2nd Trimester

2nd time+ mammas

Did you start to show sooner than you did with your first one?  I've heard in the past that most women show sooner with each pregnancy, any truth to it?

Re: 2nd time+ mammas

• Yes. Like 6 weeks sooner.

Layne-May 6, 2013

Callie-February 14, 2011

•  that's a pretty substantial difference!
  • Loading the player...
  • Not so far.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Not really.  The first pic below is of me at 23 weeks with DS (I didn't start pics before that) and the one below it is from today at 22.5 weeks (please ignore the pajama pants ;)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yes, I was "showing" by 8 weeks this time.

• For me, definitely.  It's crazy though since I was pg with two last time and only one this time.  It was getting pretty obvious by 12ish weeks. 
    2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• My secone time around my little girl is 5. Yes I started showing way sooner this time than last time, I dont think i started showing till like the midway through my 5th month. This time i was showing before I hit 10wks.
  • Pic below is 12 weeks. I look like I am due in weeks rather than months now but my first pregnancy I was showing at 14+ weeks a solid bump.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My first two experiences weren't all that different. I definitely showed more in the end, but... I didn't show much sooner. Both times, I was shocking people with the news that I was pregnant when I was weeks away from delivery (I am overweight, so people might have been politely ignoring the expansion of my waistline, but I also didn't get that large, either).

This time around, the difference is very obvious. At 23 weeks I look at least as big as I did around 30 weeks last time. Makes me nervous about how big I'll be in the end!

DD- 11/17/08, DD- 11/16/09, DS- 3/20/13 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
     Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • This is my third baby and it's been very true for me. I tend to show sooner naturally than some, but with each pregnancy it's getting sooner. This is my third pregnancy this year too. We lost two pregnancies back to back prior to this pregnancy, so I think that is making this time exceptionally dramatic. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers imageimageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • YES! Much sooner. I am looking about 4-5 weeks ahead when I compare pics.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read-in-2012 shelf)
  • I've heard the same thing but I've found this to be the opposite. I'm showing way less than I was the last time at the same progression. But I don't know if last time I was "showing" or just chunky and this time I'm still working out 3 days a week. 
  • Yep. I started showing at 11 weeks this time...last time it was 17. 
    imageimage

EDD 1/31/13, MC May 17. EDD 3/31/13, MC July 26. I miss you so much already my angel loves

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • For me, kind of.  I've also started out each pregnancy a little fluffier than the last, so it could just be that I'm fatter.  But there's a definite roundness to the bump, and it's been earlier each time so I'm gonna go with "yes".

// I love you too. //

• Absolutely. At least a few weeks sooner
  • I did.  Then again, I also broke into the mat clothes sooner because I had them and mat jeans are way comfier than using a belly band.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yep, I started showing about a 4-5 weeks earlier. I started showing with this one around 11-12 weeks And I started to get a tiny bit bigger at 15 weeks with DS, but had a definite bump at 20 weeks. I've had a definite bump since about 15 weeks
    BabyFruit TickerLilypie Third Birthday tickers "You don't marry someone you can live with, you marry the one person you can't live without."
  • Yes, and movement earlier this time than with the two before
    photo b6d12d4a-3c41-4686-a0af-8cf854f979e4_zpsffdadc4c.jpg Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes, much sooner.  I was noticeably pregnant with #3 at 7-8 weeks.  Call it what you will, but that is when I started receiving stranger congratulations. 

This is my 12 week belly with #3. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I was in maternity pants by 13 weeks last time, 11 this time. So yeah I think so. :)
    "You get in the bowl." Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh yes definitely!  I started showing at about 10 weeks.  With DD I didn't start showing till almost 18 weeks!
    Little Sib & Big Sis
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • YES!  So much sooner for me.  I barely remember showing with DD until well into my 2nd tri...this go around, I was wearing maternity pants/not buttoning my reg pants at about 10 weeks.  I am much flabbier this time around too.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageAmandaAndTj:

YES! Much sooner. I am looking about 4-5 weeks ahead when I compare pics.

This. At 15 weeks, I looked almost exactly like my 20 week photos with DS... it was crazy!

carrie ~ me-at-carrie.cc ~ 4/21/2007
    * blog * first baby blog * baby 2.0 blog * twitter *

IMG_0578

• Yes. I was comparing pictures yesterday. I am as big at 13 weeks this time as I was at 17-18 weeks with DD.

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • It's been 8 yrs and YES I did/have with this one which is my second. I think it still is different with every woman and how you are carrying baby, but for the most part I say it's true. Your body already has the stretch from previous babies. 
  • this is number 4 for me and it was weird i showed faster with 2 and 3 than i did with this one...  but i did show a lot faster with 2 and 3 than i did with 1
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yes I started showing at 18 weeks with DS1 wearing marternity pants around the same time, started wearing matnerity pants at 10 weeks showing 14 weeks with DS2, and with this pregnancy I was in Maternity pants at 6 weeks and showing by 10 weeks.

• 2nd time around NO, This time YES! I am even measuring 7 weeks ahead! I feel HUGE
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yes ma'am. Started showing at 12 weeks with this one, 18 weeks+ with DS. 
  • imageanimalcrckr:

Yes, much sooner.  I was noticeably pregnant with #3 at 7-8 weeks.  Call it what you will, but that is when I started receiving stranger congratulations. 

Wow, I don't even look like that now. My early version of "showing" was I looked chunkier than normal lol .

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageeco+ri:
    imageanimalcrckr:

Yes, much sooner.  I was noticeably pregnant with #3 at 7-8 weeks.  Call it what you will, but that is when I started receiving stranger congratulations. 

Wow, I don't even look like that now. My early version of "showing" was I looked chunkier than normal lol .

It probably doesn't help that I am only 5'1".  If this pregnancy is anything like my first two, people will start making comments about being due any day at around 20 weeks.  By 40 weeks I look like I am having quads.  

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I definately did! And I noticed the babies movement much earlier this time around, maybe because now I know what I'm looking for.

I kept a pregnnacy journal with the first one so I was able to compare what I was feeling like and how much weight I gained between then & now.

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • imageanimalcrckr:

My kinda mom, right here Wink You remind me of me, internet stranger. I've been showing earlier and earlier x5.

• I think it is definitely true!  With my first I started showing around 16 weeks, this time I started showing around 9.  Granted I was about 20 lbs heavier this time around, but now at almost 15 weeks you can actually tell that I am pregnant.  It is not questionable!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary image image image image
  • I'm an oddball, then, because I started showing right around the same time with No. 1 and with this one. My belly really just popped and got round (as opposed to chubby-looking) a couple of weeks ago. I was able to hide it pretty much at work by wearing dresses during the month of October, and I finally had to bust out the belly band around week 14 or 15.
    Son #1 is already 2! Not too much longer until Son No.2 arrives! Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"