March 2013 Moms

Weight Gain

So i've gain 20lbs so far during my pregnancy. Am i eating too much. I only have two meals a day. My eating habbits hasnt change much. What has your weight gain been thus far?? because i feel really huge :-s
Happy to be a mom :)

Re: Weight Gain

• How far along are you?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm 25 weeks 26 on tuesday and I've gained about 2025 pounds so far. Some of the weight could be water weight! Are your feet/hands swollen?
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm 24 weeks and so far I've gained around 20 lbs. Every woman is different and as long as your OB/MW isn't worried, then relax. 
    BabyFetus Ticker image Anniversary FuzziBunz at Nurtured Family
  • On Thursday was my 25 weeks and I gained 20 pounds . I was really surprised how much and 11 was in the past 5 weeks!
  • 26 weeks and 19 pounds.... Your fine where you are. Remember guy can't pay attention to the weight posts.... Some people are only suppose to gain 20 because they are heavier to begin with. If you were a normal weight prior to pregnancy then 2535 is where you will land. I'm right on track to where I was last pregnancy and ended at 35 lbs and my Drs never said I thing. I lost 25 of it by 2 weeks PP
  • i'm about 23 and a half weeks, and gained about 12 pounds.  i was slightly overweight to begin with at 160.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I am almost 26 weeks and have gained about 12 LBS but if your OB isn't concerned than I wouldn't be either :)
  • 27 weeks and 23-25 lbs so far. My doctor believes the majority of my weight gain has to do with high water  retention-we'll see. it may also be muscle, since i'm continuing to work out while i'm pregnant, and still doing pull ups/pushups with extra weight.
    BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • I would be less concerned about the 20lbs and focus more on only eating 2 meals. I know when there is that much time between meals I am more likely to make poor choices. Also, your body could be feeling deprived and hang on to everything. Try eating the same amount of food, spread throughout the day. As long as you are making mostly healthy choices you should be good!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm actually the opposite, I'm struggling to gain weight. I've only gained 5lbs and my drrs not happy. At my last weigh in I had lost a pound. :(
    Alexander 03/13/2008 Jace 03/20/2013 

• I have put on 14 pounds.  I had severe morning sickness until 22 weeks and have regained my appetite in the past month.  I eat 5 smaller meals a day.  I keeps me feeling full without getting too hungry or too full.  I have also not had the heartburn that I had with my first pregnancy.
  • At my 24 week appt I had gained 17 pounds and the doctor seemed happy. I started gaining weight at week 8 and have gained almost exactly a pound a week since then.  I think everyone is different and like someone else said it depends what your weight was that you started out at. I was a little concerned about how much weight I had gained, but after everything I have read I am expecting to probable gain about 35 pounds.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • you are only eating two meals a day?  That doesn't sound healthy.  I've gained 12 pounds, I eat breakfast (usually a soy milk smoothie with frozen berries and flax seed meal), then a snack mid morning, then lunch (usually salad with grilled chicken and cheese for extra calcium and protein), then a snack in the afternoon then dinner.  Usually I snack on raw almonds, baby carrots, or fruit.  Sometimes I'll have dark chocolate too. If I didn't eat so many snacks I'd be starving.  I couldn't eat only two meals per day.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am 25 weeks and so far I've gained seven pounds. I was worried that I wasn't gaining enough weight, but I met with a nutritionist at my last prenatal appointment and she said I'm right on track and should end up gaining about 17 pounds total. She also said since my BMI was a little high to begin with, I don't need to gain as much weight. 
  • Yeah the two meals a day thing is a bad idea.... Your screwing up your metabolism big time which will out your body in starvation mode and you'll have a really hard time dropping the weight after..... Believe me my sister in law is a nutritionist and my husband is a personal trainer :. You should be eating every 23 hrs
  • 27 weeks and have gained 17 pounds, not much different than you. I'm supposed to gain a lb a week, I seem to gain 2. The hell with it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagemcooper014:
    you are only eating two meals a day? nbsp;That doesn't sound healthy. nbsp;I've gained 12 pounds, I eat breakfast usually a soy milk smoothie with frozen berries and flax seed meal, then a snack mid morning, then lunch usually salad with grilled chicken and cheese for extra calcium and protein, then a snack in the afternoon then dinner. nbsp;Usually I snack on raw almonds, baby carrots, or fruit. nbsp;Sometimes I'll have dark chocolate too. If I didn't eat so many snacks I'd be starving. nbsp;I couldn't eat only two meals per day.

I might steal this meal plan, I love it!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageAbeja1226:
    imagemcooper014:
    you are only eating two meals a day? nbsp;That doesn't sound healthy. nbsp;I've gained 12 pounds, I eat breakfast usually a soy milk smoothie with frozen berries and flax seed meal, then a snack mid morning, then lunch usually salad with grilled chicken and cheese for extra calcium and protein, then a snack in the afternoon then dinner. nbsp;Usually I snack on raw almonds, baby carrots, or fruit. nbsp;Sometimes I'll have dark chocolate too. If I didn't eat so many snacks I'd be starving. nbsp;I couldn't eat only two meals per day.

I might steal this meal plan, I love it!

Go for it! I also snack on those babybel light cheeses, they are the ones that are wrapped in red wax. I usually eat whatever I want for dinner but try to include protein and veggies. I eat pizza and chocolate gelato at least once a week, it's my one weakness
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks so much ladies. I feel so much better now that a few of us are on the same track. Im 24 almost 25 weeks. My OBGYN isnt worried 1 bit, but i am/was. Im only 5Feet & was 160ish lbs before getting pregnant. I'll try to eat more. small meals and snacks.  this was difficult for me to before also. Hopefully my 3rd tri would be much better & healther for me & baby.  
    Happy to be a mom :)
  • I had lost a total of 9lbs at my weigh in 4 weeks ago and then yesterday had found out I gained 6 of that back. 6lbs in 4 weeks seems like a lot but my doctor didn't seem worried.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • 18 to 20 pounds here... 24 weeks.

DS1 -6/25/11

DS2 -3/23/13

Missed MC D&C 8/26/14

DD - 8/26/15

LO#4 due 5/30/17

• imageCougFan:
    I would be less concerned about the 20lbs and focus more on only eating 2 meals. I know when there is that much time between meals I am more likely to make poor choices. Also, your body could be feeling deprived and hang on to everything. Try eating the same amount of food, spread throughout the day. As long as you are making mostly healthy choices you should be good!

This exactly, I totally agree. My doctor told me to eat lots of little meals, and so far that has been working great for me. I tend to pack in fruits and veggies when I'm not particularly hungry just so that I'm sure to get enough of the good stuff. That way I'm less likely to gorge myself on pizza and cheese fries too!

I also keep a glass of ice water with me at all times, because I actually feel more bloated and yucky when I don't drink enough. Kind of gross, but you should be drinking enough to have clear pee.

As far as your weight gain though, it doesn't sound like anything to worry about. My doctor told me at my last appointment that the weight doesn't always go on evenly like you would think. Some weeks you might gain a bunch of weight, but the next week hardly anything with the exact same diet.

BabyFruit Ticker Follow my baby story at: http://www.nycitified.blogspot.com/
  • I have been worrying about my weight as well, but after reading everyone's post. It seems I'm right there with most of you all. I'm 26 weeks and have gained 20-25 lbs.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • 18 pounds @ 24 weeks
    Baby Slings at Nurtured Family BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • 13 pounds at 23 weeks...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"