December 2012 Moms

our baby boy is here!

I was induced on Monday. They started the pitocin at 2PM. After walking around some and upping the pitocin drip, at 5 I was at 5 cm and I asked for the epidural. The nurse came in and said the anesthesiologist would be in in about 15 minutes and the doctor would be there after his office hours to possibly discuss breaking my water to "speed things along." After I got the epidural, I was still feeling a lot of pain in my pelvic region. She checked and said I was about 6.5cm and she would be calling the doctor to let him know a baby will be delivered soon.

15 minutes later, I was in a lot of pain and was definitely feeling the urge to push. I called the nurse in and she checked, and sure enough, I had gone from 6.5cm to 10cm in 15 minutes. She told me to just breathe through the contractions, don't push until the doctor got there. She also told me the anesthesiologist would come back to give me another dose of the epidural. He came in a few minutes later during a contraction, and told me "just don't have the baby with me in here."

45 minutes later, I was still in pretty agonizing pain, but the doctor was finally there. He asked if I needed more meds, and I nodded. After the 3rd dose of medication, I lifted my legs yeah, I could still move them and began to push.

20 minutes later at 7:29pm my baby boy was born. He weighed 7lbs, 13oz and was 21in long. The nicu doctors came in because he passed meconium while I was pushing, but everything was fine. Apgar score of 9/10.

I forgot how small newborns are after having my first. Little brother and big brother seem fascinated by each other.
And big brothers voice wakes up little brother just as it did in the womb.

Re: our baby boy is here!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"