Parenting

Do you know what you are getting from DH?

Inspired by the peeking poll below.

I know what I want from DH, and in previous years I would have just bought it for myself already, but I know he's purchased something and told me not to look.  I'm not.  This is probably the first year I wouldn't seek it out, and by memory the first gift in over five years that I didn't know in advance.

Stay at home mom to a house of boys: two amazing stepsons, 12 and 9, and our 4 year old.

Re: Do you know what you are getting from DH?

• Sort of.  He asks what I'd like.  He also gets me other things. 
  • imagesofamonkey:
    Sort of.  He asks what I'd like.  He also gets me other things. 

this 

• Loading the player...
  • we're not exchanging gifts - we actually managed to convince the family to only buy for the kids this year! It is going to make life much easier :)

• I like to be surprised, so I intentionally dont snoop or allow him to give me any hints.
    This year we are aiming for a simpler, lowkey, purposeful Christmas, so I know that my gifts will be on a smaller scale. I'm aok with that. Last year we had a lot of things under the tree, but it wasnt very meaningful. I want my kids to grow up with better than that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers natural miscarriages- 12/18/07 & 2/18/13 (AKA:KRISTA555)
  • Most likely nothing.  We are buying a new couch & counting that as our gift to each other.

• yes. he got me a mother's ring, but then told me to put it on when it arrived a few weeks ago. He then got me a kindle fire, which he gave to me to set up and register before he wrapped it, since I will have a new baby and will want to be ready to go out of the box. if he's done anything else (besides a cover and other kindle accessories) I am not aware, but I would hope he was done. :) I got him a combo bday/xmas present in the form of a 50 in TV, and then got him a PS3 game to go under the tree and chocolate for his stocking.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • yea, I already got it, a vacuum! lol and I LOVE IT.

we also do stocking stuffers so I have no clue what will be in there though. I'm hoping a case of wine. LOL

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yep. Nothing! It's the same thing he is getting:)
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1e/60/2a/1e602a4261a90b9c761ebe748b780318.jpg    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/47/2c/07/472c076006afed606241716dd0db828a.jpg 
  • I gave him a list at his request.  I am sure I will get a few things off of that list.  I am way more excited about his gift.  I am one of those crazy people who seriously would rather give then recieve.   Unless we are talking oral sex.  Then I am a selfish biitch.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Probably nothing. Money's tight this year.

"Man, be creative. Like the stuff you do. Do nice things. Love respectfully. Laugh a fucking lot. Curse when you feel like it. Life is cool." - Jean Grae

image image
    M (3/9/02) and E (2/28/12)

• I really wanted an elliptical (but didn't want him to spend the $) and he mentioned it to one of his vendor reps at lunch the other day. 

Guess who is getting a three year old machine which has been collecting dust at the rep's house, woo-hoo!

imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagetwatley:
    No. But I really, really, really hope some fun. tickets are under my tree.

I saw them last month.  They put on awesome show.  The only problem is I felt incredibly old.  DH and I were the oldest people there by far. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DH wants a new iPad, I may also get him the new Iphone 5, as he need more storage on the Iphone 4 he has. 
  • *crosses fingers that your DH will give you a new personality for christmas
  • He made me pay for my own cookie sheets on Sunday and he won't let me use them for baking. Hopefully I dont have to wrap them.

I usually figure stuff out but I never intentionally snoop.
  • Here's what I have written down for DW's gift. Ideas welcome.

Step 1: Cut a hole in a box

Step 2: ?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • imageAshPal61:
    imageLuckyDad:

Here's what I have written down for DW's gift. Ideas welcome.

I think I just died.

Very well played.

I'm glad. I was unsure if this reference is dated, or has become a sort of enduring Holiday classic.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • I've told him not to give me anything.  He gave me a pretty hefty anniversary/birthday gift this year so he's off the hook for all other holidays. 

• I'm getting a Keurig, but probably not until after Christmas, because we've spent way too much money on the kids' presents.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • He's asked a few questions about what I would like, and so have I :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image Mom to 4, pregnant with 2
  • Most of the years we have not exchange presents to each other just the kids.  But the last 2 years we have.   2 Christmas ago was the first time and we actually wrote a small list of 3 things we each wanted and so I gave it to him and he got all 3 things (thinking he would just pick out 1) so that was a surprise.  Last year I told him I was not going to make up a list to just surprise me and he did surprise me with things I would not have written down like a sexy thong to wear to bed(would never thought of that) skinny jeans(another item not on my list) and a pedicure (did enjoy this) so this year I will make certain there is a list.
  • He got me a refurbished MacBook since mine was older and out of memory. :)

imageimage

imageimage

image  image

• imageLuckyDad:

Here's what I have written down for DW's gift. Ideas welcome.

Yes

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"