Toddlers: 24 Months+

Disney for the holidays

We are going to Disney the 15-19th.  I got tickets for the Christmas Party at Magic Kingdom.

I've never been to Disney w/a kiddo before..any suggestions? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Disney for the holidays

• I've been, but not with the kids.  It is amazing and so much fun.  It is not crowded because they limit admission and it was really relaxed and enjoyable. Have fun, I can't wait to go back!
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • We went in October and we had a ball. 

Take your stroller, the big one, not a little crappy one.  Insist that he ride or walk, no carrying.  It will save your back.

Instead of a diaper bag, a back pack. 

Be picky on the souvenirs.  The light up swords are awesome, though. 

Eat dinner in a sit down restaurant.  Make your reservations for early in the day, about 5pm, even if you eat later at home.  Makes for much happiness with everyone. 

Take your time.  You will not see everything so pick and chose.  Animal kingdom has a playground in it with slides that is great for some running around time.

Every kid gets freaked out by the characters.  Michael was terrified on Saturday but had his pictures taken with and hugged Goofy and Pluto by Tuesday. 

• Loading the player...
  • imagecmeon_the_water:

imagembgreenwalt:
    I've been, but not with the kids.  It is amazing and so much fun.  It is not crowded because they limit admission and it was really relaxed and enjoyable. Have fun, I can't wait to go back!

LOL- you must not go during off-season if you think it's "not crowded" when they have to impose limits. ;)

We avoid that time of year like the plague- but, I don't think most non-locals would see it the same way. It's very pretty this time of year and our temps are usually very nice (but, can vary so much it's best to plan for anything). 

Don't try to pack in too much with a little one during such a busy time- lines will be long, bring entertainment and snacks. 

Oops, I read it as just the Christmas Party, not general admission.  The general admission was crowded, but the party wasn't.  I went the week before Christmas.

photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • You were correct, just the Xmas party Surprise
  • I agree with the poster who said the Christmas Party won't be too terrible crowded. I would check disboards to see what they are reporting this year, but typically the party tickets will get you in the turnstiles at 4p, a few hours earlier than the actual party start time. This is nice when you have a small child in tow who won't make it late into the night.

I'd have to look at the school calendars, but mid December may not be too horrible in general. We're local passholders and visiting the parks between Thanksgiving and Christmas isn't too bad. The crowds really pick up once school gets out for Christmas break though. 

Hawaii
  • We just went in October for the Halloween party.  We got there around 4:30 and didn't have a problem getting our wristbands.  (If you are staying at POLY or GRAND take the little boat over to the Magic Kingdom- we never had to wait and my daughter loved it.  It also drops you right at the entrance.) 

I agree with PP about bringing a large stroller, one with a basket.

We bought most of our souvenirs before we left!  I went to Target and got a few Disney items for my daughter and kept them "hidden" until we got to Disney.  Hey, it beats paying the parks inflated prices.  We only bought the things we really had to have in the park.

Stickers are amazing at keeping little ones busy if waiting in line!

When we went for the party we were amazed at how much we were able to ride with minimal wait in line, but we followed little ones cues on what she could handle. We rode Dumbo numerous times!

If you really want to see the parade, take the time to get a good spot along the street. Use that time to recharge.  OR you could hit up a ton of rides while everyone else is at the parade!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"