March 2013 Moms

holy sciatica

geesh.

I'm not sure if it's her position, or if it's my excessive water retention that's causing the pressure....but i have almost no function in my left leg, from butt to calf.  anyone else getting sciatica pain yet?

BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)

Re: holy sciatica

• smh, yea its the worst! I was in a car accident 4 years ago and I have issue with my sciatic nerve. Now that I'm preggo Its getting worst. I start PT next week to help with the pain. For now I just lay on my right side on a well cushion area of the bed.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have had it on off for the last 2 months or so. Mine hasn't gone past my butt, but it makes it almost impossible to walk sometimes. I hope it goes away with delivery. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • I work for a chiropractor and get adjusted every week.  So far I have been able to avoid most of the aches and pains associated with my ever growing belly.  I did have a sharp pain come up in my hip over Thanksgiving, but after getting adjusted by my Dr on Monday it has gone away! Look into chiropractors in your area! I don't know what I would be doing without them!
  • My OB wrote a prescription for PT to help, and it really has made life more manageable! Good luck.
    Married 6/08, TTC 7/09
    MC w/ D&C 3/11 ~ 9.5 weeks
    CP/MC 1/12 ~ 5 weeks
    2 IUI's w/ BFN
    IVF 6/12 ~ 8R, 0F ~ Rescue ISCI gave us 3dt of 2 (6 cell, 9+ cell)
    DS born ~ 3/3/13
    IVF 6/14 ~ Operation Sibling ~ 10R, 5F ~ 5dt of 1 Blast
    Beta 1: 1600+, Beta 2: 4588
    Everyone Welcome!
    image image
    Pregnancy Ticker image

• Sciatica is no joke! I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Holy sciatica indeed!  I drove 19 hours straight 2 summers ago and ever since then I've had sciatica pain (randomly) in my right cheek...now that I'm preg, its both sides of my booty and at least every other day.  I haven't had it go further than my butt but it strikes for no apparent reason.  I'm a teacher and it has happened so often in class and my students always look at me like I'm crazy because I'll gasp or just not be able to move my leg for a second, etc.  Fun times!
    Moya wanga u nhoxile!
  • I have had this and at times my knee will shake because of the pain, like my whole leg will just give out. Unfortunately, I work 12 hour shifts and have to deal with it. It hasn't ever gone away but I have found some things that help:

gabriella support belt- can't recommend this enough

alternating ice and heat when I'm home and when I'm not icing or heating I sit on an exercise ball

before I got my support belt, the first time the pain was unbearable, I had to go to work with it, because I can't ice, heat, or sit on an excerise ball at work I brought a tennis ball and sat on that. I was having right-sided pain and placed the ball on that side between the cheek and the thigh. It helped me get through a few nights. I read about that on this site!

Mostly, I just try not to overdo it now because I know the pain will flare up, but now I can deal with it when it does.

i have also heard massages and chiropractors help but haven't gone there yet. 

• thank you everyone for the tips!!  I do go to a chiropractor every day- he is a miracle worker! Earlier that day I had done 20 box jumps, so I'm wondering if that maybe shifted me a little bit and I had eaten out at lunch that day (which I never do) so I'm wondering if the mixture of salt/water retention plus the box jumps simply did something.  It's not that bad today, it was bad when i woke up and then slowly as I went on that day went away-i drank a lot of water and went to the rest room a lot, which again makes me wonder if I was really swollen from extra salt?

i too was in a car accident about 7 years ago (rolled my car 7 times) so I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it. I will def. be applying heat/ice next time and hopefully it doesn't last two days.....it was evil. I tried to tough it out but I literally couldn't put weight on that leg for longer than a second or else it would buckle, and it felt like it was going to fall off!

BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • Mine was horrid today.  My Dad and DH ended up working on the kitchen and I sat on my exercise ball and "supervised".  I got in my car to run to the hardware store at one point and tweaked things and started to cry. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"