Babies: 6 - 9 Months

c-section scar

My baby just turned 6 months old and my c-section scar and the area right around it is still tender to the touch. I was just curious if you had a c-section, if it was still tender to the touch or when the soreness is supposed to go away?

Re: c-section scar

• My scar (and the area around it) is more numb than tender. 
    After 15 cycles and 3 rounds of clomid (50mg) we got our BFP.

Lots of luck to my Golden Girls
  • Mine is not tender except when DD kicks or steps on it.
    DS born 8/8/09 and DD born 6/12/12.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have no pain at all at or around my scar.  Occasionally I will get what feels like muscle pain but thats really only after I have been working out my abdominals and then I feel soreness.  I had a very easy recovery so Im not sure if I am the best judge of what is normal.
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• imagepurplehydrangea:
    My scar (and the area around it) is more numb than tender. 

This for me too. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageemberlee3:
    Mine is not tender except when DD kicks or steps on it.

This. 

• Mine randomly gets tender too.  I also have numbness.

• I wouldn't say mine is painful to touch, more..."icky".  I dont know how to describe it any better than that :P
  • BRBR member

imagerubber_chicken:
    I wouldn't say mine is painful to touch, more..."icky".  I dont know how to describe it any better than that :P

I know what you mean.  I wouldn't say it is painful, but I don't like that area to be touched.  It's still numb also and feels weird, but it's not pain.

• Mine is not tender in terms of pain.  It is slightly numb close to the incision.  I have read you can have tenderness as long as a year while you're healing. 

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • mine stopped hurting regularly about 3 months ago, (baby is 6 and 1/2 months old now) but things like my belt too tight, or leaning against the crib right there will make it hurt. and some times it will kinda ache on its own.

there are a lot of things that people say get better in a few months, but for FULL healing you normally want to give your body a good year. when i got my septum pierced (nose) i had taken the ring out for a job, two years AFTER getting the piercing, and the hole closed up within 2-3 days. so each body is different, and each body heals at a different rate. my OB/GYN told me to wait at least 2 years before having another kid to let my body fully heal from being pregnant and having a c section. plus i needed a T-cut since my lil Lux's head was too big for the standard cut on my uterus.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have days when the area around my scar is tender or sore but it isn't something that bothers me a lot. I just figured being my second C-section that it is going to be something I will deal with.
  • My scar is pretty numb as well but then sometimes I get an itchy feeling and when I try to scratch it it's really a weird sensation, hard to explain.
  • imageBR:

imagerubber_chicken:
    I wouldn't say mine is painful to touch, more..."icky".  I dont know how to describe it any better than that :P

I know what you mean.  I wouldn't say it is painful, but I don't like that area to be touched.  It's still numb also and feels weird, but it's not pain.

Same here

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My /Chart; BFP 3/8/11 CP 3/16/11; 7/11 HSG & S/A both clear;
    Cycle 12~ 50 mg Clomid=BFP 9/9/11, Beta #1=280 & Beta #2=1513, 6w3d hb=122 bpm/ 8w2d hb=186 bpm/12w2d could not hear hb had a 3rd u/s and got to see the hb. 16w2d heard the hb! 156 bpm. A/S 1/3=girl
    <a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Home D
  • imageSyndi76:
    My scar is pretty numb as well but then sometimes I get an itchy feeling and when I try to scratch it it's really a weird sensation, hard to explain.

Yep. Me too.

Baby Boy - Born June 8, 2012 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagepurplehydrangea:

this 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My scar was numb in some areas and tender in others - now, at 8 months since my daughter's birth, it can be tender if something presses against it (i.e., my daughter stepping on me a certain way, pressing the laundry basket against it is needing my other hand to do something, etc.).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • By 6 months for me I wouldn't say it "hurt" me anymore, but I definitely felt simultaneously number and more sensitive in the area.  It's almost like what I feel in one spot is more generalized- a touch with my fingertip would excite nerves in the area around where I'm touching, making me feel more sensitive and sensations more dull at the same time. At 16 months, things are still not like they were before the c-section though they're less noticeable. I don't notice anything on a regular basis, but I still feel "weird' with light touches.
  • The first time I had a surgery (exact same cut as a c-section), the spot was tender for many months.  However, my husband, a doctor, said I needed to rub/massage it in all directions with my fingers to help the nerves get back to normal.  Does that make sense? After a month or so, it definitely helped make it far less sensitive.  I had an actual C-section 4 months ago, and now, that area is just totally numb.
  • My Csection is fine..it itches and when I scratch it it feels numb I sorta can't feel it. It dosen't hurt per se..except when my son kicks or steps on my belly.
  • imagepurplehydrangea:

This is the same for me too.  My baby is 7 months old now. 

• Mine would hurt more if, like someone else mentioned, I had a laundry basket pressed against that area. It took quite a long time for me to be able to carry the basket myself. Even then, I had to get my hubby to carry the heavier loads. My son is now 20 months old and it doesn't hurt anymore. Occasionally the scar itches, but rarely and not too much. If my sons steps or kicks me on my scar, it hurts, or if I lean on something (like his crib railings) on the scar, it would hurt. Well, it doesn't exactly hurt, it's just uncomfortable. Like others said, it is hard to describe. It is still raised and sorta pink.

Someone else mentioned here that her hubby is a doctor, and said to massage the area. I have to agree with that, although I didn't do it to myself. My son had to have surgery at 3 mo old and his Dr told me to massage the area often, specifically when I applied Mederma scar cream to the area (which you can use on yourself too if you so desire). Massaging helps the muscles and nerves relax, and loosen up to where they need to be.

http://lb2f.lilypie.com/YI80m5.png Tobias was born on April 1, 2011! Mom and Dad are soo excited!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"