School-Aged Children

Classroom game rec for 1st grade

The kids' classes are doing gifts.  I'd prefer to do a classroom gift.  I emailed both teachers about what they'd prefer and it sounds like a board game, but neither provided any specific ideas.  Is there a great game your 1st grader loves?  TIA.

Wendy Twins 1/27/06. DS and DD

Re: Classroom game rec for 1st grade

• My son and his friends LOVE the game Headbandz.  In fact, even the big kids I teach love that game.  

It's a guessing game where you put a card on the front of your headband (where you can't see it.)  You ask questions from the other players to try to guess what's on your headband. 

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • At my DS's school, they really like the Headbandz game too. Also, Sorry! and Uno are very popular.
  • Loading the player...
  • Apples to Apples for Kids is fun
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

• My kids grade 1 and grade 4 love Cranium games.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Thanks for all the suggestions ladies. I'll check with the kids to see what the don't have in the classroom yet.
    Wendy Twins 1/27/06. DS and DD
  • My first grader plays Zingo at our house... It's like memory and bingo had a baby... It's pretty fun and durable!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2 since 2009 Have PCOS two close calls with letrozole and hcg trigger. Hoping 3rd time does the trick... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Quirkle and Blink are both great games!
    4/13/12--1st u/s. IDENTICAL TRIPLETS (?!?) PAIF and SAIF welcome Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Uno, Cranium, Set, Blink
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"