March 2013 Moms

baby names!

Hey ladies! How many of you have chosen a name (or names if you're team Green or having multiples ;) ) for your LO? DH and I just set our name for our little girl in stone, and I am so excited to now have something to refer to her as! I'm nervous to tell our families because I know they will all say "What about another 'A' name??" Both my SD and DD1 have first names that start with A. We did not do this on purpose and my only reservation with the name we chose for DD1 was that we would be starting a pattern that I did not want. I knew I didn't want our next LO to have an "A" name and I even asked opinions on if people thought that our future children would feel left out if they didn't follow our unintentional theme. At the time, everyone said no. But, since we've announced our pregnancy, all I've gotten is people referring to the baby as "Anna" and "Adrianna" and "Alice" and I've just wanted to shake them! We didn't have a name picked out at the time, so I couldn't correct them.

Anyway, we DO have a name now, and have decided on Lorelei Noelle. 

If you've chosen a name for LO, what is it? Any special meaning or story behind it?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: baby names!

• That is such a pretty name!

DH and I have had several names picked since we've been married (mostly boys names because of family). Our little girl's name is going to be Harley Lynne. The name originated from the fact that my husband is a big Batman fan. I didn't want to be so obvious to name her Harley Quinn so we went with a similar family name in Lynne (which is exactly how his little sister's name is spelled).

Most everyone likes it, but the people who know the origin either want us to go for the full original or shake their heads because of it. Personally I love the name or I would not have agreed!

BFP #1 7/6/2012, EDD 3/13/2013, Delivered 3/14/2013

BFP #2 1/7/2014: EDD:9/14 MC: 1/9/2014 (confirmed via blood work)

BFP #3 7/5/2014: EDD 3/11/2015 MC: 7/15/2014

BFP #4 11/7/2014: EDD 7/17/2015~~Please be my RAINBOW!

My Chart

image image image

All are Welcome!

• Yep! We chose Grayson Patrick. We've loved Grayson for a while. My grandmother's maiden name is Gray, but that's not really why we chose it. And Patrick is my husband's middle name as well. So excited to monogram all kinds of things! Haha

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • All 3 of our boys have L names and everyone expects us to use another L name but we just don't love any. We decided to go with Hudson Miles.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    My Boys Lawson, Lucas and Landon
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Lorelei Noelle.

That is so pretty!  I like it!!!

I think we have decided on a name also.  It wasn't my first pick (the first name) but now I like it :)  I am waiting for confirmation from him...but I understand the excitement to have a name picked out for the life growing inside me!

• So far we are team green: our boy name is Thomas Clair K. III bc it's my SO's name as well as his father's. Although neither of us are a fan of the middle name we like it as a whole so thats what we are going with.  If it's a girl she's Makenzie AuroraLee, the first name is only bc we liked it and AuroraLee comes from his mother's first name and my mother's middle name.

• We've decided on Kellen John for our little guy. John is my dad's name, and Kellen, well we just really love the name.. there's no real significance there!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • our little guy will be Jagger Daniel, hubby always like the name jagger and daniel is his fathers name
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic image DD #1 1-31-02 DD#2 9-26-08 BFP#3 1-31-02 mc 2-23-12 BFP #4 EDD 3-22-13 KACIE
  • Connor. :-)

DD- 11/17/08, DD- 11/16/09, DS- 3/20/13 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
     Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We are going with Virginia Noelle, Ella Virginia, or Virginia Isla. Every time I decide and think I'm for sure I change my mind a week later! Next time I feel decided I'm going to buy something personalized so I can't change it.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.
  • Lorelei is really pretty!  I don't think she'll feel left out of the "A name" theme - heck, she'll probably feel unique and special!

We've picked Eleanor Gray (nn Nora) or Bruce Gray (Gray is a family name).  It's paired with a 3-syllable last name.

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageMizMess:
    Lorelei is really pretty!nbsp; I don't think she'll feel left out of the "A name" theme heck, she'll probably feel unique and special!nbsp;We've picked Eleanor Gray nn Nora or Bruce Gray Gray is a family name.nbsp; It's paired with a 3syllable last name.

Thanks! I don't think she will feel left out either, but I know our family will harp on it. We call DD1 by a nickname a lot that starts with an L, so they will be alike in that way if it really matters.

