June 2013 Moms

Best things about pregnancy??

Often times we focus on the awful things about pregnancy (and clearly there are some), but let's post the best things, even if they're small and silly.

Mine: Certain food tastes so much better than it used to.  Sometimes I can't believe how good something can taste.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Best things about pregnancy??

• Increased blood flow to the nether regions means sex is muy beuno!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1: 6.26.12 EDD: 2.11.13 missed m/c: 7.31.12 @ 12 weeks
    BFP #2: 10.1.12 EDD: 6.11.13 Born 6.13.13
    photo 2546f8b6-17f6-4b55-b007-93a547c620b8.jpg

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I allow myself to eat a few treats here and there that I would never let myself when I'm not pregnant, such as an A&W Freeze dessert. Big Smile  I don't go crazy, but for me, it's a little extra bonus for putting up with being exhausted, a little sick, and for my body changing.   When I want fro yo for lunch, I have fro yo for lunch!

imageimage

BFP #1 EDD 08/07/11 DS born 07/27/11 Welcome Mr. Smiley!
    BFP #2 05/28/12 EDD 02/03/13 Natural M/C 07/14/12 10w6d
    BFP #3 10/02/12 EDD 06/11/13 Please stick baby! Stick!

Sunshine_zps3fcf529f Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagekaleyandjason:
    Increased blood flow to the nether regions means sex is muy beuno!

Lol before dh went back to work he was asking what point in pregnancy was I "in the mood" more often. I told it was second tri, he then started telling me daily how much longer it was until second tri.

One of the best part of pregnancy for me is how thick and shiny my hair gets.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • We have 3 cats, so 9 months without changing the cat litter. Thanks DH! Lol
    BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Though I am beyond ready to start feeling like myself again and not an extra throw pillow on the couch all day long, I do love that I have a wonderful excuse to take a nap everyday right now :D

DD1 5/16/2006 8lbs 3oz 21" (2 days late, 36.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    DS1 6/27/2013 7lbs 9oz 19.5" (1 day late, 17.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins
    BFP#5 4/6/13 EDD 12/16/2014

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • I love LOVE love not having a period every month! And my hair growing faster then normal.

• imageriansmommie:
    Though I am beyond ready to start feeling like myself again and not an extra throw pillow on the couch all day long, I do love that I have a wonderful excuse to take a nap everyday right now :D

I hear ya! Although I could only wish to be able to nap every day! My 4 year old won't let it happen! I usually work 5am-1pm at a pretty fast paced job. When I get home I still have a little adrenaline rush going but by dinner time, I'm spent. But for the first time today, someone told me to "take it easy" when I was putting some kinda heavy boxes on an awkward shelf. I have NEVER heard that phrase before and it's kind of refreshing to know a somewhat stranger cares about your well-being! All time favorite part of pregnancy though has to be feeling baby move. I can't wait for that feeling again! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageariaforte8:
    We have 3 cats, so 9 months without changing the cat litter. Thanks DH! Lol

THIS!!!!!
    And I hate coffee and junk food right now. I am eating so much healthier due to my cravings and aversions!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Not having to clean the guinea pig's cage. 
  • I have nothing good to say about this pregnancy yet and very little good to say about last time; but I will say that the early kicks are amazing. That's about it. Pregnancy doesn't give me many perks, unfortunately.

ETA: Okay, someone else just reminded me that it's pretty cool to have bigger knockers for about two years while I'm pregnant/BFing. As a lifelong member of the itty bitty titty committee, it's a perk. lol.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Having an amazing 1st tri screening today and seeing my 2 little babies wiggling around in there!  So happy!

Oh and the fact that I hired a cleaning lady is great too!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageFuzzy21:

I allow myself to eat a few treats here and there that I would never let myself when I'm not pregnant, such as an A&W Freeze dessert. Big Smile  I don't go crazy, but for me, it's a little extra bonus for putting up with being exhausted, a little sick, and for my body changing.   When I want fro yo for lunch, I have fro yo for lunch!

Oh now I want fro yo!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageIlovebeingamom:
    imageariaforte8:
    We have 3 cats, so 9 months without changing the cat litter. Thanks DH! Lol
    THIS!!!!! And I hate coffee and junk food right now. I am eating so much healthier due to my cravings and aversions!

