Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

New Here

Hi Ladies,

I just wanted to introduce myself. My husband and I are currently TTC #1. He's 32, I'm 25. We've only been trying 3 months, I've been lurking and learning from you guys for awhile. I've started temping etc, and have gone though one round of blood work. I have not ovulated since having my Mirena removed. Next month probably starting Clomid---any advice??

Oh, I am also a labor and delivery nurse--which is great some days, and sucky others during this process. It helps to come here and know not everyone in the world is pregnant Smile

Re: New Here

• Options

Welcome lurky! Even though you've been here longer than me.....it's nice to say Hi! 

Anniversary
  • Options

Welcome and GL!

Ladies will probably have some good advice for you RE: starting Clomid right now.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't have any advice on Clomid, but welcome and good luck!

Anna Catherine 7/23/2012, 35 weeks 5 days, 5 lbs 5 oz (PProm)

Baby Sam 10/4/2013, 36 weeks 2 days, 5 lbs 14 oz

• Options
    Welcome! Hope your stay is short and sweet.
    imageimage
    BFP # 1- DS ~ TTC #2 since Jan. 2012 - BFP # 2 - "Baby Elsie" - Blighted Ovum - D&C August 22, 2012 at 7w3d, BFP # 3 - CP - December 30, 2012, BFP # 4 - CP - March 19, 2013 ~ First RE Appt. 4/24/13 Med cycle #1: 50mg Clomid and Trigger shot = BFN. Med. Cycle #2: 6 cysts found. No meds/rest cycle. Trying on our own = BFP # 5! Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 129 Beta #3 = 94 - CP - July 2, 2013. BFP # 6! Beta#1 = 21, Beta#2 =58 Beta#3 = 134. U/S shows heartbeat of 142 at 7w2d!
  • Options

That's what I thought too. I asked around work what the other docs think (not the practice I see), and they agree it would be appropriate if this months labs come back as not ovulating. I think progesterone could be used to regulate a cycle---but that still does not help ovulate.

I could be wrong. If anyone DOES know, any advice would be appreciated.

• Options

imageHenHen25:
    Welcome! Hope your stay is short and sweet.

Thanks! Me too!

• Options
    Welcome! Good luck to you!

Anniversary

• Options
    I don't have any advice RE: clomid but wanted to say welcome and good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Married in May 2012
    TTC since August 2012
    BFP 3.2.13 EDD 11.11.13
    My Blog
  • Options
    I did 3 cycles of clomid. The advise I have is to not get your hopes up of getting pregnant while on clomid. They tell you you have increased chance but only bc you will be ovulating. It's not the miracle baby pill. But after 3 rounds I am now and have been for 5 months on a regular cycle which gives me hope TTC. Good luck!
  • Options

imagestarrc622:
    I did 3 cycles of clomid. The advise I have is to not get your hopes up of getting pregnant while on clomid. They tell you you have increased chance but only bc you will be ovulating. It's not the miracle baby pill. But after 3 rounds I am now and have been for 5 months on a regular cycle which gives me hope TTC. Good luck!

Thanks for the advice! I am hopeful, but won't get my hopes up :)

• Options
    I have no experience with Clomid, but I just wanted to say welcome and GL !

BFP#1.11/2/12-EDD 7/16/13-M/C.11/6/12
    BFP#2 1/2/13 EDD 9/13/13 DS#2 8/19/13!

My Ovulation Chart || Ovulation Chart 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome and good luck!

I dont have any real advice with clomid,as it was given to me by my ob without any proper testing or monitoring. The side effects were terrible hot flashes, mood swings, ect... And I did not get pregnant. Worse, I feel like I have a cyst, and that is a possible side effect. If you end up doing the clomid way, make sure it was given correctly!
    TTC since March 2012 703641_497247786974599_1318392816_o 602828_513255402040504_2045604480_n
  • Options
    Welcome and good luck!
  • Options
    Welcome and good luck

• Options
    Welcome and best of luck! :)

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Options
    Welcome and good luck.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTGP March Siggy Challenge
  • Options
    Welcome and good luck!
    DD1 born 11.23.10
    DD2 born 4.16.14
  • Options
    Welcome, best of luck!

image  image
    Married: July 16,2011
    TTC since: July 2012
    Me: 29  CD3 blood work: All normal; Other blood work: Insulin levels high; HSG: All Clear
    DH: 34 SA: Count: Good (27 Mil); Poor motility (25%);Poor morphology (1%)
    DX: PCOS-IR and MFI
    BFP #1 10/9/13 / Beta #1 68 / Beta #2 162 / EDD: 6/19/14
    Jared Lee Born 6/28/14
  • Options
    Welcome! I am new here as well, so I have little advice to give. All I can say is I hope your stay here is short. 
    Anniversary

• Options
    no advice on clomid, but welcome and good luck!
    TTC #1 since April 2012 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Thanks for all the advice and welcome--I really appreciate it!
  • Options
    imageBrazilianPeach:

Welcome! Clomid should not be taken without fertility testing being done first. Testing needs to be done to test whether you have your tubes blocked, for example. They will need to test your husband to make sure his sperm levels are where they need to be. Even if you are not ovulating you need to make sure you don't have other issues that will prevent pregnancy. You can only take Clomid for 6 cycles in a lifetime so you don't want to waste it! Afterwards, as mentioned before, you need to be monitored to ensure that you are not overstimulating your ovaries or that your lining is where it needs to be.

I am hoping you are working with an RE that is doing all this. Otherwise run fast and far!! OBs seem to be giving Clomid like it's sugar pills these days.

Good luck and I hope your stay is short and sweet. 

All of this! I know it might not seem like you need all of that testing now being that you are in the beginning of the TTC process, but it is important to rule out other issues before starting clomid. 

*********************************************************************************

Married October 2009. Me 29 H 28.
    After 1 year of infertility, our little miracle was conceived via our 3rd IUI on May 5, 2013.
    Holland Sophia was born Jan 24, 2014.
  • Options
    imageMrsbtobe2012:
    nbsp;That's what I thought too. I asked around work what the other docs think not the practice I see, and they agree it would be appropriate if this months labs come back as not ovulating. I think progesterone could be used to regulate a cyclebut that still does not help ovulate. nbsp;I could be wrong. If anyone DOES know, any advice would be appreciated.

Whoa. Whoa. Whoa.

Where the crap are the other educated veterans?? And what's is up with the PR?

OP, listen carefully. Clomid is not something you take after only trying 3 months. It can take several months to regulate your cycles after BC. TTC can take up to 12 months and up until that point you shouldn't be taking fertility drugs, ESPECIALLY without constant monitoring! Like a PP said it can only be taken 6 times in a lifetime. It can thin your lining and isn't just some pill that creates babies. It has dangerous side effects, specifically OHSS. Take your own health in your hands and look it up. And when you do look it up, remember the names Kate and Jon gosselin. Prime example of why you should be monitored.
    Don't always just trust a doctor. OBs are for when you're pregnant. REs are for getting you pregnant. Lurk and learn and don't be quick to take clomid.

Me: 32 DH: 31.
    B/W: good. SA: good.
    November 2012: Paratubal cyst found during U/S.
    January 10, 2013: Lap removed paratubal cyst and Stage 2 Endometriosis. 
    3 cycles of Femara + TI = BFNs

June 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 37.5 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFN

July 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 75 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFP!!!!

Beta 1 @ 11 DPIUI = 76. Progesterone = 27.3

BFP 8/16/2013 // EDD 4/28/2014

Jordan Samuel born April 19, 2014. 6 lb, 12 oz and 18 inches long.

CLICK ME!!!11!!1111!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"