Trying to Get Pregnant

Newbie TTC - period 3 days late & 2 negative tests!

Hi everyone!!!  I just wanted to say Hi and official introduce myself.

My name is Lisa and my DH and I are TTC our first baby. My birthday was in November and he got me a book about being pregnant, some receiving blankets & pregnancy tests to officially inform me that he is finally ready. I wanted to cry since because it was the BEST birthday present I ever received.

Since then I should have ovulated and now here I sit 3 days since AF should have shown up and 2 negative tests (1 before 3 days before the missing AF was to arrive & one today). I hate waiting (as I'm sure you're ALL familiar with!)

Now, if he can only get me a positive pregnancy test for Christmas! Wink

-Lis

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Newbie TTC - period 3 days late & 2 negative tests!

• If you don't know for sure when you ovulated you won't know if you are actually "late". You could have just ovulated late.

Check out the newbie link. There is lots of info that will help you out. 

Welcome, and good luck.

image Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Welcome and good luck to you
  • Loading the player...
  • What PP said.

Welcome and good luck!

• Welcome! I'm a newbie here too! 

• You could have ovulated later than you thought. Keep testing until it's positive, AF arrives, or you hit 60 days.

Def check out the newbie link (it's very helpful). FX for a Xmas BFP!

Team Green turned Pink!
    Samantha - 4/5/2017

• Welcome!

Have you been charting your BBT? Assuming you are not pregnant now, it might be good to start. That is the only way you'll know for sure that you ovulated, and know when AF is really due.

I know that in the two cycles I've been TTC, my body has been trying its damnedest to mess with me. Having PMS symptoms I've never had before, and my last cycle was a couple days longer than usual and cramps were the worst. It is so not cool.

Good luck!
  • imageemwoodward8:

Welcome! I'm a newbie here too! 

Welcome, and me three :) 

TTC #1 since Dec 2012 Anniversary
  • Cycles are very rarely like clockwork, so being two days past your expected period arriving isn't really late, as PP have said you just likely ovulated later than usual. Most of us here a quite familiar with cycles that aren't completely predictable and variable O and AF dates, being a few days shorter or longer than expected is very normal. You will get to know these trends if you start charting and figuring out when you actually O.

At any rate, keep testing until you either get a + or AF, or hit 60 days without a period at which point go see your doctor. Best of luck!

ETA I thought your bday gift was very sweet! 

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Welcome and good luck!

image  image
    Married: July 16,2011
    TTC since: July 2012
    Me: 29  CD3 blood work: All normal; Other blood work: Insulin levels high; HSG: All Clear
    DH: 34 SA: Count: Good (27 Mil); Poor motility (25%);Poor morphology (1%)
    DX: PCOS-IR and MFI
    BFP #1 10/9/13 / Beta #1 68 / Beta #2 162 / EDD: 6/19/14
    Jared Lee Born 6/28/14
  • Welcome! Just wanted to say that I know exactly how you feel... I am also waiting on AF that I thought would've shown on Friday, and so far it has not. I didn't temp this month and have gotten several BFNs so far, so I am chalking it up to late O and probably a delayed period. I know it's the worst feelimg in the world when you don't know what's going on, but that's why temping is so beneficial. Everything these ladies have said is wise.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageColeRose:

Welcome & good luck. Here is the newbie link someone mentioned, I would check it out: https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/42877040.aspx

You didn't mention in your intro how you know you are late? Unless you are temping, you won't know when/if you ovulated. My guess is you ovulated late so your period is going to show up late, or it is too early to test. Check out fertility friend, it is a great resource for all things charting. A lot of ladies have a link to FF in their siggy.

cole is very wise

OP welcome & GL to you  

hitched 5/2009 -- Me 34, DH 39

TTC #1:
    dx with POCS 7/2009
    TTC on & off since 1/2012
    September 2012; Surprise BFP - MC
    June - December 2013; Clomid/Femara + Trigger + TI = BFN x 4
    April - May 2016; Femara + TI = BFN x 2
    July 2016 - December 2016; Gonal-F + Ovidren + IUI = BFN x 3
    May 2018 - IVF #1; 8 snowbabies. transferred 1 embryo - CP
    August 2018 - FET #1 -- Healthy Baby Boy  <3

TTC #2:
    July 2020 FET; beta 1 310, beta 2 1278

• imagemadasm0530:
    imageColeRose:

Welcome & good luck. Here is the newbie link someone mentioned, I would check it out: https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/42877040.aspx

You didn't mention in your intro how you know you are late? Unless you are temping, you won't know when/if you ovulated. My guess is you ovulated late so your period is going to show up late, or it is too early to test. Check out fertility friend, it is a great resource for all things charting. A lot of ladies have a link to FF in their siggy.

cole is very wise

OP welcome & GL to you  

Madasm, your new siggy is cracking me up!

imageimageimage

Trying to get knocked up since June 2012 ~ Dx: PCOS

BFP 7.24.13 ~ EDD 4.2.14 ~ m/c  9.16.13 @ 11w4d

BFP 5.4.14 ~ EDD 1.12.15 ~ stick little bean!

TTGP 2013 Best Blog ~ Fruit ~ My BFP Chart 

• Hi, and welcome...

I feel your pain hun, I was 5 days late this cycle, but definitely not pregnant. That's why its so important to chart...and temp. I am not going to temp this month, because my cycle is still pretty messed up (just went off BCP 2 months ago) so will wait till I can see a pattern and then get serious about temping and charting.

As the PP have said, read the newby link (it helps loads) and good luck... 

• Welcome!
    Off BCP since 1/12
    TTC since 3/12
    High LH/FSH Ratio 8/12
    DX with PCOS 11/12
    Clomid 50mg - 19.5mm Follie - Trigger + TI = BFP! 11/12
    EDD August 11, 2013 
    DS Born August 14, 2013!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board