February 2013 Moms

STM Expecting to be early

I got a call from my insurance today and she asked my DD and when I replied the 8th she was like ohh could be a Valentines Baby..... 

Horrible realization hit, I guess that could be true.... but this entire pregnancy I have been thinking early and 100% expecting her to be early.... I might have to change my expectations.....

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: STM Expecting to be early

• My first came at 37 weeks exactly - no induction or anything.  It's like I hit full-term and he was ready to come out.  I just assumed I would be early with the next one too.

Around 37 weeks with #2 I started having prodromal labor and it lasted for an entire MONTH.  I didn't deliver him until I was 40w6d.  

#3 came on her due date.

You never know when they will come.  37 weeks was lovely, because I missed out on that last month of discomfort.  I keep hoping for another one of those pregnancies!

• DS came at almost 43 weeks and was induced in the end.  I totally expect this baby to be laaaate.  I'll be thrilled if he is "on time"!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I am due 2/15 but my doctor won't let me go beyond my due date so there's a very real possibility that they will induce on Valentines day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've been convinced that I would go early this pregnancy. Then everyone I know who is having their 2nd right now (or just had) have stayed pregnant longer than with their first. My first was right on time and now I'm trying to convince myself that I may be in for a longer haul. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I just keep thinking this baby is going to be early.  DD was born at 39 weeks exactly.  After well over a month of prodromal labor. 

The one good thing about the rules for vbacing is, that I know I won't go past 41 weeks.  So at least he can't be too late.  

• imageTeacher Clark:
    imageDC2London:
    This is a major problem for me right now. nbsp;There is basically a 6 week window during which this baby could arrive, and I'm trying to arrange for people to be available should I need them to care for Jack. nbsp;I can handle not knowing how labor will go, I can handle the possibility that I will need to go to hospital during rush hour traffic, but I can not handle the uncertainty of where my toddler will be and who with. nbsp;It's driving me up a wall.

That cannot be easy. I would be stressed too if I didn't know who would be with DD.

I hope you everything works out for you! That would stress me out.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I had dd at 39w and some odd day. So maybe ill get lucky and won't go late. But my ILs will be watching dd for us. Which that is the most stressful part Im hardly ever away from her.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I just assume I will be late- I don't even pack a bag until 39 weeks or so. I was 2 weeks late with my first, not dialated or effaced, however, very low on amniotic fluid hence the induction. With my second I was 2 days late. I am due the day after my oldest DD 's bday and do NOT want them sharing a birthday. 

The possibility of going early never crossed my mind, but by reading everyone's above posts, I guess I should think about it! 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have read and heard rumor that winter babies come early.  Probably an old wives' tale, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.
  • imagemarionravenwood:
    I have read and heard rumor that winter babies come early.  Probably an old wives' tale, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

My summer baby came early, but my two winters came later (well, one was perfectly prompt and on her due date).

• Both my girls were born exactly one day after their due dates. I'm stressed because the boys could legitimately come anytime between now and the first of February.... My perinatologist wants to get us in for induction or CS (depending on who's head is where) by the 1st so that we don't risk complications, but statistics say we could very likely be meeting them closer to the second week of January....
    image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
    Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
    Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

• My OB asked me at this past appointment if I had thought about delivery... not natural or epidural but when I was going to deliver! I hadn't really thought about it, I figured when my water breaks or I start to have contractions I will go to the hospital! She said that she doesn't really like to let folks go past their due date Well mine has flucuated between Feb 2nd and Feb 5th!!

I asked her if she would let me go at least 5 days past my due date as long as LO and myself are healthy enough! If not and we induce on Feb 5th LO can be born on his dads birthday of Feb 6th (his 40th birthday) and that would be interesting since his dad bolted on us the day I told him I was expecting!!!! 

Good luck to all as we get o' so close to our due dates!!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm totally convinced that this baby is coming in January (I'm due 2/11). My water broke with DD at 36w 6d and she had been measuring 3 weeks ahead for a while. This baby is measuring big already, and I have GD.
  • I figured I'd go late with my first- so I was shocked when I had him at 36 weeks. I hadn't even read the last chapter of the pregnancy books about labor and delivery yet- I was so young and naive. 
    Jayme
    Boy 16, Boy 15, Boy 13, Girl 10, Girl 8 & Twin Boys 3, and Bacon!
    Twin A is in REMISSION!
    23 week loss, 24 week loss, 3 early miscarriages & a 25 weeker who lived only 9 weeks.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I was induced 3 days early with DS due to pre-e so he was born 2 days before his EDD. This time I have GD so with the pre-e last time and the GD this time I was just sort of assuming I would be early again. That's why her comment was so strange to me!!!! Hopefully because of the GD my OB won't let me go too far past my DD!!!!! 

PLUS my birthday is Feb 3rd and DH and his bro share a birthday and both of their parents share a birthday so everyone in their family shares a birthday so I just thought my birthday would be perfect for her birthday too :) 

• imageDC2London:
    This is a major problem for me right now.  There is basically a 6 week window during which this baby could arrive, and I'm trying to arrange for people to be available should I need them to care for Jack.  I can handle not knowing how labor will go, I can handle the possibility that I will need to go to hospital during rush hour traffic, but I can not handle the uncertainty of where my toddler will be and who with.  It's driving me up a wall.

This would completely stress me out too!!!! DS was born when we lived far from family but him being the first it wasn't a big deal. I could not image the stress this is going to cause you!!!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!  

• DS1 was born at 41 weeks so with DS2 I was expecting to go late again but he came at 38 weeks.  This time I am expecting to go sometime inbetween.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageDC2London:
    This is a major problem for me right now.  There is basically a 6 week window during which this baby could arrive, and I'm trying to arrange for people to be available should I need them to care for Jack.  I can handle not knowing how labor will go, I can handle the possibility that I will need to go to hospital during rush hour traffic, but I can not handle the uncertainty of where my toddler will be and who with.  It's driving me up a wall.

I'm right there with you, DC. Although for me it's depending on the time of day and not necessarily the date, so it will really be a decision that has to be made in the moment unless I end up with an unplanned but non-emergency c/s again. Plus with a preemie history and a 25% chance of getting HELLP again, I feel like the window for baby coming is about 12 weeks long starting next week. :-(

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• imageDC2London:
    This is a major problem for me right now. nbsp;There is basically a 6 week window during which this baby could arrive, and I'm trying to arrange for people to be available should I need them to care for Jack. nbsp;I can handle not knowing how labor will go, I can handle the possibility that I will need to go to hospital during rush hour traffic, but I can not handle the uncertainty of where my toddler will be and who with. nbsp;It's driving me up a wall.

Same for me.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"