower I passed a large amount of tissue that I can only guess was the sac?? nbsp;I have no idea, and while painless it was really shocking and startling for me to see. nbsp;I thought the whole point of the procedure was to get everything out at once.I'm just so upset because I'm sitting here thinking, 'well why did I even bother with the Damp;C?' nbsp;Our insurance is less than stellar we're getting bills now from the numerous u/s I had so I know bills for the, now pointless, Damp;C aren't far behind.Ugh. nbsp;What were your experiences?nbsp;

Without writing a story... normal flow from day 1to6. Heavy flow with passing of clots and tissue from day 7 to 9. Normal flow for the next 7 weeks. At which point i passed a very large ball like piece of tissue. Light flow until week 10 then stopped complete.

I am not the nornal but it happens.

It is not uncommon to pass ckits or even tissue. A doctor doesnt always get it all and you have to remember that they scrape your uterus.

• My D&C was Nov. 28th.  I had light bleeding the first day, followed by a week of spotting.  My spotting has almost stopped now, but I did notice that it was heavier if I did anything active.

Me 36 with endometriosis, PCOS, fibroid and ovulation issues, DH 40
    TTC #1 since 04/12, BFP 10/12. Missed MC/D&C at 10 weeks 11/12
    TTC #2 since 12/12
    6 clomid cycles since 7/13, all BFN
    IUI #1 (2 b2b) with clomid and trigger shot on 1/20/2014 BFN
    IUI #2 with arimidex and trigger, B2B IUI's 2/24 and 2/25, BFN
    IUI #3 with menopur injections and trigger, IUI 3/23, BFN
    7 month break

Fibroid surgery 10/14

IVF cycle 1 beginning Nov. 1st...cancelled due to follicle issues.  On hold for Dec. due to holidays.

IVF cycle 1.2- Gonal F (100) as of 1/12

• It might have been a large blood clot, or tissue from the uterine lining. The blood could have pooled in there for a few days and then came out all at once. When I had my d&c last year I had something similar happen (but it was extremely painful) and the doctor later said that she wasn't surprised, "there was a lot of blood still in there" ... I thought to myself "Thanks a lot $%&%! Couldn't you have warned me ahead of time?!"

imageimage
    BFP with #1 (twins!) 11/18/2011 - missed m/c at 8weeks3days; d&c 1/19/2012; myomectomy to remove 18cm+,10cm & 5cm fibroids 4/2012; TTC again 7/2012; BFP #2 (twins) 11/13/2012; missed m/c at 7weeks;
    BFP #3: baby girl born 3/5/2014

Balaustine: an anthology about wanting family
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"