June 2013 Moms

RFFFC= Ridiculous Food Flame Free Confessions

I think it might be fun to confess our ridiculous food confessions. I'll start...

I am more than a little disappointed that I just ran out of pickles.

My husband is getting to eat sushi tonight for a work thing (and it is goooooood sushi) and I am actually a little mad about it.  

Anything you want to confess?? 

Norah is here! Born on July 16th, 2009 7lbs 0oz, 19in and PERFECT! My Blog--Baby Steps, Foot Steps, Leaps, Bounds, Milestones
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: RFFFC= Ridiculous Food Flame Free Confessions

• imageIrishCoffee7:

I bought a jar of pickles on the way home from work the other day and drank half the juice in the car.  From the jar. 

At least they were the good ones that don't have weird ingredients or chemicals right?

Awesome. What kind were they? My favorite are the Claussen. mmmm... 

Norah is here! Born on July 16th, 2009 7lbs 0oz, 19in and PERFECT! My Blog--Baby Steps, Foot Steps, Leaps, Bounds, Milestones
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I eat a nice bowl of shredded wheat (the kind with the frosting on one side) and milk for lunch almost every day.

I can also put away any amount of citrus fruit.  Yesterday I ate a grapefruit, and 4 clementines in one sitting. 

• Loading the player...
  • I actually gag if I try eating roasted peppers right now, I'm like a little kid refusing to eat her veggies!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Grapes actually are keeping me regular right now....

I eat at least 2 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches a day, and right now I want ice cream!!! although Pickles sound really good right now LOL

I have not craved sweets at all.....DH asked me whos baby Im carrying LOL

BabyFruit Ticker photo dip1004.jpg
  • I had Taco Cabana for lunch. I really wanted tortillas, but didn't want to have to got to the store with the kids just to get them. The tortillas were warm and yummy, for the rest of my lunch enchilidas, rice and beans....pretty sure it was a mistake that I'll be paying for in a couple of hours.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • All I wanted last night was a peanut butter cup sundae from Friendly's! I did restrain...for now :)
    TTC #1 since September 2012
    BFP 11/4/12! EDD 7/18/13 My Ovulation Chart || Ovulation Calendar Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • And now I want pickles.

I've been averaging a jar every couple of days. The other day I opened a jar in the car before I even left the parking lot.

CJ 05/29/2013

• My worst craving so far has been potato chips (the real kind with ridges) and french onion dip. I have only succumbed twice, including today. So delicious, yet so bad!
  • imageSarah32:
    All I wanted last night was a peanut butter cup sundae from Friendly's! I did restrain...for now :)

Oops!  Sorry, thought I was on the July 13 board....  :) 

TTC #1 since September 2012
    BFP 11/4/12! EDD 7/18/13 My Ovulation Chart || Ovulation Calendar Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm dying for one of those big, fat deli pickles.

I could eat pepperoni pizza for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I'm obsessed. lol

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Anything with vinegar, haven't craved sweets as much as I used to, but I did polish off a box of fruity pebbles last week. Sooooo crunchy and delicious.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have been drinking icy drinks (like you would get at a convenience store) at least once a day.  I get the soda flavored ones which are not only loaded with sugar, but I'm pretty sure have caffeine too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• I'd totally have a sushi roll. One of my confessions is that I did, but I don't consider a small serving of raw fish here and there a hazard. Everything in moderation.

I ate a bowl of banana peppers yesterday.

I once went to CVS for Colace and came home with three different kinds of ice cream, then sat on my kitchen floor with DD eating mint chocolate chip out of the carton.

It's also commonplace for me to eat tomatoes with salt and vinegar. Like, a whole bowl. It's one if my more regular cravings.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • I want anything with tomatoes.

We went to a Mexican restaurant for lunch yesterday and I may have eaten 4 bowls of salsa. On about 3 chips. I could have drank the stuff it tasted so good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TTC Baby Rob #1 05/07, BFP 06/07, EDD 02/22/08, Baby Jackaroo born via c-section after 22 hours of labor on 02/27/08
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC Baby Rob #2 06/11 BFP 11/06/11 EDD 07/16/12 Natural M/C 11/25/11 @ 6w3d
    Baby Rob #2 (Sloane), in our hearts always.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Here comes Baby Rob #3
     BFP on Cycle 17 09/27/12. EDD 06/04/12! Please Stick Baby! A/S 01/22/13 Baby looking great. Officially TEAM BLUE! Jack is getting a Baby Brother! RCS scheduled for 05/29/13. William Daryll born at 9:59am on 05/29/13. Left ovary and tube removed due to peach sized tumor found during RCS. Pathology came back benign!

