Baby Names

Eliza Vs. Magnolia - Clicky poll

Right now we are pretty set on Magnolia Jane, but i'm always looking at options to make sure that we are making the right choice!

I'm loving the name Eliza Jane right now (Jane is a solid middle name for us). What do you prefer? But if we ever have a boy we love Elias...but unsure if we will even try for a third. 

Feel free to give me your thoughts on Eliza and Magnolia as names!

Also, any other suggestions, please feel free to suggest! Anything out of the top 100 and we prefer 3 syllable names and girly names.

Thanks!

[Poll]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Eliza Vs. Magnolia - Clicky poll

• Really don't like Magnolia. Seems so old to me, and in a dusty sort of way...not classic and feminine old but old old. It also reminds me of Steel Magnolias. Not a fan.

I do love Eliza and think that choice is sweet! Just my honest opinion!
    imageimage
  • I like magnolia a lot. I think its beautiful with lots of nn options.
  • Loading the player...
  • I really like both names, but Eliza was our second choice for a girls' name so I'm obviously biased.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Magnolia is a bit of a GP for me but I still really prefer Eliza.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageEmerald27:
    Really don't like Magnolia. Seems so old to me, and in a dusty sort of way...not classic and feminine old but old old. It also reminds me of Steel Magnolias. Not a fan. I do love Eliza and think that choice is sweet! Just my honest opinion!

I agree.

• I really like Eliza, but I think Magnolia is fresher, and goes great with Aurora.
    Loss #1 2008, Loss #2 2010, Loss #3 2011, Loss #4 2012, Loss #5 2012
    Loss #6 2014 Loss #7 (chemical) 2014

~DS Born! 2009~
    ~DD Born! 2013~
    ~DD due! 2015~

•  NOT a fan of Magnolia! Eliza gets my vote!
  • Well, I have an Eliza so, obviously I love it. That said, I voted Magnolia Jane because I think sisters named Aurora and Magnolia would be fabulous! Good luck deciding. :)
    Mary Jane {12} Kaden {10} Eliza {4} Due Sept. '14

CafeMom Tickers

Considering . . . Agatha, Beatrix, Clara, Daphne, Isadora, Josephine, Matilda, Philippa, Tabitha, Winifred . . .
  • I like them both, but I feel like Eliza goes better with Aurora. I think Aurora Kate and Eliza Jane sound so good together.

I like Lorelei, Gianna, and Jillian from your previous list too.

Other suggestions (may or may not be in the top 100):

Genevieve, Emmeline, Amina, Evelyn, Annabelle, Athena, Elowen, Callista, Fiona, Delilah, Anneliese, Juliette, Eleanora.

B.R.C. 5/08-- N.R.C. 5/10--S.R.C. 3/14
  • I like Eliza a lot, but love Magnolia!!!
  • I have a soft spot for the name Magnolia. Absolutely adore Magnolia June.
  • imagethis decaf life:
    I have a soft spot for the name Magnolia. Absolutely adore Magnolia June.

I do too. I think both names are pretty, but my vote is for Magnolia.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I would use Magnolia Jane nn Lola.

• I like Eliza. And I think Eliza Jane and Aurora Kate sound great together as a sib-set.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh, Magnolia! I love it. It's feminine, and spunky. Plus cute nn potential with Maggie if you wantd. 

I feel like Eliza is boring in comparison.

Based on the cp results, I am in the minority. Oh well! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    I just want to give you a world as beautiful as you are to me.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • IMO, Eliza sounds leaps and bounds better with your DD's name. Eliza Jane is too lovely to pass up. While Magnolia is a fun and pretty name, I think it is kind of big and a bit too much for a FN. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"