April 2013 Moms
Options

What's on your Christmas Wishlist?

mobile users: What's on your Christmas Wishlist?

With it being cyber Monday I am all over the shopping and getting gifts for my husband and our families. But then came the question from my husband.. "Well what do you want for Christmas?" And I cannot think of anything! It seems like all I can think of that I want is for the baby. We aren't spending tons on each other but with it being our first Christmas married we want it to be fun and memorable, so we've set a small limit.

So I wanna know.. What is on your Wish list for Christmas.. non baby related? Anyone else having a hard time coming up with a list?

BabyFetus Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What's on your Christmas Wishlist?

• Options

Honestly, with the baby coming, I have had no thoughts of what *I* want for Christmas. Both our kids will be with the other parent this Christmas, so I told FI the ONLY thing I want is to go to dinner and a movie, I CAN'T WAIT to see Les Miserables, I am so excited that they made it into a movie like they did with Phantom of the Opera.

Sorry I'm no help, lol. My mom wants a list from everyone, and I just can't think of anything else that I want for myself.

OMG too many tickers...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My DH asked the same thing, I had no idea what I wanted. Throughout the last week though I guess i have gone and heard music I used to listen to with my siblings every Christmas and told him, a great thing is this CD. Then a few days later I said soething about how I have always wanted to see TranSieberian Orchestra (Sorry for the spelling). I guess just going day to day through things I have found little and big things i have wanted but never would have asked for because I wouldnt have realized I wanted it if asked right when he was going to buy. Does that make sense, to me it does but I also know what I am trying to say lol. With the baby coming and all we set a limit as well so the little things that mean something to you really are what count. Last year I made DH a box filled with index cards of 101 reasons why I love him. And then because I did that, DH for Valentine's Day made me a Poem and framed it saying what I meant to him. We both keep the near our bed stand to remind ourselves. Always an easy way to safe money and it is a great keepsake. Sorry I know this won't help you for him to get you something, but maybe for something special. Good Luck!
    IAmPregnant Ticker Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yep, I am asking for almost all baby stuff too. Only things for myself are a new calendar and some Bath and Body Works pump soaps.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had a hard time with this also because all i've got is baby brain.  I've also had the hardest time bringing myself to buy maternity clothes.  So I picked out a bunch of cute stuff online and asked for that. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Gift card for maternity clothes
    Jewelry chest
    A new bottle of my perfume

I'd also love to go see Les Miserables

• Options

I want a camel color purse and black pearl earrings and a couple CD's or Itunes GC's.    I always tell my mom I love candles, godiva, lotions and bath stuff if she wants little "stuffer" gifts.

• Options
    We are going away on vacation for Christmas this year, and our 'gifts' will be the excursions we do off the resort. Which makes it easy, because I normally go for clothes or shoes. 
  • Options
    I always hate that question, because I never have an answer. I don't NEED anything. I eventually found an idea for DH to get me, we'll see if he went that route or one on his own lol. Redenvelope.com has these neat necklaces that are personalized messages in envelopes.
    "You get in the bowl." Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

DH just called me to ask what colour KitchenAid mixer I want for Christmas, so that's what I'm getting.  I'm super excited and I don't even care that there won't be a surprise! 

I usually ask for books or kitchen things, but it is definitely hard to ask for stuff for me, when baby's arrival is imminent!

BFP #1: 08/17/2012  DD1 born 05/01/2013

BFP #2: 07/31/2015  M/C 09/23/2015 (11.5 weeks)

BFP #3: 12/16/2015 DD2 born 8/27/2016
  • Options

I have always been bad at coming up with things that I want for xmas.  Normally DH and I only give small gifts and we get money from our parents.  I usually save my money until I want something big so that way I don't feel to bad.  A couple of years ago I got my IPhone and the year after that some new clothes for a crusie we were going on.

This year I can't really think of anything and I was planning on my money from last year and this year just going towards the baby.  We are also trying to decide if we want to move out of CA next year so we are starting to save money on that.  So I think this year I wont really get anything and I am totally fine with that. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I think it's a pretty normal reaction to want everything for your baby and not be able to think of something for just you. I ended up compromising. I told my husband I wanted a sewing machine. I love to craft and then I can make things for the baby and our son. 
    BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Tickerimageimageimage
  • Options

I have no problem coming up with stuff!  My mom asked for a list and here's what I gave her.

Jewelry armoire.  They had a really nice one on black friday at Shopko for like $30.  One of those that stand on their own. And right now my jewerly is spread all over the top of the dresser, my bathroom sink, and anywhere else you can imagine!

Gift cards to Menards (we still have a ton of home improvement things to do) and Target. 

All 4 seasons of Veronica Mars on DVD.  I recently caught some reruns and am kind of hooked! 

Wine.  One can never have enough wine.

DH and I decided not to exchange gifts between us and we purchased an iPad instead.

Sara B BabyFruit Ticker VOTE on my Name List
  • Options

I always have a hard time too. My list this year is pretty weak:

Spa/massage gift certificate - I ask MH for this every year. 
    Body Butter tub from Bath & Body Works or Body Shop - feels nice on stretching tummies!
    A maternity hoodie sweatshirt & workout tank from Old Navy
    A 2013 wall calendar

Last year for Christmas I asked for a nice Brother label maker, and extra tape (including iron-on).  Its baby-related (so I can label everything for daycare), but not for baby per se.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I got a wish list present early since hubby and I came home and it was delivered on our door, he feared I might know anyway! I got a Clarisonic and I looove it! It's not a wonder why every site and woman I know raves about them or gives them 5 stars. Yay!

Other then that, I don't know.

