3rd Trimester

Diarrhea on due date?

Due today.  Woke up to diarrhea, which is one of the pre/early labor signs I need to call my midwife about.  Had some nice strong contractions last night, but not close, regular or increasing (I had 10 hours of cursedly mild contractions that were regular, long, and increasing in frequency on Thursday.)  

Would you start the whole walking around/nipple stimulation/etc thing or just try to ignore it (after, of course, telling your care provider as instructed)?  I know my care provider will tell me to shower and rest until things pick up, but I woke up two hours after the usual alarm anyway - I can't really just stay in bed for hours and hours right after I've woken up. 

DS born 12/2012
Little Squeaker due 6/2015

Re: Diarrhea on due date?

• I'd start walking hoping to stimulate some good contractions. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Walk, walk, walk, and drink water so the diarrhea doesn't dehydrate you. GL!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Walking, birthing ball, nipple sim, sex, OH MY! And drink lots of water, you dont want to dehydrate. Good Luck.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageLadymouse:

Due today.  Woke up to diarrhea, which is one of the pre/early labor signs I need to call my midwife about.  Had some nice strong contractions last night, but not close, regular or increasing (I had 10 hours of cursedly mild contractions that were regular, long, and increasing in frequency on Thursday.)  

Would you start the whole walking around/nipple stimulation/etc thing or just try to ignore it (after, of course, telling your care provider as instructed)?  I know my care provider will tell me to shower and rest until things pick up, but I woke up two hours after the usual alarm anyway - I can't really just stay in bed for hours and hours right after I've woken up. 

stimulate. Its your Due Date!! haha

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo theboysanddany_zps4c74191e.jpg
  • Honestly, I would just relax.  I would save those things for if labor really starts up and then stalls out and/or you're facing a medically necessary induction.  Your body will go into labor on its own without those things and you'll need to be rested more than trying to encourage things along.  Plus, none of those things will really send you into labor if your body isn't ready anyway.  I'd just relax and wait to see what happens.
    imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Drink lots of water for sure.  Last pregnancy my body "cleaned itself out" four days before my due date and I didn't have an appetite from then on.  I didn't drink enough water and by the time I was in active labor and arrived at the hospital they were concerned that my body was very dehydrated.  My midwife was determined to keep me off any IV fluids but was monitoring me closely and constantly pushing me to drink water to try and rehydrate.  Good luck!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"