February 2013 Moms

Cookie exchanges

So I have one tonight which I made oreo truffles for (amazing!) and I have another two weeks from today and another one three days after that. So I don't want to make the same thing over and over. Anyone have any unique cookie recipes they are willing to share? It's difficult because I don't want to bring something everyone else is bringing. Tonight's exchange we had a posted listed but for the next two we won't. I love florida cracker candy (my go to but apparently its more popular than I thought and other are bringing it. Thanks for the sharing and here's to hoping I don't gain 15lbs just in Dec alone, lol.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Cookie exchanges

• Not sure the name but my family makes these no bake cookies every year and they are a hit.
    One bag of butterscotch chips
    One cup of peanut butter
    Melt slowly in a microwave bowl. Once completely melted add corn flakes. Enough to be completely covered by mixture. Spoon an drop small amounts on wax paper and put in fridge to harden up. Yum!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My family just calls those Cornflake cookies.. we're so original LOL  They are my favorite and I'm so looking forward to them.  I'm going to be writing down all the suggestions as they come in because I've got cookie parties coming up too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • These aren't really cookies, but you could make Muddy Buddies (also known as puppy chow). Recipes can be found easily using google. Another one of my favorites is buckeyes...they're these chocolate covered peanut butter ball things. So good!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Snow Topped Holiday Brownie Bars

preheat oven according to box of brownie mix

Ingredients:
    1 pkg. 13x9 family sized chocolate brownie mix
    1 2/3 cups (10oz pkg.) Nestle toll house holiday morsels divided
    1 container (12oz) whipped fluffy white frosting- or u can make your own
    flaked coconut (optional)

Directions:
    grease 13x9 inch baking pan, prepare brownie mix batter according to pakage directions
    Spread batter into prepared baking pan. sprinkle with 1 cup morsels
    bake according to package bake times for 13x9 inch size pan, cool completely in pan on wire rack.
    spread frosting over brownies. sprinkles with remaining morsels and coconut if desired. cut into bars store in cool place

Holly Cookies

Ingredients:

? cup butter 30 large marshmallows 1/2 tsp vanilla 1 ? tsp green food coloring 3 ? cups corn flakes red cinnamon candies

1. Melt butter and marshmallows, stirring constantly. Add vanilla and food coloring. Mix in corn flakes. Grease a spoon and drop spoonfuls of mixture on greased cookie sheet, or vegetable oil sprayed wax paper. Place 3 red cinnamon candies on each bunch of ?holly,? pressing slightly so that they stick.

2. Let sit until they have hardened.

Candy Cane Christmas Butter Cookies

Ingredients

1 bag of Candy Cane Kiss Candies ?unwrapped 1 stick ? 1/2 C butter ? softened (should yield slightly to pressure, but not be room temperature soft) 1 C granulated sugar 1 egg 1 1/4 tsp pure vanilla bean paste 1/4 tsp almond extract 2 C all purpose flour (sifted or spooned into measuring cups ? not packed) 1/4 tsp baking soda 1/3 tsp salt 2 TBSP milk Red and Green Sugar Crystals

Pre-heat oven to 350 F Unwrap the kisses and try not to eat them all ? this is a great project for the kids Cream together butter, sugar, egg, vanilla and almond extract Sift flour and measure out 2 C Sift together flour, baking soda and salt Alternate adding the dry ingredients and the milk to the creamed butter mixture ? blend well. Roll dough into 1- inch balls Roll some of the balls in the red sugar and some in the green sugar (this is a really fun job for the kids) Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet (or greased cookie sheet) and bake roughly 7 ? 9 minutes. They will not look done, but do NOT overbake! Lightly place a candy cane kiss onto the center of each cookie. Take the cookies off the cookie sheet and transfer to a wire baking rack until cool
    Yuletide Layer Bars
    preheat oven to 350*

Ingredients:
    1/2 cup (1stick) butter or margarine
    1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
    1 1/2 cups flaked coconut
    1 cup chopped nuts
    1 can (14oz) nestle carnation sweetened condensed milk
    1 2/3 (10oz pkg.) nestle toll house holiday morsels

Directions:
    Melt butter in 13x9 inch baking pan in oven; remove from oven. sprinkle graham cracker crumbs over butter. stir well; carefully press onto bottom of pan. sprinkle with coconut and nuts. pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over top. sprinkle with morsels; press down lightly
    bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. cool completely on wire rack. cut into bars
    Candy Cane Snowmen
    Ingredients:
    30 Big Marshmallows
    10 Candy Canes
    10 Hershey Kisses (unwrapped)
    Pull and Peel Twizzlers (10 strands)
    30 red mini M&Ms
    10 Reese?s Pieces Minis
    White Icing (to act as glue)
    Black Gel Icing
    Clean Screwdriver (believe me, it works!)

Instructions:
    1. Break the top part off the candy canes so that you are left with a straight stick. Take 3 marshmallows and stick the candy cane through each to stack them on top of each other to make the snowman body. To prevent the candy cane from squishing the marshmallows, heat up a phillips screwdriver under hot water and poke a hole through each marshmallow first. Watch the tutorial to see why this works!
    2. Take one long rope of the Twizzlers and wrap between the middle and top marshmallow to create a scarf.
    3. Dab just a bit of icing on a Hershey Kiss and put on the top of the top marshmallow as a hat.
    4. Dab a tiny bit of icing on three red mini M&Ms and put them on the front of the marshmallows like buttons.
    5. Cut one Reese?s Pieces Mini (orange) in half and with a dab of icing attach it to the top marshmallow as a nose.
    6. Dab two eyes with the black gel icing.
    7. You are done! If you are super creative, use pretzel sticks as arms but I don?t think it needs it.
    Makes: 10 Snowmen
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
    1/1 Spotting, 1/3 beta 36,000, 1/5 u/s empty sac measuring 7w (9w5d), 1/6 d&c
    You will always be loved & missed our sweet angel.
  • CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
    1/1 Spotting, 1/3 beta 36,000, 1/5 u/s empty sac measuring 7w (9w5d), 1/6 d&c
    You will always be loved & missed our sweet angel.
  • I hear you on the weight gain. I'm trying to keep it minimal this month.
    I have to do 16 dozen by Monday. I've been busy!
    These are my choices for this year:
    https://www.bhg.com/recipe/cookies/chocolatepalmiers/
    https://www.bhg.com/recipe/cookies/chocolatepeppermintmeringuekisses/
    And then traditional shortbread. I changed it up by using coconut sugar. Really yummy!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"