3rd Trimester
Options

Flashlight on belly?

Every now and then Ill do the flashlight game just to see if baby is reacting differently to it. Today i got tons of movement in response to the light for the first time. I went and shared with some family and they all yelled at me saying it would hurt babys eyes.
Is this true or...?

Love, Amanda

expecting our little miracle in February

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Flashlight on belly?

• Options
    No, it's not true. Wow.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    No, that is false. I was actually instructed by my doctor to do the flashlight game in an effort to help turn LO back in head down position.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My BF and I tried that too! He just rolled away from the light...most likely thinking that his future parents are complete a--holes ;) Its not like the beam of light is intensely concentrated either, it discipates as it goes through your skin; I would think it is more like a bright glow based upon how your belly lights up.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

i have never heard of this but now i am dying to try it lol. now i just have to find a flash light

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    No, it will not hurt baby's eyes.

We do it all the time with Jax. We call it flashlight tag. He'll push out where the light is shining, then DH will move it someplace else and he pushes out there.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options
    My LO has absolutely no reaction whatsoever to the flashlight... Now I'm a bit nervous about that. 
    Lost but never forgotten <3 : </br> 1st BFP 2/8/06 m/c @ 12 weeks; 2nd BFP 2/9/07 w/ Clomid; DD (Monica Caroline) born 11/16/07; 3rd BFP 3/25/11 w/ injections m/c @ 5 weeks; 4th BFP 8/3/11 w/ injections diagnosed blighted ovum; 5th BFP 1/20/12 m/c @ 9 weeks; 6th BFP 4/27/12 Praying for our rainbow Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Um, baby has eyelids.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Do they think babies have to wear sunglasses when they're born? Pretty sure a flash light is not as intense or concentrated as the sun and we don't keep babies inside all the time.

Jacob, 1/14/13
  • Options
    imageChocodoxies:
    My LO has absolutely no reaction whatsoever to the flashlight... Now I'm a bit nervous about that.nbsp;

My DS never did either. I think it varies from baby to baby. DS never reacted to music either, whereas this one does.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options

imagepeacelove&mama:
    imageChocodoxies:
    My LO has absolutely no reaction whatsoever to the flashlight... Now I'm a bit nervous about that.nbsp;
    My DS never did either. I think it varies from baby to baby. DS never reacted to music either, whereas this one does.

Thank you for this. I feel a bit better now. 

Lost but never forgotten <3 : </br> 1st BFP 2/8/06 m/c @ 12 weeks; 2nd BFP 2/9/07 w/ Clomid; DD (Monica Caroline) born 11/16/07; 3rd BFP 3/25/11 w/ injections m/c @ 5 weeks; 4th BFP 8/3/11 w/ injections diagnosed blighted ovum; 5th BFP 1/20/12 m/c @ 9 weeks; 6th BFP 4/27/12 Praying for our rainbow Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

imagePatsyGK21:
    No, that is false. I was actually instructed by my doctor to do the flashlight game in an effort to help turn LO back in head down position.

If you check back on this thread, I'd like more info on this!  :)  Does baby follow the light or run from it?  My first one wasn't in the best birthing position and I'm doing everything posible this time to help this little guy out!  This sounds like a fun way! :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    OMG I never thought of this! I have to try it now!
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"