3rd Trimester

36 week appt

I had my 36 week appt and had my strep B screen done today.  She also checked my cervix for the first time, which was uncomfortable just until she was done.  She said that I was not dilated at all and my cervix was still thick and is still posterior.  As I know that I am still 4 weeks away from my due date, I was a little dissapointed that I have not dilated any.  For the past 5 days I have had multiple BH contrax and felt more pressure in my pelvic region.  I have not "dropped" yet, and I guess this is when your cervix begins to dilate??  Any others that had similar news at their 36 week appt?  At week 37 was their any progression?  We really want to do this all naturally and have no plan on induction, but my husband would also like the tax break as I am due 3 days before the new year!
BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: 36 week appt

• I had an internal exam at 36 weeks and I wasn't dialted or effaced at all - my doctor just said that my cervix was "definitely soft". He didn't check at 37 weeks but I think I'll ask him to at my appointment tomorrow. I feel like maybe things are a'changing.. so I guess we'll just find out, lol.

BabyFetus TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • At my 36 week appointment I was only 1 cm dilated and still really thick. Then at my 37 week I was 2 cm and 80% thinned. It changed so much in just one week! Don't lose faith :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • At my 36w appt. I was the same as you no dilation or effacement. I wasn't having any pressure or BH. Then, come 37w appt, I was dilated 1.5 and cervix was closed. At my 38w appt (last week), I was dilated 3 and she said -2 station engaged. She told me I would have baby within the week. It looks like I will be making my appt for in the morning unless baby decides he wants to get with the program sometime this evening and send me to the hospital. I'm 90% sure my doc will want to schedule an induction, so hopefully I will have baby this weekend.

My advice to you is to not dwell or think to much about how your body is progressing because it will drive you CRAZY. Trust me, I was doing that and finally had to let it go because I was being grumpy and b!tchy towards DH about it and it wasn't his fault. Your body will start to progress and you will be surprised at your next appt and breathe a sigh of relief that your body got the memo, finally. 

GL and HTH. 

Nov 2012 BMB January Siggy Challenge
    Those Presedential Fitness Tests Were Torture

• I had my 36 week appointment yesterday, I'm not effaced or dilated at all despite braxton hicks picking up and increased pelvic pressure. I was a little bummed she had no news, but I'm not concerned. He's not due for another 4 weeks, and I'm perfectly happy for him to stay inside until then. Not to mention, dilation doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• I also had my 36 week appt yesterday and had the strep B screen done as well as the internal with the same exact results as you. This has been the same experience with all my other pregnancies and by 38 weeks I've been 3 cm dialated. At this point things change rather quickly so don't feel disappointed. I have my next appointment next Tuesday and they will do an ultrasound to check the baby's weight. Best of luck to you ;)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Today Was My 36 Week Appointment, Tested For GBS, DR Didn't Check For Dilation Or Effacement : But I Have Been 3 Centimeters Dilated 60 Effaced For A Week Now So IDK If I Had Have Any Change Also I Lost My Mucus Plug A Few Days Ago
    Mommy :)
  • no offense, but seriously hope your husband is joking. most 1st time moms go a minimum of a week past their due date.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"