3rd Trimester

Anyone NOT nesting?

I'm starting to realize that I only have 7 weeks left (if that!) and I don't feel any nesting urges at all.  Is this something that's going to kick in the last 2 weeks or something? 

Re: Anyone NOT nesting?

• I was really motivated to get everything done from like 23 to 29 weeks... I don't know if that counts as nesting because it was so early, but I was pretty crazy. Now I'm 31 weeks and have ZERO ambition... hoping it kicks back in in a few weeks because I still have stuff that I want to do!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I think real nesting kicks in like a few days before you go into labor. I was induced, and my nesting urge hit after I had my baby. I felt awesome - little hunger, lots of energy, and an insane need to clean and decorate.

No nesting urge yet, which is too bad because we are moving this month and I have a crazy amount of stuff that needs to be done.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Lol I think DH has enough of the nesting for both of us!

Today he decided that we needed to re arrange the entire living room. Lol inc wanting to take an hour trip to ikea next weekend to get storage options. Lol

I'm currently almost 38 weeks Monday but I don't think the baby is coming anytime soon hehe.
  • I am self diagnosed with OCD, so I'm always nesting! I have no extra urges to clean than my normal stuff, but i've heard nesting hits around 37 weeks, so I'm interested to see how crazy I go haha.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've been nesting since 30 weeks. My house is a constant state of organization and cleanliness!

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• I wasn't until like a week ago. I realized I was scrubbing the kitchen clean & re-organizing everything and told DH "I think this is nesting." [I'm totally not a scrub things clean kind of person]
  • Me.  Not even a vague urge right now.  I THINK about nesting and all the things I need to do, but nothing actually gets accomplished.  Today is yet another day I had big plans for but am too darn tired to do anything.  I'm useless.  
  • I was not having any urges to "nest" until one morning I woke up and had this burst of energy and wanting to clean and get things ready for LO. That burst of energy only lasted 2 days then it went back to the normal exhaustion I have been feeling.
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers] BabyFetus Ticker BabyName Ticker image
  • I started super early. I am pretty much done at this point.
  • I never did with DS1, with my twins I did but only for a very short time.

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
  • I have "zero" weeks left and I am anti-nesting ATM.
  • Didn't "nest" until basically 39 weeks.  Then it was 1:45 AM when I HAD to clean the house (it was already clean by my usual standards.)  This included rearranging the guest bedroom closet at 2 AM and scrubbing the kitchen floor on hands and knees at 3 AM.  I had another small bout today, where I HAD to straighten the kitchen and re-wash all the bedding right then and there.
    DS born 12/2012
    Little Squeaker due 6/2015
  • I am pretty sure at this point with DS I was on my hands and knees scrubbing the bathroom floor every day....... my house is a disaster and will probably stay that way until someone else comes and cleans it for me :) 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I hope so.  Right now I just wish someone else would do it  all!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • "I am pretty sure at this point with DS I was on my hands and knees scrubbing the bathroom floor every day....... my house is a disaster and will probably stay that way until someone else comes and cleans it for me : "

This is me exactly. Though I have been baking like crazy and I, wait for it, polished my toe nails today! I can't remember the last time I did that. It took forever and was uncomfortable, but they look nice.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • I totally feel the same way. I usually enjoy shopping and I'm to lazy to do that. No urges whatsoever.
  • I working full time until I hit 35 weeks...and that was enough to drain me everyday. I've been home for a week now and I have spurts of energy to nest/seriously spring clean but they last long enough for me to make a big mess and then I'm done and have to drag myself through the 'clean up my mess' process. Sometimes I don't make it through that before I'm distracted by Pinterest, Facebook or these message boards! ;) 
    Anniversary
  • Not even remotely nesting. I did boil a 6 pack of cloth diapers the other day and felt very virtuous Smile

It may not be helping that I'm working 50-75 hours a week until I deliver.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"