Baby Names

Prune My GP List

You ladies (and gentleman!) have been so helpful in your comments on my names. Thank you for indulging me. My husband and sister are happier when I don't talk names with them constantly, so it's nice to have an outlet.

My girl list is a mile long and I'd like to start pruning it. These are some of my guilty pleasures and I'm wondering whether any of them are worth fighting for.

Please choose one name I should KEEP.  No "none of the above" ? I love them all but am interested in which ones other people find most/least palatable.

As always, comments welcome.

[Poll]

Re: Prune My GP List

• Only one I like from this is Clover.  The rest I either know someone with the name that I can't stand (Jerusha) and the others look too "out there".  Although I will say the only Clover I know is the pet rat I had a few years ago so it sounds more like a pet name to me, but I can see it being a cute girls name.

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

• Love Jerusha!  Philomena would be second place. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • They look like words to me.  Jerusalem, Euphoric, Oh no, and Philharmonic.  And Clover, which really is a word! 

I voted for Clover.  :-)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Clover is pretty. The rest aren't my style, sorry :(
    TTC since 2004, Ectopic 2005, lost right tube. Multiple miscarriages. Baby girl born June 2013.
  • I voted for Clover because I have a soft spot for nature names. I also like Philomena.
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Adore the name Clover! The rest are nms.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I voted for Clover, which is the only one I would use if I had to choose from there 4.  It's pretty, but MNS.

I know a girl who has the middle name Philomena and her family calls her Mena (May-nuh).

GL! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I actually think Colver is really cute.
  • I voted for Oona, but I don't mind any of them!
  • Plunderb, are you expecting again? I only pop in here occasionally these days.

Since we're name twins, my vote is to keep Philomena. That one is on our possible middle names list.

I really like Oona, too, but could never use it because of Anna/Oona. Too matchy!

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Clover, but only because you made me choose and I have no idea how to pronounce the rest...and would never be able to spell them if you asked me to.
    Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• imageanna7602:

Plunderb, are you expecting again? I only pop in here occasionally these days.

Since we're name twins, my vote is to keep Philomena. That one is on our possible middle names list.

I really like Oona, too, but could never use it because of Anna/Oona. Too matchy!

Not yet ? just started TTC. I hate the feeling of "Green light! Now just wait patiently, probably for a long time!" So I thought I'd channel my excitement into working on my name list. Hypothetical kid #2 will probably be our last, so I intend to wring every bit of enjoyment out of the naming.

I like Philomena a lot. There's actually a little Filomena in our neighborhood, but that wouldn't stop me.

• I voted for Philomena, I think it's pretty and classic.
  • imageplunderb:
    imageanna7602:

Plunderb, are you expecting again? I only pop in here occasionally these days.

Not yet ? just started TTC. I hate the feeling of "Green light! Now just wait patiently, probably for a long time!" So I thought I'd channel my excitement into working on my name list. Hypothetical kid #2 will probably be our last, so I intend to wring every bit of enjoyment out of the naming.

I like Philomena a lot. There's actually a little Filomena in our neighborhood, but that wouldn't stop me.

Hooray! We're TTC again, too. We would use the same boy name we've had in reserve, but girl names are hard even after 4.5 years of discussions! I've been looking at the same short list of girl names for so long that I simultaneously feel like any of them could be my daughter one day and that none of them are special enough.

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I picked Philomena, but I also like Oona!
  • I went with Euphemia.  It's my great grandmother's name, and I love it!

BFP #1 26May12 - EDD 27Jan13 - DX blighted ovum 12Jul12 - M/C 2Aug12 
    BFP #2 13Jan13 - EDD 22Sep13 - DD born 20Sep2013!
    BFP #3 23Jul15 - EDD 1Apr16 - 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"