June 2011 Moms

Recommend your video monitor!

I'd like to get a video monitor for DD's room when we transition her out of her crib in a couple months.  Then I can easily see if she stays in her bed.  :)

If you have a video monitor, which one do you have?  Do you like it?

Thanks! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Recommend your video monitor!

• I just ordered the Summer Infant BabyTouch vido monitor last night! I read a million reviews and was just so overwhelmed with all the options so I just picked this one which seemed good. I am interested to see the replies to this post :)

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • I also recommend the summer brand. Our video monitor is 4 years old now and still going strong. I had to replace the power cord after 2 years but that was $20 and not an issue. I added a camera when DD was born so I could keep an eye on both of them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We have the Summer Infant Slim and Secure. I like it! I really like that the monitor part can fit into your hand and is easy to transport from room to room and/or clip on your belt. We will be adding a second camera when LO#2 arrives and you can toggle between the two cameras on the monitor. My only complaint is that the part of the power cord that plugs into the monitor is a little loose and sometimes it doesn't charge properly because of that. I'm sure it's a fluke thing.

ETA: It seems that all monitors have 'so-so' reviews. Not sure why that is, but I haven't seen a monitor that is a customer favorite.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have the motorola and love it. I chose that one because I've read that while summer infant is a good product people complaint about it not holding up over time.
  • We got a Motorola off of Woot Baby(https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0041Q2V4W/?tag=plioz-20) when I was pregnant. It was really nice for the first 3 months and then it started to shut off randomly. Then we needed to replace the 'phone' battery in it. Which we cannot find...  even at Radio Shack The battery doesn't seem to want to charge. Then the connector between the unit and the wall started to click on and off... very frustrating. I will not buy a Motorola again... especially not this model. We only paid $99 for it... but I was hoping it would hold up better.
    Nickie
    Proud Cloth Diapering, Babywearing Mommy to Desmond (5.30.2011) and Evangeline (2.26.2014)
    Loving wife, best friend and teammate to Babywearing Daddy, Kelly (7.27.2000)

Volunteer Babywearing Educator at Babywearing International of South Central Pennsylvania 

• imageSarahKate31:
    I just ordered the Summer Infant BabyTouch vido monitor last night! I read a million reviews and was just so overwhelmed with all the options so I just picked this one which seemed good. I am interested to see the replies to this post :)

Love this one!!! We have been using this since LO was well little lol still use it and she's 18 months. I bring it on every vacation and dont think I could live without it. Also love that you can add more cameras to it. 

• Thanks everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"