3rd Trimester

bad back pain

I have a LOT of back pain today, I took some tylenol about 15 minutes ago, hasn't helped much. I tried laying on my back on the floor to get the spasms to stop(I used to get back spasms even prepregnancy and that always worked), that just made my ribs hurt, and then I started to get a headache, so I got up.... anyone have any suggestions on what else I can do about this pain, it's really pretty bad.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: bad back pain

• I am having a lot of lower back pain and am using the ThermaCare patches/bands. They work great.  If you are able to sit still, try a heating pad. I also take a hot bath almost every single night. In other words, heat heat heat!  Just don't keep a heating pad against you while you're sleeping because that will get too hot.
    DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • Ice works better for me than heat.  I kept trying heat until my chiropractor told me my particular pain needs ice.  About 20 minutes does the trick for me.

• Loading the player...
  • imageHeartstrings13:
    Ice works better for me than heat.  I kept trying heat until my chiropractor told me my particular pain needs ice.  About 20 minutes does the trick for me.

This! And laying on my side. 

• If it doesn't get better call the dr. Could be ctx.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • might not be instant but taking a magnesium supplement might help, as low magnesium causes muscle spasms.

Or seeing a chiropractor

• Stretching and laying back on one of those giant exercise balls helps for me. I think you become so slumped over all day bc of the extra weight that any chance you can do little back bends or somehow stretch it the opposite direction can help.
  • imageBethbsn06:
    If it doesn't get better call the dr. Could be ctx.

what is ctx? 

also, I WISH I could see a chiropractor, my insurance doesn't cover it at all, I've seen one before because the office of my physical therapist had a chiropractor and they billed in in such a way as to bundle the two together, but now I can't go there anymore... 

• Most days lately I put some ice on my back while I'm sitting on the couch. Then before bed, I take a warm bath, followed by a massage courtesy of my husband. Doesn't make the pain go away, but it definitely helps!

Oh, and Tylenol, of course.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've had bad back pain periodically for the past several weeks. I try stretching and moving around until I find a comfortable position (standing, sitting, laying). What helps the most is when I can get dh to give me a massage / apply counterpressure.

p.s. I think ctx means contractions 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Heating pad followed by light massage if possible.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm investing in a heating pad tomorrow, I'm praying it helps, b/c my back litterally feels like it's on fire after 1/2 the day! Be-time supper comes around I just feel like crying!  My poor kids!  I just want this baby out so the pain will stop!  

Pregnancy Ticker image image image
  • mine actually started when I was only 3 months pregnant, and my doctor said it will only get worse, so I feel you sister... I'm 27 weeks now and have to drag myself to the bathroom every night because i'm completely locked.
  • I use ice packs that have been in the fridge for 20 minutes. That helps for a little while. My Dr. also said that getting on all fours and arching your back to alleviate some of the pain. Plus baby likes that position. It helps me but, still stinks because I can't get it to crack the way I used to. Hope your back feels better.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"