Parenting

Elf on the Shelf...you've got to read this!

https://www.peopleiwanttopunchinthethroat.com/2011/12/over-achieving-elf-on-shelf-mommies.html

I've been anxiously awaiting for Tatum to be old enough to justify buying this. I see all my friends posting cute pics on fb (even one that had her child holding the elf (which apparently it loses it's magical powers if he's touched by kids). I was dying laughing reading all the responses from all my friends that told her that her elf was ruined and she needed to go out and buy a new one.  Now, I'm starting to second guess myself on this cute lil elf and all his magic powers!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Elf on the Shelf...you've got to read this!

• I do not get the appeal of the creeper elf.

If you read the Santa thread, you know this could very well turn into an ugly throw down.

Elf or No Elf? Stick out tongue

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• I am totally in the minority, but I freaking LOVE our elf.  I busted him out the night before thanksgiving so he could magically show up after dinner. Which means I actually took him 3 hours to someone elses house. 

I move him every night before I go to bed and its so fun to see Buddy light up looking for him.  

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Never heard  of this elf until the last few years-

put me on team hate the elf.

• My son just got one this year. My niece and nephew also have one so the two elves get together to play. My son's is the "bad" elf though so he has toilet papered the light and then the next day ended up in time out. It's hysterical to watch him talk to his elf and he's alway watching for him since he can show up anywhere.
  • sure the freaking Elfs are creepy looking, but my kids love the darn things, and seriously all we have to say is " remember Fred is watching", whatever they are doing stop ( lol). this morning Fred came back with a girl Elf they named her Tinka, we don't really do anything special with our Elfs, we just make sure they are in a different spot every morning, some place up high, otherwise DS#2 would playing with it,but the kids love waking up in the morning looking for the elfs. 
  • Ugh. We went to B&N to pick up Hanukkah/Christmas gifts--and my DH had to buy the creepy elf. Just because it is creepy. And apparently years ago his grandfather had creepy elves all over the place.

It is seriously watching me.

*shudders* 

My daughter is my hero.
  • imageMrsPteranodon:

I am totally in the minority, but I freaking LOVE our elf.  I busted him out the night before thanksgiving so he could magically show up after dinner. Which means I actually took him 3 hours to someone elses house. 

I move him every night before I go to bed and its so fun to see Buddy light up looking for him.  

Pretty much all of this for me too.  I love our Elf.  DD loves to see what he is doing every day.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Very creepy. I wouldn't want one of those things in my house.
    m/c 2013
  • If that elf wasn't so ugly, I'd think about it. If they ever come out with Mouse on a House, I'm ALL OVER IT!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Labor Buddy to Blowfish11
  • I don't understand why, if the elf is supposed to be there to ensure that the kid behaves, do these moms always set the elf up to be caught doing naughty things. Seems a little backwards to me.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Team Creepy 4ever!
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1e/60/2a/1e602a4261a90b9c761ebe748b780318.jpg    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/47/2c/07/472c076006afed606241716dd0db828a.jpg 
  • I am in camp love the elf but we dont use it as a behavior tool nor does he misbehave. He is there to help spread Christmas cheer.

We also don't use Santa as a behavioral tool.

But yes, the elf is creepy fun.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • When I was a kid my brother had a glow-in-the-dark skeleton he got from science camp that he used to put into different positions when we weren't looking, and he'd swear up and down that he didn't do it.

I cried whenever I saw it had moved, and my mom had to move it to her bedroom and force a confession from my brother.

There will never be an elf on my shelf.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"