December 2012 Moms

Red Raspberry Leaf Tea

Has anyone tried this before? Is it good? Did it work?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Red Raspberry Leaf Tea

• It won't do you any good to start drinking it at this point in your pregnancy.
  • Really? Sad Dang it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah, you have to drink it for weeks/months. It doesn't send you into labor, but helps your uterus contract more efficiently when you go into labor on your own.
  • My midwife suggested trying it yesterday (at 37wks) to induce labor and the reading I've done is that you shouldn't even try it until you get permission from your physician or midwife because of potentially how effective it can be. Can't hurt to try!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageFML8608:
    My midwife suggested trying it yesterday (at 37wks) to induce labor and the reading I've done is that you shouldn't even try it until you get permission from your physician or midwife because of potentially how effective it can be. Can't hurt to try!

That's kind of a crock of crap. I've been drinking it since 1st tri. I take the capsules now and have been since 33 weeks. It's fine to take. It will not induce labor.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • It tastes pretty good actually. I read to start it in first tri, but I didn't. I started it a few weeks ago, hoping it helps but if not at least I enjoy the taste! :)
  • My mother in law suggested this to me and said it will help out with contractions and to make labor smoother. Is it the same as red raspberry tea? I was going to start drinking it this week myself as she suggested.
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagemconklin84:
    My mother in law suggested this to me and said it will help out with contractions and to make labor smoother. Is it the same as red raspberry tea? I was going to start drinking it this week myself as she suggested.

No, not the same.  It's red raspberry LEAF, and should not be very tasty.  And yeah, I've been taking it in massive quantities since 12 weeks pregnant.  I don't know that you'll get much benefit out of it now.  It's not a labor inducer.  It's a uterine toner...helps strengthen and tone your uterus.  So it'd be like doing bicep curls to prepare for a big lifting competition...but doing them the week before the event instead of every day for weeks and months before.  No, it won't hurt.  But I wouldn't count on it helping much either.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My MW is hoping to have me avoid an induction and suggested I start taking it as of last week. IDK if it will do anything, but mentally, I'm doing something to get things going, and I feel good about that. I bought some Earth Mama Angel Baby Third Trimester tea and its really nice to sip on.

Anniversary g

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageNana_Osaki06:

imageFML8608:
    My midwife suggested trying it yesterday (at 37wks) to induce labor and the reading I've done is that you shouldn't even try it until you get permission from your physician or midwife because of potentially how effective it can be. Can't hurt to try!

That's kind of a crock of crap. I've been drinking it since 1st tri. I take the capsules now and have been since 33 weeks. It's fine to take. It will not induce labor.

Definitely won't induce labor.  Though there is disagreement as to when you should start drinking it.  Some women drink it their entire pregnancy as pp has done.  Some wait for the 3 tri.  The argument being that while it won't induce labor it may be harder to stop labor if you go prematurely.  I started at I think 33w.

OP: It tastes like regular old black tea to me, I make mine iced because I drink more of it that way.  I drank it last time and while I still did not have a quick labor (17.5 hours), I think it really helped my ute to return to pre-pregnancy size quickly.  My postpartum nurse came to check me before I left the hospital and she commented that she couldn't believe I had just had a baby because my ute was shrinking so quickly.  I guess she should know!   It might be too late for you to start, but by the same token it couldn't hurt, particularly if you go past your EDD. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"