September 2012 Moms

hemorage?

I had a c-section 9-11-12 and had a healthy 8.3 lb baby boy everything was going smothly and then on 10-5 I hemmoraged and was rushed in ambulance to the hospital. They put me under and had an emergency dnc. they wanted to see how i was the next morning befor they went ahead and gave me a blood transfusion i could not walk with out passing out so I had 3 blood transfusions. I was in the hospital for 27 hours befor going home I wasnt allowed to drive or pick up my baby. the doctore told my husband i had lost 70% of the blood in my body. when my ob found out she called the hospital and was shocked because a hemorage after a c-section is not common, so im still in shock and im wondering if this has happend to anyone else and know why it happens. This was the scariest thing in my life and I just need answere I worry everyday it will happen again!

Re: hemorage?

• I just wanted to say that I'm so sorry you've had this experience. That sounds truly horrifying. Is your OB or surgeon able to provide any ideas as to why this happened or a prognosis?

I haven't heard of anyone on our board having this experience, but I could be wrong. You might want to post on a board with a broader audience!? 

Adiah Catherine ~ September 6, 2012

• I believe someone on the board hemorrhaged, after having twins, I believe via csection. Smurray maybe?

So sorry this happened to you! 

• Loading the player...
  • I hemorrhaged almost 3 weeks after delivering my twins, but I had a vaginal delivery.  I had an emergency D&C.  I had 2 blood transfusions during the D&C and 2 more a day later.  Did your OB say what caused you to hemorrhage?  Mine was due a piece of placenta that remained in my uterus after delivery.  I believe that's the most common reason for postpartum hemorrhages. 
    Double the love
    photo Eastercollage_zps0735f04a.jpg
    7/30/12 - B/G twins born at 33w4d due to PPROM
  • I'm sorry this happend to you! I hope you get the answers you're looking for.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My sister hemoraged due to a platelet disorder. Did they screen you for clotting disorders?
  • I am sorry you went through that. 

I also hemorrhaged about 2 weeks PP.  I had several blood transfusions, but still did not get enough blood in the long run. I was too weak to walk on my own for about a week without passing out. Like Smurray, mine was due to leftover placenta. 

There were actually a few instances of this on the board and if I remember correctly, all due to leftover placenta. Though I think they were all vaginal births. Not sure why it would happen with a CS except they didn't get everything when they were in there.  

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • My ob who also preformed the CS said they remove everything during the surgery she really didnt have answers for me she said it was a "freak" thing, so that was unsettleing. And it seems that no one hemmoraged after a c section wich makes me nervous, i hope if i ever have another child i dont have problems conceving it just makes me nervous. But thats for replying ladies!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"