• yesterday i was out shopping and starving so i got target popcorn. Not so bad... when i got home my husband had made rotel dip so i used it to dip my popcorn in lol. It was yummy and salty!!

TTC #1 since Oct. 2010 6 unsuccessful Clomid cycles HSG- clear
    January IUI #1 femara 2.5 mg+ovidrel=BFN
    February IUI#2 Femara 2.5mg+Ovidrel=BFN
    March Femara 2.5mg+Ovidrel+ TI=BFN taking a break from RE
    BFP 10/13/2012 beta #1=280 beta #2=714
    BabyName Ticker image
  • I can not seem to eat enough today. I am in the ravenously hungry stage and my belly is grumbling at me a half hour after I eat. I had a piece toast and a bowl of cereal for breakfast and 30 minutes later I was starving. I grabbed a banana to eat and it just didn't sound good so I made a banana split with it.

My other confession is that I can't wait to do some Christmas baking and I love being pregnant during the holidays because I don't have to worry as much about gaining weight. Of course I know it still isn't healthy to eat lots of sweets and too much food and I always pay for it after I have the baby and have extra weight to lose, but it is nice to not have to worry as much.

• imageIrishCoffee7:
    imageSCBride2007:
    imageIrishCoffee7:

I bought a jar of pickles on the way home from work the other day and drank half the juice in the car.  From the jar. 

At least they were the good ones that don't have weird ingredients or chemicals right?

I love Claussen but these were next to the regular pickles on the shelf...I tink Vlasic?  But they deli style ones that had garlic and carrots and all kinds of stuff floating in there, and no weird ingredients. 

Vlasics are the best. The spears, kosher dills, delicious.

CJ 05/29/2013

• imageRachelly8:
    My worst craving so far has been potato chips (the real kind with ridges) and french onion dip. I have only succumbed twice, including today. So delicious, yet so bad!

Now I want this realllllllly badly.  And pickles, too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

M/C 7/8/12

Perfect baby boy born 7/8/13

BFP 8/20/14 EDD 4/27/15 It's a GIRL!!

• imageskio:
    I'd totally have a sushi roll. One of my confessions is that I did, but I don't consider a small serving of raw fish here and there a hazard. Everything in moderation. I ate a bowl of banana peppers yesterday. I once went to CVS for Colace and came home with three different kinds of ice cream, then sat on my kitchen floor with DD eating mint chocolate chip out of the carton. It's also commonplace for me to eat tomatoes with salt and vinegar. Like, a whole bowl. It's one if my more regular cravings.

Holy crap.  Mind blown - salt AND vinegar with tomatoes?!  That never occurred to me and now I must have it ASAP.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

M/C 7/8/12

Perfect baby boy born 7/8/13

BFP 8/20/14 EDD 4/27/15 It's a GIRL!!

• imagekread8:

imageskio:
    I'd totally have a sushi roll. One of my confessions is that I did, but I don't consider a small serving of raw fish here and there a hazard. Everything in moderation. I ate a bowl of banana peppers yesterday. I once went to CVS for Colace and came home with three different kinds of ice cream, then sat on my kitchen floor with DD eating mint chocolate chip out of the carton. It's also commonplace for me to eat tomatoes with salt and vinegar. Like, a whole bowl. It's one if my more regular cravings.

Holy crap.  Mind blown - salt AND vinegar with tomatoes?!  That never occurred to me and now I must have it ASAP.

Umm, ditto.

CJ 05/29/2013

• DS's birthday is today and we had a party to celebrate yesterday. I want to eat off all of the fondant on cake but not touch the actual cake itself. I've seriously been trying to persuade myself not to all day.

Proud Mama to Mickey (12.03.09) and Nemo (06.06.13)

• imageBacon+lettuce+tomato:
    imagekread8:

imageskio:

Umm, ditto.

I love balsamic vinegar & tomatoes!

My food confession -- I not only eat the jar of pickles... I drink the pickle juice too. every.last.drop.

Sometimes I even freeze it and make myself a delicious pickle juice popsicle.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageBacon+lettuce+tomato:
    imageIrishCoffee7:
    imageSCBride2007:
    imageIrishCoffee7:

I love Claussen but these were next to the regular pickles on the shelf...I tink Vlasic?  But they deli style ones that had garlic and carrots and all kinds of stuff floating in there, and no weird ingredients. 

Vlasics are the best. The spears, kosher dills, delicious.

