Breastfeeding

Lanolin

Which type do you prefer? I'm going between Medela and Lansinoh brands...

Daisypath - (2EEx)

Lilypie - (CszI)

Re: Lanolin

• Medela

Lansinoh is really thick and goopy. I
    It isn't easy to spread on sensitive nipples. I actually threw my tube away and bought the Medela kind.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Medela.  You many want to wait to buy any.  I bought some before delivery and then they gave me several tubes in the hospital, which turned out to be more than I needed.  A little dab is really all you need.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1 10 wk missed mc      

BFP#2 DS born at 40+2 on 8/14/12  BFP#3 DD Born at 39+3 on 5/13/14

• Loading the player...
  • I actually ditched the Lanolin with this baby for some Mother Love organic nipple cream. IMO...worked much better.
    DD #1 Amber Lynn 12/2000, DD #2 Leia Elizabeth 6/2009, DD#3 Aayla Ruth 08/2012. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I also ditched the lanolin and replaced it with pure coconut oil and this worked SO much better.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I used the Medela lanolin but after a while, my lo got so he hated the taste of it, and wouldn't latch with it on my nipples.  When this happened, I just expressed some breast milk after each feeding (only a few drops needed) and rubbed that on my nipples.  This actually seemed to work better than any lanolin or other cream for cracking and pain and dryness.  I would recommend this.

• The Medela stains terribly. I prefer the Lansinoh.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Before I had to get a prescription nipple ointment, I was using straight olive oil.  I had tried the medela lanolin and liked it well enough, but I was having serious nipple pain and redness, and my LC reminded me that lanolin is a wool product...and I have a known wool sensitivity.  Ooops.  Still having pain and soreness, but at least I know it isn't from a wool allergy now!

Just something to consider...if sweaters make you itchy, maybe try a non-lanolin product!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Love 06/2005 | Marriage 05/28/2011 | Baby! Peanut born on his due date, 9/30/12 Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"