January 2013 Moms

Team Green Prediction Thread?

Has there been a thread yet where we Jan 13 Team Green mamas make a prediction as to what sex our babies will be?

If not,  go on, Team Green mamas:  do you think LO is a boy or a girl, and what makes you think so?  IE, old wives' tales, pregnancy being different than a previous one, random comments from strangers about how you're carrying, or just maternal instinct?

I think LO will be a boy only because I really can't imagine myself being the mother of a girl, ha ha.  But if I was going based on OWT, I'd say girl because this pregnancy has been rougher on me looks-wise than my previous one with DS ;-)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Team Green Prediction Thread?

• I really have no clue!! I've steered clear of all the OWT because I truly want a surprise!! When people ask, I don't say. I don't have a preference, but I feel like if I start saying I thinking a boy/girl, and LO is the opposite, I'd be slightly disappointed!! They are definite pros and cons to have either gender so I just really don't know! Most people say this one is a boy though.
    DS #1 10/21/06 DD #2 04/11/10 DS #3 01/28/13 Edd #4 08/28/15 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I would say boy - the biggest reason is b/c I felt like during our u/s we saw a little too much.  I already have a boy and it looked exactly the same.  At first MH agreed and now he isn't so sure.  Also I'm with you in that I just couldn't imagine being the mom to a little girl - weird huh?  This is our last, so part of me will be sad if it isn't a little girl though.  But I know what to expect with a boy...  Hmmmm...  Guess we will just have to wait and see!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • This pregnancy has been completely different but for some reason I think it's a 2nd boy. Everyone else says girl but I think that has more to do with the fact that I already have a boy. I would be very happy with either so I don't say much when people bring it up.
  • I don't feel one way or the other really.  Everyone is telling me boy, based on the way I am carrying, but if you compare belly pics, I feel like I carried the same way with DD.

Also, based on OWT, Heart rate has been consistant in the 150s  (same as DD)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am thinking boy too! (Funny how most of us so are so far?) I thought we saw something at the ultrasound too, and the U/S tech referred to baby as "he" at the end after she checked the sex, and then seemed weird right after like she slipped up... so of course I overanalyzed that.

As far as OWTs, I think they are all BS..  most people guess boy by how I'm carrying (not a lot of weight on the side and more in front).. and going by Shettles, it'd more likely be a boy as well.

It will be interesting in January to see how many of us were right in our predictions!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Most people think we are having a girl... but I also hear that I am carrying low and since the only thing that has changed 'on' me is my stomach that it is a boy. 

I will put my vote in for girl.  

Anniversary

\

• imageAllison546:

I am thinking boy too! (Funny how most of us so are so far?) I thought we saw something at the ultrasound too, and the U/S tech referred to baby as "he" at the end after she checked the sex, and then seemed weird right after like she slipped up... so of course I overanalyzed that.

As far as OWTs, I think they are all BS..  most people guess boy by how I'm carrying (not a lot of weight on the side and more in front).. and going by Shettles, it'd more likely be a boy as well.

It will be interesting in January to see how many of us were right in our predictions!!

Oh man, I would go nuts if I thought mine slipped like that!!  Mine almost did because when she began to print off pictures from the scan, I had to remind her "Now don't include any shots that give away the baby's sex!!" and she was like "Oh, thank you so much for reminding me, I do it automatically since almost everyone wants to know what they're having."  Eep!!

I almost regret getting the anatomy scan done at all because I feel like when I go back to the same hospital for my 36-week check (requirement for Arkansas home births) the midwife on call will slip and say "So how are you and your baby boy doing?" or something like that, ha ha. 

• imageReyka9:
    imageAllison546:

I am thinking boy too! (Funny how most of us so are so far?) I thought we saw something at the ultrasound too, and the U/S tech referred to baby as "he" at the end after she checked the sex, and then seemed weird right after like she slipped up... so of course I overanalyzed that.

Oh man, I would go nuts if I thought mine slipped like that!!  Mine almost did because when she began to print off pictures from the scan, I had to remind her "Now don't include any shots that give away the baby's sex!!" and she was like "Oh, thank you so much for reminding me, I do it automatically since almost everyone wants to know what they're having."  Eep!!

