3rd Trimester

super fast kick counts?

so, I am supposed to start kick counts at 28 weeks, I'm supposed to count how long it takes to feel 10 movements, pretty standard. I started a little early just so I could kinda get a hang of how and when is best to do them and I've noticed he kicks a LOT when he gets going; it's like one after another for a good 5 minutes, and my kick counts will be like ok, done after 5 minutes, but then he stops, like he ran out of steam. last night my kick count lasted 2:53(app on my phone) and the longest one I've had in the last week was 14:17... am I counting things that aren't kicks? or do I just have a little ADHD baby?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: super fast kick counts?

• hahaha I'm in the same boat as you! I don't think you're off. Sometimes LO takes a little longer for me (last night it took about 20-30 minutes) but this morning when I woke up he started kicking pretty fast. I figure fast is better than none at all, right? I count them if they are separate and distinct though, not if it seems like the hiccups or something like that.

Daisypath - (2EEx)

Lilypie - (CszI)

• no, they are separate and distinct, often in different locations. I'm not sure I've felt anything consistent enough to feel like hiccups, his movements are never patterned, it's just like jabs in one plae then a couple more in another
  • Loading the player...
  • You are supposed to count any movement not just kicks. Some days my LO will do 10 or more movements in 5 min and some days it takes him almost an hour. He has what I call "lazy" days and "crazy" days.
  • Yeah, I'm at 40 weeks, and I haven't gone past 2 minutes for kick counts.  Every ultrasound tech and midwife has been a little boggled by how hyper he is (as in they catch him at a quiet time and STILL comment how active he is.)  It's not a problem - you just have an active baby.
    DS born 12/2012
    Little Squeaker due 6/2015
  • LOL We said our DS1 was an ADHD baby too!  He was non stop brutal attacking movements for the last 10-15 weeks of pregnancy.  This LO is so opposite it scares me.  DS2 is such a lazy/laid back baby that I don't get much for movement out of him and it makes me want to call the OB about once a day.
  • Yup!! Pretty normal. Its taken my baby just two minutes to do 10 movements. The only time it took her more than 3 minutes, was about a week ago (Its getting cramped in there) and It still only lasted 9 minutes. She's been very hyper since the 5th week. 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"