Baby Names

Sibset opinions please

DH and I really like Samuel if this LO is another boy, but after thinking on it for a bit (as in, wow what a nice combination, Eli and Samuel!) I realized, OH yeh. ETA: The story of Eli and Samuel in the bible.

So what do you think, way too Biblical? I think for a big brother little brother combo it might be a bit much.

PCOS Dx 12.08 / BFP! 4.22.10 DS1 born 1.4.11 DS2 born 6.19.13
Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Sibset opinions please

• the biblical thing wouldn't effect my decision! love the names!
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Love: March 2010  Marriage: July 2013  Debt Free: October 2014  TTC: April 2015
     BFP: April 10, 2016 EDD: December 19, 2016 Team Blue!
    Oscar born November 20, 2016 at 35w6d

• I think it's fine, I really like both names. They are solid names that will age well with your little ones.
  • Loading the player...
  • Well, if you know the Biblical account of Eli and Samuel that might be a little weird, but its not like Adam and Eve or anything. NBD, really.

Edit mobile bump doesn't like the and sign
  • I dont know that anyone would really think much of it...nice name though :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think they sound great together! My DH and his brothers are Matthew, Mark and John haha
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I like them both too and wouldn't immediately think biblical
  • imageCMSAV:
    Well, if you know the Biblical account of Eli and Samuel that might be a little weird, but its not like Adam and Eve or anything. NBD, really. Edit mobile bump doesn't like the and sign

lol, that was my worry! These responses are reassuring though, I think Samuel is still our front runner. :)

PCOS Dx 12.08 / BFP! 4.22.10 DS1 born 1.4.11 DS2 born 6.19.13
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I don't think it's too biblical at all!  I love the names.  Samuel is my choice if #2 is a boy.

Anna Catherine 7/23/2012, 35 weeks 5 days, 5 lbs 5 oz (PProm)

Baby Sam 10/4/2013, 36 weeks 2 days, 5 lbs 14 oz

• I don't know the story. they look good to me.
  • I do automatically think Biblical, but I don't see that as a bad thing. I say go for it if it's your top choice. :)
  • Eli is already SOOOO biblical that I don't think it changes much to add Samuel to the mix.  I really like both names and think they go well together!
    Nothing is more discouraging than unappreciated sarcasm. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"