Baby Names

In case you're bored

https://svy.mk/XjA5E6

You can vote on the name of the baby elephant that was just born at the Oregon zoo! Smile

• Jaidee (Thai for ?good-hearted?) [pronounced JI-dee]
  • Sirikit (name for Thai royalty, the literal meaning is ?glorious?) [pronounced sear-ree-keet]
  • Rakhi (Sanskrit for ?love/bond between siblings?) [pronounced Rah-kee]
  • Lily (following the flower theme of mom?s name, Rose-Tu, or Rose for short)
  • Siddhi (Sanskrit for ?perfection?; wife of Ganesha) [pronounced sid-Hee]

Re: In case you're bored

• What is with the names they pick out for elephants at the zoo? Lily and Jaidee are ones that everyone for the most part can say correctly. But if you look at the rest of the names and a lot of elephant names at other zoos, they have these crazy names that you just look at and think "how the heck do you even pronounce that name? Hey kids, lets go see Mah ha....Ma ha leekah....May huh leekuh......Fudge it!!!! Lets go see the elephant...."
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Oh and for the record that is the zoo in my area. At least RoseTu and Packy you can pronounce. I voted Lily, because at least my kid will eventually be able to say "Lily".
  • Loading the player...
  • imageElsa1984:
    Oh and for the record that is the zoo in my area. At least RoseTu and Packy you can pronounce. I voted Lily, because at least my kid will eventually be able to say "Lily".

There are 2 other zoos in my area that have WEIRD elephant names.

Watoto (the others at this zoo are Bamboo and Chai)

Hanako (who's parents are Thonglaw and Tuy Hoa) and Suki.

• Exactly. I kind of think the Lily to continue the flower thing because her mom is RoseTu is dumb? "Lily" was the best "flower name" they could think of? Maybe they should have consulted this board first and then we could have suggested:

Daisy
    Violet
    Jasmine
    Poppy
    Lilac
    Heather
    Acacia
    Azalea
    Blossom
    Petunia
    Clover
    Dahlia
    Fern
    Gardenia
  • imageElsa1984:
    Exactly. I kind of think the Lily to continue the flower thing because her mom is RoseTu is dumb? "Lily" was the best "flower name" they could think of? Maybe they should have consulted this board first and then we could have suggested: Daisy Violet Jasmine Poppy Lilac Heather Acacia Azalea Blossom Petunia Clover Dahlia Fern Gardenia

Yeah, I wanted to vote for the flower theme, but I just couldn't bring myself to vote for Lily. 

Definitely would've chosen Dahlia.

• I voted for Lily since the mother's name is Rose (for short).
  • So precious! Voted for Jaidee at the suggestion of my dad, who also enjoys baby elephants :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"