Parenting

If you do WW PointsPlus...

What do you eat when you're hungry, but don't have many points available to spend?

Also, how do you distract yourself if you can't stop thinking about food and feeling hungry, even though you know damnn well you've eaten enough to not be hungry. 

This is my siggy. Love it.

Re: If you do WW PointsPlus...

• Steamed Broccoli with Salsa 

Carrot sticks /lite ranch

Scrambled eggs with salso 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Are you BFing, Venus? 

I would eat lots of 0 point fruits and veggies if I don't have many points left.

If I want to eat and that's all I can think about, I give myself 5 minutes.  If I'm still thinking about food, then I eat something.  Most of the time I forget, though.

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Loading the player...
  • Bananas with maybe just a smear of peanut butter on them.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageCinemaGoddess:

Are you BFing, Venus? 

I would eat lots of 0 point fruits and veggies if I don't have many points left.

If I want to eat and that's all I can think about, I give myself 5 minutes.  If I'm still thinking about food, then I eat something.  Most of the time I forget, though.

Yes, I'm BFing. They gave me 14 extra points a day for it, but that's the norm for just one baby and I'm actually feeding three, so I'm not too hard on myself if I go over as long as I'm truly hungry and it's a healthy choice. However, I'm a major emotional and/or bored eater, so I'm doing my best to know the difference between that and true hunger. 

• MMmmm. I'm loving all the salsa suggestions. I'm craving some really bad now. Thanks!

• I drink lots of water or hot tea, that usually helps with the craving, if that doesn't work, then I go for a little bit of hummus and raw veggies, baby carrots, and or celery sticks, and sometimes a hand full of grapes or an apple does the tricks. 
  • Dude.  Let yourself eat.  Seriously.  14 extra points a day is not enough. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Fruits are big for me when I don't have many points left to spend. An apple, banana, some strawberries, etc. If I'm really hungry and it's a while until my next meal, I'll add something that's a point or two but has fats, whole grains, proteins in it, i.e.

Some peanut butter or cheddar with an apple. 

String cheese with grapes

Pretzel thins or whole grain tortilla chips with salsa.

Sliced veggies with trader joes white bean hummus

If you mean a low point meal:

A big salad full of veggies and fruits with just some dressing for points.

Oatmeal, load it down with sliced bananas or cubed apples. 

Vegetable Stir fry (points only in the oil and any sauces you use)

When I find myself heading into the kitchen / looking for a snack when I'm not actually hungry, I :

Make myself drink a bottle of water first. 

Play a game on my iPod.

Allow myself a snack but only if I accomplish one of those small-but-annoying tasks that I'm always putting off first (balancing check book, going through mail, washing dishes, etc).

Go talk to someone, either in person or on the phone. 

Just go ahead and eat a 0 point snack. 

And since you're nursing 3, I'd say feel free to allow yourself more points, and remember that you have those weekly and activity points! Spend 'em! 

Also you might want to focus on the power foods (especially proteins and dairy) throughout the day so you don't find yourself with a shortage at the end of the day. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageeddy321:
    imageVenus04d:
    imageCinemaGoddess:

Are you BFing, Venus? 

Yes, I'm BFing. They gave me 14 extra points a day for it, but that's the norm for just one baby and I'm actually feeding three, so I'm not too hard on myself if I go over as long as I'm truly hungry and it's a healthy choice. However, I'm a major emotional and/or bored eater, so I'm doing my best to know the difference between that and true hunger. 

Whoa.  You are my new hero.

I'm just really lucky to have an insane milk supply. AshasaurusRex hooked me up with an adoptive mom of a 28 weeker that can't handle formula so I'm pumping for him in addition to nursing the girls. 

• I would eat a banana as well and then if I was still hungry I would drink a lot of water. If you're still hungry then maybe you'll have to look at what else you ate that day and see what's going on. I know I'd not feel full without protein, just couldn't do it. 

Also, I read somewhere that if you're hungry you'd consider eating an apple. If you wouldn't eat an apple then it's more out of boredom. Take it for what it's worth :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"