Pregnant after a Loss

Bigger Busted Gals -- need bra recommendations

Hi Ladies!

So before getting KU, I was a 36D.  About two weeks ago, I had to go up to a 38E and I'm even starting to bust out of that cup size a little bit.  I was told that I should invest in a sleeper bra to prevent sagging.  I'm a novice to all of this, so I was wondering if you could recommend your favorite sleeper bra, why you like it, where I can find it, and about how much it costs? 

Ugh, I can't imagine wearing a bra 24/7!  But if it has to happen, I guess it has to happen.  Thank you, ladies!

TTC since Aug 2011. BFP #1 on 10/28/2011 EDD of 07/02/2012 Natural MC on 11/22/2012  BFP #2 on 10/28/2012  EDD of 7/13/13  Judah Ari born on 7/11/13.

I love my rainbow baby!

Re: Bigger Busted Gals -- need bra recommendations

• I'm a 34DDD now and can tell these are starting to get a bit small.  I like to go to Dillard's and get fitted.  They measure you and find bras that work for you etc.  It's seriously the way to go. 

I also wear a nursing sleep bra at night....I've done this since I had DS and nrused and now I'm just in the habit. 
    I LOVE the bravado bras for sleep.  It's non underwire and SUPER comfy.  Plus then it doubles for being able to use it to nurse later.  I have a medium ( I think) and I've worn it when I was a 36H (after delivery) adn when I was a 32DD and it still fits great no matter what. 

I honestly think its better to wear a bra all the time.....but that's just me
    imageimage

image image image 

My Beautiful Boys! 

imageimageimage

PgAL/PAL welcome, always!
  • For non-maternity bras, I definitely would go to the biggest Dillards in your area and get fitted, and my favorite brand in Freya. You can get them from Wacoal.com & Bare Necessities (also a website). Hope that helps!!! I'm a 36G (USA size, 36F in UK sizes, which Freya is) so I TOTALLY get you on the big boob issues Wink
    "For I know the plans I have for you,
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh wah! You both recommended Dillards and there are NONE in my area! But I'll check out the online store for the brands you two recommended.

TTC since Aug 2011. BFP #1 on 10/28/2011 EDD of 07/02/2012 Natural MC on 11/22/2012  BFP #2 on 10/28/2012  EDD of 7/13/13  Judah Ari born on 7/11/13.

I love my rainbow baby!

• My current face daytime underwire bra is Chantelle. It's got a bit of lining which I like. 

The bravado one I like I think is bliss

Good luck! 

imageimage

image image image 

My Beautiful Boys! 

imageimageimage

PgAL/PAL welcome, always!
  • I second BareNecessities, mainly because I'm a weird size that's hard to find in stores (32DDD).  I love the brand Panache, and you can get a good deal.  But I never sleep in bras!  Is sagging really something I should worry about when I'm sleeping??
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am a 38D pre-preg and only started to grow in the third tri.

I also get fitted every single time I do to buy. If you try a nicer department store they will actually be able to tell you which brands fit better for your figure. Not all 38Ds are created equally, Dillards is a good one.

For the sleeping bra, I can't sleep in a bra but I do sleep in the bra shell tank tops (Old Navy usually b/c they are cheap). They are nearly as supportive as a regular bra but help at night without being dreadfully uncomfortable!

Me: 37 DH: 40 TTC since 9/09
    #1 BFP 1/10/11; missed m/c discovered 7w5d
    IF Dx: Endo, hetero MTHFR mutation, poor morphology
    #1 IUI: 1/18/12 = BFN
    #1 IVF/ICSI 4/2/12 = 2 x 7-cell and 1 x 5-cell transferred (3dt) = BFP!!
    H was born at 41w2d on 12/29/12 - be still my heart!
    #2 IVF/ICSI 1/19/14 = 2 x 8 cells transferred (3dt) = BFP!! EDD 10/09/14
    M&W born at 37 weeks on 9/18/14 - I am the momma of 3 boys!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • With my last pregnancy, I was a 36-38DD to start, and by 26w was measuring a 40H US.. it was RIDICULOUS!  I ended up wearing nursing sports bras because it was the only thing I could find big enough in the cup size, but the band was huge!  Now, I started at a 38DDD.. slightly terrified to see how big these bad boys get!!!

PP's thanks for the Dillards rec!

Loss #1: 18w5d.. D&E 04Mar03 BFP #2: Jun2011.. missed miscarriage. D&C 08Jul2011 8w4d. BFP #3: Nov2011.. Our Rainbow Baby!!! DS Born: 15Jul2012! BFP #4: Nov2012.. 2U1 - DS2 born 12Jul2013.  BFP #5: 01Jan2014..3U3!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My blog about raising 2U2!
  • Fredericks of Hollywood goes up to a DDD/E.

I personally order mine online from a store based out of london. Bravissimo. Im a 36H though Indifferent. They are AMAZING and they also selll sexy nighties, supportive sleepwear and swimsuits.

**Edit** didn't read through responses before posting, the brands mentioned by other posters, (freya, panche are awesome they are some of the brands offered by the bravissimo store I mentioned.) Basically Bravissimo did all the research and offers the best most supposrtive brands for large ladies (D-KKcup) all in one place!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"