March 2013 Moms

What is your uterus measuring?

I went to the doctor today for my 24 week check-up and when he measured my uterus he said to prepare ourselves for a big baby! At 20 weeks I measured 19" and today, at 24 weeks, I measured 27". I'm nervous that he is going to be a 10lb + baby Indifferent

What are you measuring??

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: What is your uterus measuring?

• I went to my doctor Friday and she said you are measuring very high and big and I want you to go get a growth scan. She did not give me numbers, but yes now I am scared of pushing a huge baby out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Do you mean the fundal height?  

I measured 24 at 26 weeks.  My doctor said that the number of weeks you are +/- 2 is normal.  

I wouldn't start worrying yet.  There is still a lot of time left in your pregnancy.  If the doc is concerned about the baby's size, they will probably schedule another u/s. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers   
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • imagebenmel31:

Do you mean the fundal height?  

I measured 24 at 26 weeks.  My doctor said that the number of weeks you are +/- 2 is normal.  

I wouldn't start worrying yet.  There is still a lot of time left in your pregnancy.  If the doc is concerned about the baby's size, they will probably schedule another u/s. 

Yes that is it, sorry he never said the term in the office so I didn't know what to call it. So I'm a little over the +2 but he didn't seem concerned, he just said that I'm measuring above average right now. Thank you for explaining :)

• I have no idea, I never asked for the numbers but she said I was measuring "on track" which like pp said, I'm assuming is within a couple weeks. 

Fundal measurements aren't super accurate (or telling), especially early on. With my first I was consistently  measuring big so I did eventually  have a growth scan at 36w which showed a slightly larger than average baby, but mostly  just extra amniotic fluid (DS was 8 lbs. 1 oz. 3 days late FWIW).

• My doctor didn't tell me how many inches it was but he said I was right on track.  I didn't think to ask him how much that was. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My doctor doesnt measure for multiples but she measures me for fun. At 20 weeks I measured at 28 weeks! I'll be 23 at my wednesday appt and I feel like I've tripled in size so we'll see!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageMrsWindyCity:

I have no idea, I never asked for the numbers but she said I was measuring "on track" which like pp said, I'm assuming is within a couple weeks. 

Fundal measurements aren't super accurate (or telling), especially early on. With my first I was consistently  measuring big so I did eventually  have a growth scan at 36w which showed a slightly larger than average baby, but mostly  just extra amniotic fluid (DS was 8 lbs. 1 oz. 3 days late FWIW).

I hope mine is just extra fluid also, last ultra sound she did say I have a lot of it. 

• I don't know that fundal height tells you all that much about baby's size...my last appt was my A/S, and when she measured my fundal height, I was +1, but the approx. weight of baby from the ultrasound was only in the 23rd percentile.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• I don't know, I feel huge.  Had an u/s 2 weeks ago, and LO is on track.... 55 percentile.
    *** DS born February 21, 2013 - Toronto, Canada  ***
    imageimage
  • I'm actually measuring small...at my last appointment I was just 23 weeks but measuring 20. Dr was pretty sure the baby was curled up in a ball like usual though.
    Alexander 03/13/2008 Jace 03/20/2013 

• I was 22 and a few days when she measured and I measured 22.
  • I measured 28 weeks today, so 3 weeks ahead. I have to have a growth ultrasound next week. I measured ahead during my last pregnancy. My daughter was 8lbs 9 oz.

• I've never had mine checked.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Had mine measured last Wednesday at 24w5d, I was 28".  However, I have a whole bunch of fibroids that up the measurement.
    Dec 2016 BMB August Siggy Challenge: Awkward Back to School Photos

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Thanks for the info ladies! I think he is saying that we are going to have a big one because I was 8 lbs when born and my husband was over 10 lbs. So I think he is going off of genetics with the weight and the other measurments. I'm sure he will want to do another ultrasound later on to see just how big our LO is.

• I measured 1.5 weeks ahead this morning.  I consistently measured 1.5- 2 weeks ahead with my first.  My first was 12 days early and 10 lbs 1 oz.  They are speculating this one will be around 9- 9.5 lbs.   I grow big babies :)
  • At 26 weeks I was measuring 27.  We'll see how this progresses!  I wouldn't be surprised if I have a big baby.  DH was 10 lbs...

Married to SAJ since 8/6/11
    BFP #1: 1/23/12 mc: 2/19/12
    BFP #2: 6/20/12 
    Oliver Stephen born 3/7/13 :)
    BFP #3: 10/22/13

• I am almost 25 weeks and I am measuring 24. My doc said that was perfectly normal. When we did the anatomy scan, the tech said that the baby was in the 50th percentile for size. I am trying not to go crazy with eating too much crap because I am afraid she will be a big baby.

This is my first baby and I am petrified to give birth, more so than raising the LO. 

• I'm 24.5 weeks and today at my appt I was measuring 24.5cm today.  I measured I think 1 or 2cm ahead last time.
    BFP - 9/18/11 ----- m/c 9/23/11
    BFP - 7/16/12 ----- EDD 3/27/13  ----- Born 4/5/13
    BFP - 5/27/14 ----- EDD 1/31/14 or 2/4/15

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"