DD 4/3/04 & #2 EDD April 21, 2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    A necklace with the baby's name engraved. That's about it.
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    It's so funny you ask this question. I have been telling everyone that I want stuff for the baby and I'm starting to get extremely irritated by their reactions. Everyone is like "You don't want anything for YOU? Nothing? Really?". Seriously, my in-laws have asked DH at least 3 times because they can't accept my answer. I think next time someone gives me this response I'm going to be like "Oh. You want a Belk gift card. Really?". lol. I don't understand why it's so hard for people (esp. other parents) to grasp that I would like the peace of mind to know that our child has all the things we would like to give it. I realize FTM have baby showers but I purposely put extra stuff on the registries to account for Christmas presents!
  • Options
    I have a few things I'd like. I want one of those foot spas to pamper my feet, which is motivated by the pregnancy but still nice to have! I also want an ice cream maker and a cast iron skillet. I also wouldn't mind gift certificates for Zappos.com, Target or Macy's.  
  • Options

I just realized I didn't answer your question.

Christmas List (bought on Black Friday by DH)

1. Cozy Robe

2. New Guess Wallet

3. Diamond Earrings

4. Dress boots with flat heel

5. New set of pots and pans (I'm probably not going to get this. Fun to dream though)

Yeah, so since everything I wanted was either pricy or I wanted to personally pick out, I went with telling everyone other than the hubby to get me baby stuff.

• Options
    I want (and already bought) a new diaper bag, slippers, and a few odds and ends.  My husband is in charge of merely wrapping these gifts and buying a few stocking stuffers for me before Christmas.  I've already done all the other Christmas shopping and am almost done with all the wrapping. I told my folks I wanted a new comforter set so that we'll have fresh ones, with which to stage our house to sell next year.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Perfume, a cape sweater from the Gap and some China from my pattern- I get a little bit more of my set every year. For some reason, people didn't want to give us that as wedding gifts. And I'm one of the few people on the planet that loves china and actually uses it :)
  • Options
    Whenever i see something, anything, i want, I go to Amazon and i put it on a wish list. Then when people ask, i either print the wish list or direct them to it. A lot of the things on there, i forgot i put on the list so i get excited when i get it for Christmas or birthdays.
  • Options

I ALWAYS have this issue -- I'm just not one to save up ideas for holidays.  If I want something, I generally go buy it.  The best ideas I could come up with this year are that I need new cookie sheets (mine are disgusting), and some stationary with my new name / address on it.  I'd also like an inexpensive iPod dock/speakers for the nursery.

Other than that, I just pointed people towards my baby registry.  That is all I really need.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Kitchen Aid mixer

Bread maker

new LARGE crock-pot

Blender (I'm a big baker and Love to do Freezer meals, so any small kitchen appliance that I don't have or that I use all the time and needs to be replaced is a REALLY good place for anyone to start)

Slippers

Winter Coat (although I would rather get a non-maternity one next ear so that I can get a few years out of it instead of just this one winter)

PJs

Stuff for the house - new runner for front hall way,  Curtains for Living room, table lamps etc. 

That's all I can think of right now. Of course we aren't going to be spending any crazy amounts on each other (or our kids) this year. We don't go super crazy with Christmas, just some small things and that is it. Otherwise all this stuff will go on the Thing I Want list on the fridge.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I want everything and Im very girly so Im probably the easiest person in the world to shop for. However, I still go on Ulta, Amazon, Macys and load the cart up with everything and them my hubby just goes and picks what he wants to get me and deletes what he doesnt and  checks out. Easy for him, and I still get surprised. 

IAmPregnant Ticker

• Options
    Books and some TV shows are all that ended up on my list actually for ME. I put tons of stuff for LO on there. It's practical and makes sense (and people love shopping for LO!). I have a lot of trouble thinking of me now, even though H and I are moving into our first home in the next couple of weeks and could use some things! Thankfully people have been quite satisfied with my baby stuff dominated list. 
  • Options
    I am only asking for a mani/pedi and a maternity massage!
    image   image
  • Options

I have no idea what to say when my mom and MIL ask me.

Between thinking only of things DS needs and the new baby, plus it's looking like our Christmas vacation will be spent moving, I have no clue what to say.

I told my mom to get my earrings because I know she loves to shop for jewelry and a girl can never have too much jewelry. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My parents like to buy us one big gift for Christmas, so this year we asked for an entry level SLR camera. I love taking pictures and our point and shoot is getting old.

I asked for jewelry from DH, which is the usual for Christmas. For birthdays we do an "experience", like concert tickets. But I never buy jewelry for myself and he picks out nice stuff.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Originally I told DP we should just get baby stuff for Christmas.  But, she told me this will be the last Christmas without a child, so I should get something I need. So I'm getting diamond earrings (replacing a pair I lost a year ago).  But, from my family, I've stuck with them getting us baby stuff.
    TTC #1 - BFN; TTC #2 - BFN; TTC #3 - BFP!!! Beta 1 - 149 Beta 2 - 250 Beta 3 - 442 Beta 4 - 1987! BabyFruit Ticker Announcement
  • Options

I was having a hard time coming up with stuff I wanted vs stuff we needed for the baby, too! 

Husband and I are board game geeks, so we looked for quick 2 player games that we might have a chance to play. No Risk-like games for us anymore!  

I asked for a dehydrator and a small bread machine. I may look for a better blender to add to my list.

Also added a bunch of LUSH bath products to my wish list.  No brainers include earrings or necklaces and gift cards for my nook!

Husband is asking for a pellet grill and a camera. His bday is at the end of Jan so I love when he adds one or two big ticket items to his list, though the grill is a little out of my reach right now. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"