I almost regret getting the anatomy scan done at all because I feel like when I go back to the same hospital for my 36-week check (requirement for Arkansas home births) the midwife on call will slip and say "So how are you and your baby boy doing?" or something like that, ha ha. 

Oh I know. But I've convinced myself that "he" is the generic pronoun.. if she said "she" that would have been more of an obvious slip up, KWIM?

I was reassured that the sex was not written in our chart, so maybe you can ask ahead of time that it be not noted in your chart (or at least noted you don't know the sex!) I'd be more upset at 36 weeks after making it that far to have someone slip and tell us!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageAllison546:

Ha - do you know how many times I have goggled boy u/s frontal shot to determine what it would look like as compared to what we saw...  I feel like a creeper!  So then I started goggling girl shots too!  No luck, they are all from underneath or the side...  At first I was so sad and angry and then I realized that I am no u/s tech and those pics are super confusing.  I have convinced myself as well that I am not sure...

BabyFruit Ticker

• imageAllison546:

OMG!! This happened to us as well. We didn't see anything, but the tech said he and then later made sure to point out that she calls all babies he. I am still skeptical which makes me think boy, too! Thankfully, I am preparing myself for either.

We had a growth check today and the tech never said he/she, we also were told to look away during butt measurements. So glad it didn't get ruined, we have waited so long!  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I have no idea.  The only person that seems sure is my step-dad, and he says boy. 

I have this whole long mindset spiel about why I'm going with the thought that it is a boy.  Here goes- I already have one boy so if #2 is another boy then it will be easier to accept then if I go with the mindset that #2 is a girl, it turns out to boy and then I have to "get over" not having a girl.  Our thoughts right now are that we are done after this one.  So while the stress of thinking about having a teenage daughter is awful, still never getting to be the mom to a little girl does make me a little sad.  Yet, giving my son a little brother would be awesome as well. 

So, while I have a slight preference for this one to be a girl, it isn't an overwhelming majority and my "mommy instinct" is not telling me one or the other.  But I'm going with the thought that this is a boy.  

Make sense?  /end ramble.

• girl

dh and i, and pretty much everyone else think it's going to be a girl....

only dh's aunt thinks boy, and well, his dad wants it to be a boy.....

i don't know why i feel girl, just do....i'm sure it'll be a boy then.....

• I have NO idea whether I'm having a boy or a girl (and I feel like I should have an inclination!). DH has been convinced that it's a boy (even calling LO by the boy name we've picked out) and my in-laws are hoping for a boy I think... I've tried the "chinese gender predictor" and according to OWTs it's about 50/50 boy vs girl!

I'm going to guess it's a boy, but that's purely a guess. This is our first baby, and we're hoping to have a few more so I'm happy with either knowing that we'll have other chances to have a boy/girl the next times around!

***Originally DH wanted to find out the gender, but I convinced him to stay Team Green & I think he's happy he didn't find out... having that ultimate surprise on baby's birth day is going to be awesome!!!!***

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagexDanniellex:

I have no idea.  The only person that seems sure is my step-dad, and he says boy. 

I have this whole long mindset spiel about why I'm going with the thought that it is a boy.  Here goes- I already have one boy so if #2 is another boy then it will be easier to accept then if I go with the mindset that #2 is a girl, it turns out to boy and then I have to "get over" not having a girl.  Our thoughts right now are that we are done after this one.  So while the stress of thinking about having a teenage daughter is awful, still never getting to be the mom to a little girl does make me a little sad.  Yet, giving my son a little brother would be awesome as well. 

So, while I have a slight preference for this one to be a girl, it isn't an overwhelming majority and my "mommy instinct" is not telling me one or the other.  But I'm going with the thought that this is a boy.  

Make sense?  /end ramble.

I could have written all of this myself because we, too, are expecting to only have two kids (possibility of a 3rd is there, but doubtful) and we already have one boy.  I know that having a girl would be harder, especially in the teenage years, and much more expensive since she won't be able to wear a lot of DS's hand-me-downs, but the thought of not having a daughter to shop for wedding gowns with down the road and all that sort of thing kind of makes me sad, too.  Plus I'm in love with our girl's name and not having a chance to use it will kill me ;-)

• I think I'm having another boy, just based on instincts.

Other people's guesses are pretty 50/50. :) 

BFP #1:10/31/10 DS born 6/22/11BFP #3:4/24/12 DD born 12/31/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"