Same here for both!! I have two cats lol. And I'm craving fruits and veggies and salads and feel like I cant get enough water sometimes. 

Maybe there's a correlation between having cats and healthy food cravings during pregnancy (unlikely...but still lol.)

BabyFetus Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BabyName Ticker
  • I don't know if this would be the best thing, but I am definitely glad that being pregnant finally motivated me to quit my bad habit of drinking diet soda. I am sure this is much better for my health because of all the bad things I have read about aspartame.

I have a sneaking suspicion I might give in to my addiction after I give birth and am done breastfeeding, though. I kind of hope it doesn't taste good anymore.
  • My hair and nails are in the best shape of my life. Also, I love being able to indulge in a treat or comfort food when I want, without worrying too much about gaining unwanted weight.
    Sunshine_zps3fcf529f
    BFP #1 on 8/11/12 | natural m/c at 5 weeks
    BFP #2 on 10/20/12 | due 6/28/13 Pregnancy Ticker
  • DH taking such good care of me :)
    imageimageimage
    My two girls Flower and Ayla Faye
  • Not scooping the cat box coupled with DH being extra nice and helpful.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
  • imagemikaelaandmichael:
    I love LOVE love not having a period every month! And my hair growing faster then normal.

This!
  • imageskio:
    I have nothing good to say about this pregnancy yet and very little good to say about last time; but I will say that the early kicks are amazing. That's about it. Pregnancy doesn't give me many perks, unfortunately.

ETA: Okay, someone else just reminded me that it's pretty cool to have bigger knockers for about two years while I'm pregnant/BFing. As a lifelong member of the itty bitty titty committee, it's a perk. lol.

Lol I'm dying!! I'm a member of that club too so bring on the pregnant bewbies!

Lilypie - (tyeV)

Lilypie - (AarQ)

• My first thought is there is nothing good about it. My last two were hell and this time just reminds me of the other two times. My first time the only bad I remember is labor...lol

But if I had to think about it I'd say. Better sex, excuse to lay around lol...feeling baby move. And no freakin period!!!
  • Not having to suck in my gut! And DH's attentiveness... Sometimes I just need to lay down for a little while.

Oh... And the fact that I ate half a package of cookies at work today!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • No period! Also, really enjoying food:)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageChristyD6:
    DH taking such good care of me :

This! My DH is always pretty sweet but he has been extra sweet and understanding. He encourages me to eat and sleep as much as I need. He encourages me to do as little as possible. I love it!
    ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    imageimage
  • imagekaleyandjason:
    Increased blood flow to the nether regions means sex is muy beuno!

Yes! Though I blame BFing for my issues. Pregnancy has countered that and sex has finally gotten good again.  

Marigold Celestial Nostrils to save the day with glitter and unicorn farts! Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • oooh, food (now that my appetite is back), going to the doctors for appt. and knowing everything is good, having an excuse to lay around now and then, and bigger tata's! (:
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyName Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagemikaelaandmichael:
    I love LOVE love not having a period every month! And my hair growing faster then normal.

This! I haven't had a period since Feb 2011 [pregnant with DS in March 2011 breastfed up until this BFP].
    I don't enjoy much of anything so far but second trimester was great with DS! I loved feeling him move and actually looking pregnant and getting congrats from strangers.
         Lilypie - (2Lt7)      Lilypie - (WFOL)

Jonah Stephen born at 39w on 11/3/2011                Naomi Isabel born at 37w 5d on 5/27/2013
  • sex and second dinner. mmmmm second dinner :)
  • No period, baby bump and movement. I love being pregnant though. Even with the all day nausea. 

FTMs enjoy the extra sleep, you won't have time to take naps next time! 

• 1) Being waited on by DH who is sooo caring right now its crazy, but I won't complain

2) Eating whatever I want

3) Looking fat and not caring

4) Seeing babies wiggle inside of me is pretty amazing!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • The best thing so far has been my parents reaction to becoming grandparents.  They are both very unhealthy and I think this has given them a little extra to live for...  Last time I got to visit my mom (she lives in a nursing home), first thing she said to me, "How's the baby?" with a huge smile on her face.  Just about brought tears to my eyes.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I now possess super powers. I can smell things no one else can smell muahahah although this sometimes isn't good. lol
    TTC since 2004, Ectopic 2005, lost right tube. Multiple miscarriages. Baby girl born June 2013.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"