February 2013 Moms

Tired

I'm so tired.  Like, first-trimester tired.  I've heard it can come back in third tri, but I didn't want to believe it.  Guessing the constant waking up in the middle of the night due to heartburn isn't helping.  I honestly don't know how I'm going to get through two more months of work.  How are you guys feeling, exhaustion-wise? 
BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Tired

• I just sent my SO a message about how tired I am and that I really hope this doesn't last the entire time! 

I am first trimester tired.  and I was awake about every hour last night.  My body hurts so bad that every time i roll over i get woken up.  Ugh - i'm such a whiner!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am right there with you.... I feel SO exhausted! It kind of hit me like a ton of bricks too... one day I was feeling great and sleeping through the night... now I wake up a ton and don't feel rested at all.  Hello 3rd tri!
    Baby #1 Due 2/21/13!
  • Loading the player...
  • Im exhausted! And the worst part is , i cant blame it on sleep bc im still sleeping decent (getting about 7 hrs which is standard). Im just about 28 weeks, so i have even longer to go than you!!
  • It's rough. Luckily I SAH and my DS still takes pretty good naps so the days when I am really tired I can take a nap, too. On the other hand, DS isn't feeling well and hasn't been sleeping through the night. That part makes my days really long and tiring. 

My OB suggested that I take a Pepcid an hour before bed. I can't tell you how much of a difference it made from just taking Tums. The heartburn doesn't wake me up at night anymore.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Wow, ditto! First Tri tired!  I am so exhausted, its like no matter how much sleep I do get I can always take an afternoon nap.  I have this feeling its going to get worse.  Luckily, my work is fairly flexible so I can take an extra long lunch occasionally. 
  • I feel ya.

I was just thinking today about how hard it is to get up and do things. I wasn't before but the last six weeks I have been drinking a cup of Earl Grey or a latte virtually every day. Sometimes I barely feel the effects. I am just pooped.

I really want the energy to keep up with my baby and I know this fatigue is from helping him or her develop in there. But some days it feels like the fatigue has always been there and will never leave and I'll just never be able to run a house again.

Tryin' to stay positive but fatigue is depressing.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yep! Glad it's not just me. I'd say first tri tired, but this is worse. Achy, stiff, constantly out of breath plus frequent BH. I can't do anything without feeling super exhausted :[

Add me to the "whiner" list.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageRunaway22:
    Yep! Glad it's not just me. I'd say first tri tired, but this is worse. Achy, stiff, constantly out of breath plus frequent BH. I can't do anything without feeling super exhausted :[ Add me to the "whiner" list.

This exactly!  I still sleep pretty well, but it never seems to be enough.  The other day, I promised to help H do some work and the next thing I knew, I was waking up 45 minutes later and he was done.  I don't even remember lying down!  Oops.  Luckily, he's a really good sport about it!

• Add me to the "worse than first tri" list. I thought I was tired then, but now I know the real meaning of the word. I could sleep through the night and wake up tired. I mean, I *don't* sleep through the night, but if I *could*, I'd still be tired. Yuck.

Sometimes I stop and think, "How am I possibly going to get things done when baby is here if I'm already behind...?!?" But somehow we will do it!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've been super tired too.  I keep falling asleep for a nap around 6:30 or 7:00 in the evening- most days.  I can't stay awake once I'm home from work, and I literally count down the days until I can try to sleep in again on the weekends.  Right now I have to wake up early 3 more times before I can try to sleep in, lol.  This is especially funny because most of the time I can't sleep in, because I can't sleep.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Tickerimage
  • Me too, first tri tired.  I was hoping it wouldn't come back.  It's even harder now than first tri.  I'm not sleeping well, and work is driving me crazy.  I'm so busy and working longer hours than I was during a lot of first tri.  I'm just praying to make it through to birth, because right now I feel like I'm going to crash soon.  And, there is no time to crash.
  • o agree !! im so tired as well ! and it hasnt been like this since the 1rst trimester so i totally agree(:
    ~Sophia's Mommy~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"