Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Question: How long after you passed your mucus plug did you go into labor?

I lost my mucus plug yesterday and am just wondering if labor is coming or not.  When did you lose yours and how soon after did you have your baby?  Thanks!

Re: Question: How long after you passed your mucus plug did you go into labor?

• With my first son I lost it a week before I had him. With my second, I lost it the day I had him. But everyone is different. Doc told me you could lose it weeks before you have your little peanut 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 3 weeks with DS. 4 weeks with dd.
    It regenerates.
  • Loading the player...
  • Also a good sign that its your mucus plug is if it looks like there are little streaks of pink or red. Thats how I knew labor was coming with DS2
  • I lost mine right when I started active labor. Aria came six hours later.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I lost mine in the middle of active labor (I was already in the hospital)

• A week or two before. Can't even remember now (crazy, right!?!). But if it is much before that I've even heard it can redevelop. 

Come to find out the MP is an exciting indicator that things are heading in the right direction, but cervical mucus is a much better thing to watch for. You want that blood tinged mucus. Then you know the party is getting started! 

Adiah Catherine ~ September 6, 2012

• I lost mine at 6am, went into labor at 7pm that same day.

imageimageimage

Anniversary
  • I was in early labor with increasingly painful contractions. DD arrives less than 10 hours later.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I started to lose mine on a Wednesday and continued to lose big pieces on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. My water broke the next Monday... so 5 days. I had been 4 cm and 80% for 2 weeks.

• About 12 hours later, my water broke, but no big contractions.  Several hours later, still no contractions, so they had to induce me.  So for me, about 30 hours after I lost my mucus plug, I had my son.  Good luck!
  • I never noticed losing mine. Water broke at 37 weeks, experienced my first contractions, and LO arrived 2 hours later!
    image"">image"">imageimage

• imageTennis Chick:
    I lost mine in the middle of active labor (I was already in the hospital)

Ditto. Though it may have been because I was induced.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    2013 Books Read 11/52
    my read shelf:
    Lauren (SnShne322)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Lost mine on a Friday afternoon. My water broke Monday afternoon. 10 hours later my daughter was born.
  • Big chunks two weeks before, then more a few days before, but with no blood. Blood tinged mucus several hours before contractions started and had the baby within 24 hours of that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I lost mine Thursday evening. My water broke at 5 AM Friday.
  • I lost mine twice. Yes, they regrow if you don't go into labor after losing them. The first time was a little over 2 weeks before I went into labor, the second was in the later part of early labor 3 cm or so.
  • imageJessiJane777:
    I lost my mucus plug yesterday and am just wondering if labor is coming or not.  When did you lose yours and how soon after did you have your baby?  Thanks!

Yes it is. Eventually... 

Gabriel 09-11-2012 No dairy, egg, peanuts, tree nuts
    DSC_0803
    DH deployed since July 22
  • My water broke and then my mucus plug came out with it... had a baby the next day!
    Me: 27 DH: 28
    Diagnosis: PCOS, irregular cycles, old lady eggs. DH is fine.
    Started TTC in January 2010. BFP December 25, 2011 between IF appts. 
    DD born August 31, 2012
    Began TTC again in Jan. 2013. 
    Four rounds of Clomid - BFN
    Fifth round of Clomid September/Oct - cancelled
    HSG scheduled for Oct. 30 - Tubes all clear
    December: Round one of Femara  - BFN
    Round two - ? 

image image image
  • 1 day before with DD

same day with DS

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • about 2 weeks.  I also had a lot of pre-labor contractions for weeks before.
  • I lost mine at 5pm, labour started at 6pm... My daughter was born at 430 pm the next day.... so just under 24 hours from losing plug to holding baby.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • 1 week
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"