December 2012 Moms

37 weeks... no progress

Anyone else without any dilating or effacing? I keep reading all these post about women having progress at this point and I was hoping when I got checked today there would be something, but of course nothing. For any STM who didn't have progress at this point with there first pregnancy, when did your babies come? Anyone else feeling frustrated with their lack of progress?   
 image image
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 37 weeks... no progress

• Wasn't dilated at all at 37 weeks... Still only 1cm and 39 & 40 weeks.

Even though it doesn't really matter, it is still kind of disheartening. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I also had no progress at 37 weeks, it was very disheartening. But then at 38 I was 1cm dilated and 50% effaced, so that was great to hear! I have my 39wk tomorrow, and I'm hoping things have continued to progress but trying to mentally prepare in case they haven't!
    Jude Wayne - Born 4/23/10 Violet Patricia - Born 12/5/12 Breastfeeding, baby-wearing work-at-home mom of 2 living in Rockville, MD
  • Loading the player...
  • I am only 1cm so far, but I know it doesnt really mean much. I have two step sisters one of whom was 3cm for 3.5 weeks - she went 10 days past her due date and had to be induced. The other sister was told at 38 weeks that she had no progress at all - she had her baby naturally the next day. 
  • I wouldn't stress about it. Things can happen super fast when your body is ready, and you just never know. With my first, I was a fingertip and "fairly soft" at my first internal (36 weeks) and was still a fingertip and "soft" at 37 and 38 weeks (although baby was VERY low at 38 weeks). Despite the lack of apparent progress, my doc told me she thought she'd be seeing me that weekend (my appointments were on Wednesdays). I was very skeptical, but ended up having DS the following Monday (water broke at 2:00am).

With this babe, I was a fingertip and 50% at my last appointment. My doc does not think I'll make it to due date with this one either, as my body seems to be following the same pattern as with DS (Baby is already very low). My next appointment is later in the week, but only time will tell.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had no progress at 37 weeks but 2 weeks later I was effaced 70 and dilated to almost a 2. Doctor keeps prescribing lots of sex. Poor DH is being run down and I feel bad for kind of using him but every time we do, I have horrible contractions for several hours and I believe it's really helping to progress things a lot! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it either triggers me into labor or makes labor easier and faster when it does come. Keep trying things! I know how disheartening it can be to hear no progress appointment after appointment.
  • My last check was at 35w and I was 1/2 cm dilated. I'll ask for another check tomorrow. I would be shocked if there's any progression. I didn't progress past 1 cm with DS and had to be induced after 40 1/2 weeks.

DS born 2009
    BFP#2 ~ 8/2/11, EDD 4/11/12, D&C 9/12/11 at 9w5d
    BFP#3 ~ 4/15/12, EDD 12/21/12 ~ DD born 12/22/12
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I was 1 cm and 80% effaced at 37 weeks. 38 weeks no progress. I go back tomorrow for my 39 week and hopefully it's changed. I'm beyond ready.
  • I was only 1cm and 40 at my 36w visit 1cm is nothing for a STM!

Baby was in my arms at 36w,3d. No induction, no pitocin.

Anything can happen!!!

image"

My 4 Angel Babies.....
    MC#1- 12/2008, MC#2- 05/2009, MC#3 07/2009, MC#4 11/2009

Training to become an IBCLC. BF Questions? Just ask!

• I'm 39 weeks and no progress. It sucks!
  • I'm in the same boat. I got checked last Tuesday and there was NO progress. I'm now 38 weeks....debating on whether I should let her check me again at my appt. tomorrow.
    BabyName Ticker
  • At 38 and 4 with DS2, I had no progress whatsoever at 6pm. He was born 8 hours later.
  • I'm 38 wks this week and my doc didn't even bother to check me last week because I couldn't tell him if I'd been having contractions or not =( I'm right there with you, no idea what's going on down/in there.
    image image image
  • Don't stress as it really does not mean much. With both my son and daughter, I had no progress at the appt just days before I went into labor. At my 38 week appt for this little girl, I also had no progress other than her head was engaged, but given my experience with my older two that doesn't mean I can't naturally go into labor any day!
    m/c March 2009 @ 5 weeks ~ m/c June 2009 @ 10 weeks ~ m/c February 2012 @ 4.5 weeks Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • With DS - no progress on my own at all. I was induced at 41w1d. With this pregnancy I'm dilated only a finger tip (as of 39 weeks) and that's basically it. I am being induced tomorrow at 40w 4 days. 
    photo 928560AF-AAA0-4036-A0DB-1781F180055B-8057-000009B95DF7BAAA_zps4aeff975.jpg Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I wasn't dialated at all at 37 weeks. I wasn't dilated at 38 weeks or 39 weeks or 40 weeks. My appointment was on my due date and I wasn't dilated. My water broke that night. so just because you're not progressing doesn't mean that you cant go into labor anytime. Hang in there.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm sorry you didn't get the news you were hoping for. After reading all of the above responses I hope you feel better in knowing that no signs of progress right at your appointment doesn't really mean much.
    I'm opting not to get checked. I'm the type of person that will obsess over what they they me and knowing that it doesn't really mean squat would just annoy me. Maybe don't get checked next time so that you're not disappointed in what they say.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
  • imageperfectlove09:
    I'm sorry you didn't get the news you were hoping for. After reading all of the above responses I hope you feel better in knowing that no signs of progress right at your appointment doesn't really mean much. I'm opting not to get checked. I'm the type of person that will obsess over what they they me and knowing that it doesn't really mean squat would just annoy me. Maybe don't get checked next time so that you're not disappointed in what they say.

This is me! I would obsess! OB hasnt checked though said next week, 39 she will sweep maybe Hang in there :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • With my son, I had no progress at all. In fact my MW said I was 'fort knox'. And then at 39 weeks and a few days, BAM. labor. my MW didn't believe me at first, actually, when I called b/c a few days prior there was no progress and she said "you sounded way too chipper for a gal in labor"

But I was! haha. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Labor Buddy to Blowfish11
  • Feel lucky, my Dr. doesn't even check until 38 weeks, and only if you want it. I have no idea how I'm doing.

But remember, it really doesn't matter. Some people go from 0-10 in a few hours. Some, take days/weeks to even get to a 3.

2/12: 100 mg Clomid + Bravelle last minute+ back to back IUI. BFN
    3/12 150mg Clomid + B2B IUI =BFP!! TWINS!
    Vanishing twin at week 6
    Tater-tot born January 3rd 2013

2 IUI's in 2016- BFN
    3 IUI's in 2017- BFN
    8/17 IUI BFP!!!!!!!!
  • I absolutely wouldn't feel disappointed with no progress. I didn't get checked at my 37 week appt today. It wouldn't matter if I were at 3 and 80% (if that's possible? Idk) or closed and long... it really doesn't shed any light on the delivery timing. I'm glad my MW doesn't offer it, because I have to admit I'd still be curious. And then I'd be ticked that I couldn't use that information to predict anything! :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I am so glad you asked this question and am so thankful I read the responses. It really is true that you never know, I suppose. I had my cerclages taken out last week, Doc said he thought I'd deliver that day b/c babies were RIGHT THERE. Yeah. Five days later and I'm not dilated at all. But b/c of the responses, I realize that you just never know.

I was disappointed b/c I figured with the weight of a 7.3 and 6.7 set of twins, I'd have SOME dilation at my 37 wk appt today but to no avail. Now I know to not put all my eggs in the dilation/effacement basket Wink

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"