I love your name choices! DD1's middle name is Eleanor. Beautiful name!
  • From the time we found out we were expecting we were decided on the girls name Isla Elizabeth. I am starting to rethink as I have started hearing it more and more. I still love it though, so we will see. I also like Elora and Nora....we will see.
  • We just found out today that we're having a BOY! :)

Sadly I have been having a hard time with boy names. lol We pretty much had a few girl names picked out but were stuck for boy names.

After more discussion about the same boy names we've been talking about for a while, we think we've narrowed it down to Rylan Lorne or Davis Lorne (Lorne is my dad's name).

Happily married to my Snorkelbutt - 07/31/10

BFP #1 09/02/11  M/C 09/12/11 8w6days
    BFP #2 07/18/12 Baby S born on his EDD 03/23/13

SS - age 12...SD - age 8...DS - 13 mos.
  • imagethecarrotflower:
    From the time we found out we were expecting we were decided on the girls name Isla Elizabeth. I am starting to rethink as I have started hearing it more and more. I still love it though, so we will see. I also like Elora and Nora....we will see.

I love love love Isla. Have you heard it a lot IRL? I hear it frequently on The Bump, but not at all in real life. I think you're safe. But Elora is also beautiful, IMO!

• Our little girl will be Charlotte Jane. DH's grandparents are Charlie Jane so it is in tribute to then. Our son also has a family name.
  • Our names were all set before we even knew that it was a boy.  His name is John David (JD).  John is my FILs name and David is my fathers name.  

For what it's worth, our girl name was Lucy Elizabeth. 

*** DS born February 21, 2013 - Toronto, Canada  ***
    imageimage
  • imageamber31288:
    imageMizMess:
    Lorelei is really pretty!nbsp; I don't think she'll feel left out of the "A name" theme heck, she'll probably feel unique and special!nbsp;We've picked Eleanor Gray nn Nora or Bruce Gray Gray is a family name.nbsp; It's paired with a 3syllable last name.
    Thanks! I don't think she will feel left out either, but I know our family will harp on it. We call DD1 by a nickname a lot that starts with an L, so they will be alike in that way if it really matters. I love your name choices! DD1's middle name is Eleanor. Beautiful name!

My MIL has two little girls that go to church named Isla that she now frequently talks about since finding out that is our top choice for our little lady. To be honest I wish she hadn't ever brought them up, I would have rather not known. 

I just love that it means island, we live on an island. It is also of Scottish origin which is my grandfathers heritage.
  • Lorelei was on our list for DD1, but our last name starts with an L so I thought it was too much alliteration. I love it though. 

imageJennDestroy:
    Our little girl will be Charlotte Jane. DH's grandparents are Charlie Jane so it is in tribute to then. Our son also has a family name.

Charlotte is the #1 contender on our list right now. Charlotte Irene. My husband had a few I wasn't 100% sold on (Finley) and I had a few he wasn't sold on (Morgan, Fallon). The only reason I hestitate on Charlotte is because it's getting really popular, very quickly! It was 27 on the SSA list for 2011.  

BFP #2 5/31/12 CP 5w2d 6/4/12 BFP #3 7/9/12 EDD 3/8/13 Another Girl!! Lilypie Pregnancy tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagethecarrotflower:
    From the time we found out we were expecting we were decided on the girls name Isla Elizabeth. I am starting to rethink as I have started hearing it more and more. I still love it though, so we will see. I also like Elora and Nora....we will see.

I am considering Isla as well. We had loved Ella but I don't like common names and you can't get any more popular than that these days! Where have you heard Isla a lot? I haven't ever actually met anyone with the name!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.
  • We've decided (quite a while ago) on Rowan Alice for our little girl.  I've heard Rowan a couple times since, but always as a boy's name. No worries there, as my own name is unisex.  :0)

DH immediately nicknamed her Row-bot, which I think is adorable.

Alice is for my amazing Granmere, who had my mom ( and six other kids).  She's been giving me great advice this pregnancy and we're excited to honor her.

• We are having a really hard time with names.  It feels like a bigger commitment than getting married or having a baby!  I am nearly tormented by the stress of it!  I know I should be enjoying it more!  So far we only have possible girl names.  (it was totally random that they all end in a...we are more about the meaning/significance) Our boy names list is still being "discussed".

Kiana (key-ah-na) - a version of my hubby's gram's name Kimawana

Roquia (Roe-kye-a) - female version of husband's dad, Roque

Xefina (sha-fee-na) - our favorite island we camped at during our "courtship"

Aria - ode to my husband's musical spirit

Victoria - my dad's middle name, Victor 

Moya wanga u nhoxile!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"