100% this.  We're a two pickle kind of family because DH will only eat Claussen and I think they're nasty.  

Formerly known as elmoali :)

• I must be weird as I don't have any real cravings. Things sound good when people mention them but I rarely get it!

• I think I might be the only pregnant woman who doesn't like pickles.  Bleh. Ick!

My office got a delivery of Mrs. Fields cookies this morning.  I definitely had a pre-lunch snack of milk and cookies.  And they were heavenly.

Lilypie - (tyeV)

Lilypie - (AarQ)

• imagekari5186:

I have four different types of pickles in the fridge and one jar of mild banana peppers.  I drink the juice out of all of them.  Annnnnnd I can't say that pickle juice drinking is something new that came along with my BFP.  I've done it for years.

I love banana peppers and I too drink the juice.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I just bought dill pickle lays and they are awesome! 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Anything COLD and/or SWEET is what I've been craving.  We went to the movies recently and I saw that they had ICEEs, and I nearly crawled over the counter to get one.  Also had to make an "emergency" stop at Sonic the other day for a Lemonberry slush.

Though, all this talk of pickles and potato chips and onion dip has got me thinking...and I love the idea of using the soup mix in plain greek yogurt!  Would make me feel LESS bad.

• Pickles and anything in brines - olives, artichoke hearts. . . yum!! Yesterday I had a ton of fruit which I felt very good about. For dinner - I ruined it with Kraft Mac and Cheese, tater tots, and Fish sticks. Havent had a meal like that since college. Sooo good but definitely not healthy! 

Tomato sauce is the most appealing thing to me in the world too. And now I am tempted to leave work, go next door to Kroger, buy a huge tomato and eat it with salt and vinegar!! haha 

image image

• Ditto on the pickles!  It seems that I am always running out!

And now, I'm also craving potato chips.  Mmm ....

• I am a mac and cheese addict.... I need to stop but it is so good.
    Riley 12/24/08 Pregnancy Ticker
  • English muffin pizza's!!  I eat them several times a week for lunch.  I haven't had them since I was a kid.

Also, I had to stop at McDonalds at midnight the other night for a banana strawberry smoothie.  I was the only one in line not ordering food.  I'm not even sure what came over me but I HAD to have it.

EmmasleepingNalaPregnancy Ticker
  • After reading this thread, I just went and ate some Frosted Mini Wheats, 3 dill pickle minis, a Colby jack string cheese, and some pita chips. If I am not a cliche...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I had to stop at a gas station on the way home from work to buy some white cheddar popcorn... first craving I actually went to the store to get!
    imageimageimage
    My two girls Flower and Ayla Faye
  • imageLiLi23:

I think I might be the only pregnant woman who doesn't like pickles.  Bleh. Ick!

You're totally not. All this talk of pickles makes me gag a little.

My food confession is that I have eaten several deli sandwiches and don't feel bad about it even a little. Also, I've dealt with my beer cravings by having a sip of my partner's beer a couple of times a week. Don't feel bad about that one either. 

griffin
  • I love pickels...but every since I got pregnant I find them disgusting. Mostly I've found that baby and I don't agree. 

Foods baby likes but mommy does not: mcdonalds, chinese food, onions, milk, chicken off the bone

Foods mommy likes but baby does not: chocolate (can't stomach it), wheat bread, sweets in general, lunch meat of any kind

Foods we both really like: cranberry juice (all the time!), fruit gushers, meat, macaroni and cheese

I'm sure the list will grow :) 

• Umm pepperoni in the microwave... weird I know but it makes it less greasy! 
  • I haven't had much of an appetite and haven't really been feeling hungry, not from nausea at all but I think just because I'm bloated, BUT once I make myself eat something I can't stop! The other night I had pillsbury crescent rolls for dinner, as in 7 of the 8 in the package! Have also been on a big root beer float kick!
  • imagesmpeachey:
    I just polished off a bag of Hot Tamales, I was feeling a little nauseous after a light workout and was just going to have few to get my blood sugar up and the next thing I knew the bag was empty. Whoops!nbsp; nbsp;So I have never been a pickle eater and now all your posts about pickles have me wondering if I am in the minority here as non pickle eater...

LOL about the hot tomales, I can totally relate! Not a pickle eater either, very rarely.
  • imageKentuckyKate:
    After reading this thread, I just went and ate some Frosted Mini Wheats, 3 dill pickle minis, a Colby jack string cheese, and some pita chips. If I am not a cliche...

Mmmm, pita chips! Love the Stacy's cinnamon and sugar ones, and the naked ones too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"