Parenting

a DH question

Moms, what's your husband involvement level in raising your baby? Do you split tasks? Is there something else you would want him to do?

Re: a DH question

• Aren't you going to post another questionable link?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DH helps with everything. I think he does more than me somedays. The only thing I wish he could do is breastfeed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm a SAHM so I do the majority with the kids, but when he's home DH is extremely involved and we split things pretty evenly. He'll play with the kids while I make dinner and every night he does bath time with them and puts their PJs on them while I clean up after dinner, then I rock the kids and actually put them in their beds while he sweeps the floors. On the weekends he probably does more than I do since he doesn't really get a ton of time with them during the week.
    252855_10150214241312114_262494087113_7012916_3895481_n-2Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker Siggy check.
  • My DH had an equal part in making the baby so we attempted to split roles evenly. Kind of like how we do most things in our marriage. However, I BF'd for 15 months and DH couldn't do that so that wasn't quite even.
  • My husband is the best.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We split tasks.  He really is a great daddy.  One night I am in charge of bath and pjs and the next he is.  He reads to them and tucks them in.  Will help in the morning with the craziness. 

He cooks dinner most nights because he likes to. 

HE ROCKS!! :)  We try to equal parent- with both of us working we believe this is the right thing to do for us and for our kiddos.

• imageHilarityEnsued:

imageCoffeeBeen:
    Aren't you going to post another questionable link?

Oh... she's a spammer?  Sucks..

Oh well... since we're already upping the post count.  DH is awesome.  He works a ton, so during the weekday evenings, it's really just me and DS.  DH does a ton in the mornings with helping everyone get out the door.  On the weekends, we mostly split duties, though I tend to put DH in charge of DS while I cook, do laundry, etc., because DS tries to attach himself to me if he's not being actively distracted.

lol

(Thought I'd add one to the post count while we're at it).

• imageBostonKisses2:
    Are you going to include this info in a spammy link?

This is also a XP from the Dad's board. I don't think she realized that board isn't as active as others.

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/70257629.aspx 

• He's amazing - absolutely 50/50 with everthing.  He changes diapers, plays with him, baths him, puts him to bed (every other night, we trade off), gets up with him if needed, etc. 

Same goes for housework, except for cooking.  We're still working on him getting the cooking part down.

• imageRockyTopVols:

imageBostonKisses2:

This is also a XP from the Dad's board. I don't think she realized that board isn't as active as others.

Are there any other cool dudes on the Dad's board?  Why don't they want to hang out with us? 

• DH works from home. So he helps a ton. He will watch her while I run errands and stuffs, plays with her, and is the "punisher" in the house. She has like super selective hearing with me and doesn't listen to me at all. However, if DH says she is going to time out in 3 seconds of she doesn't stop something she books it. Weird. I got pretty lucky. However, I do all the icky things. Which kind of sucks, bu it's whatever.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We have equal involvement in raising our daughter. All "tasks" are pretty well evenly split (I get her ready for dc in the morning. He drops her off. I pick her up in the afternoon. He does bath time. etc...) We spend an equal amount of time with her both as a family and one-on-one. Well, I might spend a little more time with her one-on-one with her due to his 2nd/part time/seasonal job, but he definitely spends a good amount of alone time with her.

I can't think of anything else I want him to do that he doesn't do now. As she grows and her needs change, we adjust as a family, and we each take on new "tasks" or responsibilites as need be.

ETA: Oh.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• imageHilarityEnsued:
    imageCoffeeBeen:
    imageHilarityEnsued:

imageCoffeeBeen:
    Aren't you going to post another questionable link?

Oh... she's a spammer?  Sucks..

Oh well... since we're already upping the post count. 

lol

(Thought I'd add one to the post count while we're at it).

I was admiring your PW-ness CoffeeBeen.  You joined after me and have more posts.  And I thought my rise to Silver was meteoric.

Challenge accepted.  Gauntlet thrown down.  First to Gold wins a pony.

Dammit.  I'm wasting precious time trying to find a pony fighting gif when i could be posting.  Challenge accepted!... with the recognition that I will probably either lose or get fired.

• imageLoisLane23:

Gif off? Well, if you insist.

My previous research has paid off:

• DH is a lousy SO but is an amazing involved dad. He takes over as soon as we are done eating dinner. I can't remember the last time I had to bathe my own kid.  They don't go a lot of places but they hang out together most of the time DH is home. He is b y far the favorite parent right now because they are such good buddies.
  • imageHilarityEnsued:
    imageCoffeeBeen:

My previous research has paid off:

I can't see it!!!

Wait... it's called "OH GOD I CAN'T SEE IT"

Am I being punked?

You can't see it?!  It's a my little pony saying "Make me unsee it."

Hope that clears things up, you don't have to respond to this.

• Sorry for the link. I'm actually really sorry for it..
  • imageCoffeeBeen:
    imageRockyTopVols:

imageBostonKisses2:

Are there any other cool dudes on the Dad's board?  Why don't they want to hang out with us? 

There are a few. LD and I tried to recruit them over here a couple 5 Things Thursdays ago, some lurked and liked it but no one has posted.

A couple guys over there take it very seriously and don't seem to have a sense of humor- which is fine. They are straight shooters and have good advice.

But honestly, we don't have any assholes or drama really. There was a good thread about a chick who was giving her husband like 7 blowies a week and she didn't give one one time and he got all pouty. Or something. Sookie had some good comments in it.  

EDIT: Here it is.

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/68090557.aspx 

• imageHilarityEnsued:
    imageCoffeeBeen:

Hope that clears things up, you don't have to respond to this.

I'm on to you.  Here is how I envision this race going....

I see how this works.

• I'm a SAHM, so I do the majority of the housework and child care.  When he is home, he is helpful.  He will play with her, bathe her when I ask, and we swap every other night bed time.  It's pretty much the same on weekends.  He cooks on a rare occasion unless it's grilling season- then he's all about firing up the grill.

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• imageRockyTopVols:
    imageCoffeeBeen:
    imageRockyTopVols:

imageBostonKisses2:

There are a few. LD and I tried to recruit them over here a couple 5 Things Thursdays ago, some lurked and liked it but no one has posted.

A couple guys over there take it very seriously and don't seem to have a sense of humor- which is fine. They are straight shooters and have good advice.

But honestly, we don't have any assholes or drama really. There was a good thread about a chick who was giving her husband like 7 blowies a week and she didn't give one one time and he got all pouty. Or something. Sookie had some good comments in it.  

EDIT: Here it is.

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/68090557.aspx 

Her husband must be really unhappy if he complains about not getting a bj for one night.  Who's unhappy about getting seven blowies a week?  I say she let it go in his eye next time.

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• I do most of the baby "duty"- changing diapers, feeding, etc. I SAH and I just do that kind of stuff without even thinking. I am totally comfortable leaving him with DS and do nearly every weekend for at least a little while.

He is very hands on with play and stuff, though. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I would say that hubby and I are 50/50 as much as time allows. I have a little more time with her only because I get off of work much earlier than he does and have a shorter commute. He does everything I do, in pretty much even amounts.

I think the only thing that's not quite even-steven is that he does get SOME more time out and about without the baby while I stay home with her, but that's mostly because I am not proactive about it. He is not averse to it at all. 

One thing he does more is change her when we're out and about, but mostly I think this is because he likes the chance to complain to management of places that don't have changing tables in the mens bathrooms. Well, and also she is adorable and I think he likes the attention. Angel

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"